On 11/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I'm very old and the amount of snacks I'm allowed to eat (if I don't wanna die sooner rather than later) has been reduced to fancy trail mix

they don't actually make the trail mix I like so I have to purchase all the components separately

Β 

Sun Dried Mulberries (seriously good)

Sun Dried Strawberries (Yum)

Sun Dried Gooseberries (fantastic)

Β 

Raw Smoked almonds (I gotta make these myself)

Salted Pistachios (shelled of course)

HazelnutsΒ 

Β 

Occasionally I cannot find one of the ingredients and I have to supplement to get that chewy/crunchy ratio back

In those cases I use Sun dried blueberries and or Apple Cinnamon cheerios (never apple jacks)

coconut and chocolate have too much saturated fats for me but ymmv. Enjoy! πŸ™‚Β 

Dried cherries are amazing btw. I also love dried bananas.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 5:33 PM, Luminara said:

Ibuprofen.

Β 

Ibuprofen and Benadryl.

Β 

Aside from being predisposed to allergies, my parents smoked like chimneys the whole time I was growing up. I'm rocking some truly EPIC allergies and sensitivities. Benadryl has quite literally saved my life on multiple occasions. I take it often as Epi pens are gawdauful expensive but good ol' diphenhydramine is cheap as dirt. Well, very nice potting soil might be more expensive. I try to always have some in me. I occasionally have blood running in my veins as well, but it's mostly benadryl if you poke me.

Β 

I'd like to, before I die, take a trip to George Rieveschl's grave and pour out fourty pink capsules for my ILLUSTRIOUS dead homie.

Β 

Since I'm allergic to so many natural foods, I subsist on mostly artificially-flavored snacks. They may be horrible for you, but tree nuts would kill me in MUCH shorter order.

Β 

Diet Coke and other aspartame-sweetened drinks are my favorites. I don't care for the taste of sucralose, but aspartame and sugar-alcohol are okay in things like hard candies.

Β 

One natural food I do like to have is oatmeal. I'll often munch on uncooked rolled oats. I am also blissfully NOT allergic to apples and stone fruits, ironically meaning I can have almonds in small amounts. I get sulky if I don't have a bag of apples, but a supply of fresh, dried, or even canned cherries, peaches, and apricots are super welcome by mah gaming desk.

Edited by mechahamham
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

I actually knew you have a kind of savoury breakfast biscuit thingy. It sounds pretty tasty actualy but I've never tried one!

Β 

Also, the PERFECT snack to go with games & beer:

Β 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0247/6639/products/pork_scratchings_1024x1024.jpg?v=1510227920

Β 

Pork Rinds?Β  Y'all have glorious pork rinds/pork skins/chicharrones?Β  I guess civilization has reached your shores!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Β 

Pork Rinds?Β  Y'all have glorious pork rinds/pork skins/chicharrones?Β  I guess civilization has reached your shores!

we call those "pork scratchings" - they are deep fried strips of pig skin, salty and seasoned with various flavourings. Uber unhealthy but sooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious and almost mandatory with a good pint of ale!

• Thumbs Up 2

Β 

Β 

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Β 

On 12/13/2023 at 6:02 AM, TheMoneyMaker said:
  • Coffee and biscotti
  • Tea and croissants
  • Hot chocolate and cookies
  • Whiskey and bacon
  • Twinkies
  • Pop Tarts (usually cherry)
  • Tater tots with hot sauce
  • Buttermilk biscuits
  • Leftover meatloaf

I just got some hot Cocoa mix for the ongoing snow lately. I am also a fan of everything else you listed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever....Β 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I use a combination of keyboard and mouse to play, so I have to have both hands free. That usually means no snacking while I'm playing... I almost always have my favorite Aoi vanilla matcha tea or some kind of coffee around, though.Β Β 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice