I discovered the wonderful relationship between nachos and gaming many years ago. Recently I thought of how CoH/V have elements of 'doing something then waiting' in its gameplay, so snacks work their way in pretty easily. I'm quite fond of pitaschios and a nice cold black tea. If I'm playing for more than an hour or two, I like to have more than one thing to snack on. Or if I'm on auto pilot, I'll eat a meal and play while watching a movie or something like that.Β 

Β 

What about you?

Edited by Glacier Peak
spelling

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever....Β 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Sometimes its simply water and nuts (almonds) and sometimes its coffee and Red Vines, biting the tips off and using it as a straw until i cease to be amused.

Β 

And when I am on a TF its animal crackers and milk and maybe gummi bears too (Especially on Yin).

Β 

Also for the recond, you can suck nacho cheese through a Red Vine straw; whole new dynamic πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Β 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

25 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Sometimes its simply water and nuts (almonds) and sometimes its coffee and Red Vines, biting the tips off and using it as a straw until i cease to be amused.

Β 

And when I am on a TF its animal crackers and milk and maybe gummi bears too (Especially on Yin).

Β 

Also for the recond, you can suck nacho cheese through a Red Vine straw; whole new dynamic πŸ™‚

Animal crackers are awesome! I used to love eating red licorice when I'd get them in MREs, specifically the Red Vine brand.Β 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever....Β 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Not a lot, but for drinking it tends to be coffee and a GnT, and anything eating has to be clean, not messy for the fingers I may have to jump to my KB and mouse with in a split second, so, maybe like cherries???

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

14 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Not a lot, but for drinking it tends to be coffee and a GnT, and anything eating has to be clean, not messy for the fingers I may have to jump to my KB and mouse with in a split second, so, maybe like cherries???

I've taken to grabbing a pair of microfiber towels for use at my computer desk. One for cleaning the dust off of my monitors and the other for getting the chip and snack dust off my fingers lol

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I've taken to grabbing a pair of microfiber towels for use at my computer desk. One for cleaning the dust off of my monitors and the other for getting the chip and snack dust off my fingers lol

Dont get them mixed up

• Haha 1

Croissants, of course. They are SO delicious.

Β 

And Clark Bars I sometimes find in old vending machines. C,mon, you rascal! Drop!!

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,Β  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I don't usually snack while I game. My boy on the other hand loves his flaming hot chips. Then he goes into the bathroom and instead of washing his hands he scrubs them with the hand towels by the sink. Ever shave and then wipe your face with flaming hot cheeto dust?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Left 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Usually have a carbonated water, coffee or tea when I am playing COH. As in the downtime I am swapping the vinyl putting some more music on.

• Like 2

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder LordΒ - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/FireΒ | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | MΓ‘istir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

12 hours ago, Jimpy2 said:

Potato chips, although my keyboard doesn’t necessarily like it.

Chipstiick - Smart Snack Chopsticks that can be used while Playing Games, Using Cell Phones and Reading, White

Β 

I've never tried this, nor talked to anyone who has.. .but there's about 100 versions of this on Amazon.Β  Makes me think someone is buying them anyway, if not using them.

Β 

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Β 

LOL, I actually have those, and I did buy them on Amazon. (They came 3 to a pack, so I gave the other 2 away to family members.) TheyΒ  work great and I use them when gaming and eating crunchy Cheetos. Usually my game snack is a huge bowl of popcorn.

Β 

kegSwHf.gif

• Like 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I go through snack epochs.Β  Right now we're in the 7th Age of Pretzel Rods but we're due to transition to the 5th Age of Slightly Overbaked Oyster Crackers.Β  Have to do dustless snacks free of adornment because I alternate between playing vidya games and bass/guitar; I hate crumb gum more than I like flavor variants.Β Β 

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.Β  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Chipstiick - Smart Snack Chopsticks that can be used while Playing Games, Using Cell Phones and Reading, White

Β 

I've never tried this, nor talked to anyone who has.. .but there's about 100 versions of this on Amazon.Β  Makes me think someone is buying them anyway, if not using them.

Β 

Huh.Β  I have used chopsticks with cheetos and the like though.

2010-03-05-601chopsticks.gif

• Like 1

I'm very old and the amount of snacks I'm allowed to eat (if I don't wanna die sooner rather than later) has been reduced to fancy trail mix

they don't actually make the trail mix I like so I have to purchase all the components separately

Β 

Sun Dried Mulberries (seriously good)

Sun Dried Strawberries (Yum)

Sun Dried Gooseberries (fantastic)

Β 

Raw Smoked almonds (I gotta make these myself)

Salted Pistachios (shelled of course)

HazelnutsΒ 

Β 

Occasionally I cannot find one of the ingredients and I have to supplement to get that chewy/crunchy ratio back

In those cases I use Sun dried blueberries and or Apple Cinnamon cheerios (never apple jacks)

coconut and chocolate have too much saturated fats for me but ymmv. Enjoy! πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?