Been back 5 weeks after 11 years to find 2x xp buff and 100% influence loss...WHY?

Spark Inferno

I am somewhat proud of the polite and informative responses. Personally, my own tendencies lean to the "having 5 level 50s after 6 weeks and *now* is the time to complain?" end of the spectrum.

My feelings are that most ATs don't really begin to feel like a unique character until level 12, and now that the higher tier powers are available sooner, somewhere between levels 26 and 30 is a reasonable time to turn of 2xp to see how the character plays.

Level 25 and 30 IO recipes will drop, of course Inf will be needed to craft them. Racing to 50 also implies getting to 50 with a merit-poor character... Merits can be used directly or indirectly to outfit characters.

TLDR: new players who rush to 50 are going to end up exactly where the OP is, by design.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:28 AM, Spark Inferno said:

Who had this bright idea?

Well. Let's start from before the Sunset.

There were double-xp weekends and you could only avoid getting the x2 XP by turning off XP (back then, that would mean you would make double influence, but not any longer).

And, as the x2 XP is in the P2W vendor, you could buy it before the Sunset - but I never did, so I have no idea how much they charged for it.

You can delete the XP buffs if you want. Just go to the power list and delete it. I think you can even delete it from the icons listed under the hit point bar.

Let them get to level 50 faster but give them zilch/zero/nothing/nil/nada in influence so they can't play the character anymore because they cannot afford the IOs to slot it.

As you have probably figure out by now, there is a door-sitting/power-leveling in farms these days.

Some people end up running in teams with nothing slotted - or so legends say - until they get enough influence to start buying gear.

At least in live I had my Corrupter Fire/kin who could farm the PI portal Demon mission but oh look the demon farm is gone and so is the original power set for my fire/kin

Farming still goes on, but is mainly in the AE.

Depending upon the server you are on and the time of day, you can't avoid someone sending a message in /LFG looking for farms, doorsitting, doorsitters, etc.

(NOTE: I strongly disapprove of farming, especially in the AE!)

They haven't removed any power sets from the game, but some power sets have been tweaked to improve them.

If this 2x xp was designed for players who have been playing for years and can afford not to make influence early then maybe make it so only they can get it by maybe umm buying it.

You don't have to use it.

Most new players don't even know the P2W is there until someone tells them about it.

Maybe just get rid of the xp buffs and let ppl play how it was meant to be played in live and not rush to lvl 50 with nothing to show for it other than badges.

No one is making you use the XP buffs.

No one is forcing you to power-level.

Those are both your choice.

Play the game the way you enjoy it.

That being said, you might want to check out ....

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Seed22 said:

And to scarlett, my thanks to the internet peanut gallery :P. But seriously got a great network of IRL friends. Not that you’d know or care, but I’m actually very happy IRL. I just react badly to what I perceive as dumbass responses. I saw your reply, thought you were suggesting to remove XP boosters, and chalked it up to another dumbass response from the idiotic side of the forum community. I see thats not the case, so I owe you an apology. Be well !

Apology accepted with thanks!

I'm glad you were able to get what I was trying to put across. And it does sound like you need a break from the game wihch might do you some good - I've taken many breaks myself. No matter how good the game is, sometimes you can have too much fo a good thing so enjoy your downtime and doing different and catch you when you return maybe!

Happy christmas and all that!

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I get some of the frustration. When you’re playing a lowbie and mish teams and even lowbie mish teams are lfm  but have a level floor to get in. Like a 40 mish team but 20 minimum??  It’s bad for the game and bad for new people. I can just pl my onw dude but I think that is still bad for the game. 

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, SpookTheHerd said:

Absolute baller move saying this and then having no signature.

As Glacier said.

image.thumb.png.76e444a08c235ad64fea93fb9543f3c0.png

But here you go. It's not a masterpiece but it might help?

I think what the OP meant is, you no longer get XP for the portal-spawned demons.

In yon Olden Days you could park yourself in that mish and quickly level by not destroying the portals.

Devs saw it as an exploit, and thus no XP for summoned critters (Rikti Comms Officer portals, too.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)