Clear Speed Leaderboards

Koopak

Yeah the constant spamming of the caltrops along with ripper being a nice spot for the gladiator -res which I didn't have much of a way to work in shows.  Got mine to 38s a few times but thorns has more versatility with getting good value from the pvp proc and having a Build Up power you can slot a Gaussians.  Illusion/?/Mace w/Enflame is the way to go.  Good show.

Edited by Mezmera

13 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Yeah the constant spamming of the caltrops along with ripper being a nice spot for the gladiator -res which I didn't have much of a way to work in shows.  Got mine to 38s a few times but thorns has more versatility with getting good value from the pvp proc and having a Build Up power you can slot a Gaussians.  Illusion/?/Mace w/Enflame is the way to go.  Good show.

Yeah, thorns was really surprising to me. I never really looked at it much before now. I'm not super sold on Caltrops though.  It doesn't proc that reliably, and it takes 45 seconds to do it's full damage (Hopefully the pylon should be long dead by then).

I tried swapping out Impale for Thorny Barrage, but wasn't getting times as fast (even though on paper it's better DPA).  I think most of the heavy lifting in my build is still coming from Skewer, and faster recharge (from Geas + Offensive booster) and prioritizing shorter filler activations (Build up/Impale) gives me more pokes per second.  Tried to record some videos, wasn't able to capture a 32 second video on Thorn yet, but here's a 33.  Chain is the same, 32 is just lucky timing I think.

I think Frosticus's build could hit it (or better) pretty easily if Geas and booster were used like I did.

-----

All that said, I did try Radiation Assault again, but wasn't getting anything better than Thorn so I switched gears over to Illusion/Martial/Mace, and boy did that pay off.

The build is still very similar to my others...the main difference from the Thorn build is that I squeezed in a kismet and Tactics to boost up the snipe a little.  The theory I had with martial was that since envenomed blades carries over to pets...and one thing Illusion has is a lot of pets....that might be enough to push me under the 30 second mark.  Took a bit of playing around with the timing to make sure envenomed blades was staying up on the most pets possible until the end of the fight, but I think I have it mostly dialed in now.  Had a bunch of low 30's, and then I caught this one - 29 Seconds.  Please forgive the jutter on the video....first time trying to record, not sure what happened there.

I tried weaving in caltrops as well (proc'd out), but wasn't getting times as good with it.

Run Type: Pylon (Open Beta)
Archetype: Dominator
Primary Powerset: Illusion
Secondary Powerset: Martial Assault

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 29 Seconds

Burst: Burst - due to Geas
Hybrid: Assault - Radial* (toggled on)
Number of Runs: 1
Version: Open Beta 27.7.5886.1 (RC3.5)
Video Link: N/A

Temps Used: Offensive Amp, Dagger, and Geas (No insps or Lores)

Build attached:

Pylon Dominator (Illusion Control - Martial Assault).mbd

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

2 hours ago, VertigoIguana said:

The theory I had with martial was that since envenomed blades carries over to pets...and one thing Illusion has is a lot of pets....that might be enough to push me under the 30 second mark.  

Genuinely impressive application of your understanding of the game mechanics.

It isn't often I'm still learning things about this game, but I'm absorbing everything you are demonstrating. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Genuinely impressive application of your understanding of the game mechanics.

It isn't often I'm still learning things about this game, but I'm absorbing everything you are demonstrating. 

Yeah I didn't know Envenomed Blades carried over to pets.  That's a pretty strong ability to add on to all those pets.  I would have thought the extra damage only affected your powers like Fire's extra damage ability.  Its fun to see all of the extra quirks in other assaults. 

If I was looking at straight DPA I'd have thought hands down Nrg would run away with it, I still think it's one of the better ones to transition to regular gameplay.  But it's interesting to see powers that can add extra layers from other assaults.  

On 2/19/2024 at 3:17 AM, Mezmera said:

Yeah I didn't know Envenomed Blades carried over to pets.  That's a pretty strong ability to add on to all those pets.  I would have thought the extra damage only affected your powers like Fire's extra damage ability.  Its fun to see all of the extra quirks in other assaults. 

If I was looking at straight DPA I'd have thought hands down Nrg would run away with it, I still think it's one of the better ones to transition to regular gameplay.  But it's interesting to see powers that can add extra layers from other assaults.  

Yeah, it's interesting.  I hadn't thought about it much until recently either. But it seems to work exactly like Hybrid Assault Radial. If you spawn the pets with it active, they get it.  If it expires ad you reuse it any pets will also activate it again (as long as they were summoned when it was originally active).

I have to agree though other sets would be better in normal gameplay, any of the builds I'm posting here would not be (unless your normal gameplay is limited to knocking down unarmed training dummies). Big fan of energy myself, but Arsenal Assault also looks interesting for my next *real* dom.

There's another quirk I wanted to try out.....which is Dark Control's Haunt.  I'm really only using illusion for the pets (3 Phantom Army, Phantasm, and Phantom Decoy), but Dark can *also* have 5 pets.  Haunt functions similarly to Gang war, since it's a targeted summon. So Haunt > burnout > Haunt means 4 Ghosties plus the Umbral Beast.  The other diffrence , is all of darks pets are targetable normally so:

1) Tactics effects them, which give the build up proc in it more targets to proc off of

and

2) They can be teleported. I suspect I'm losing a second or two actually getting my pets to the pylon, so I wanted to try summoning everyone then just team teleporting in.  Haunt needs a target, but I used a MDC dummy for that (they wont aggro on it, but it works to summon them all).

Put the best result I got below. Not a bad time at all, but Illusion is still winning out from pure damage. The haunts are good, but PA just does better DPS.  Definitely not a build I'd take into regular content at all, but a fun experiment.

Primary Powerset: Dark Control

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 35 Seconds

Hybrid: Assault - Core (toggled on)

screenshot_240219-17-54-52.thumb.jpg.31b3c402bd5d033d7494b4978b36f9e9.jpg

Dominator (Darkness Control - Martial Assault).mbd

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excelsior

On 2/19/2024 at 12:17 AM, Mezmera said:

Regular gameplay means so many different things to different people though. In truth most of these builds would be humbled pretty quickly if we just zipped halfway across the zone and tried these shenanigans against a lvl 54 pylon that fights back :)

/nrg is good, but for me you want a good amount of aoe and solid single target. If you don't have strong aoe then you want some way of facilitating good aoe like /fire boosting rain of fire and fireball so well. Or a ton of utility like /psi offers in drain psyche. But everyone wants different things and I think most assault sets are pretty nice. 

For this competition my gut said /thorny and that's why I ran that ill/thorn back at the beginning of the month. I honestly never considered /nrg in the running because it has no opportunities for -res and the self boosting is not on par with the likes of thorn, fire, (or as we learned from @VertigoIguana) martial. At the end of the day, -res procs play a big role in killing even con pylons as has been demonstrated so many times in the scrapper thread.

If someone swaps in burnout (double FE) and uses geas on the fire/fire/mace build I put up earlier it may well be in the running with that astounding ill/ma time. 

Still time for someone to get creative and come up with something different though!

On 2/19/2024 at 12:17 AM, Mezmera said:

Ya definitely an interesting mechanic. Perhaps not particularly applicable for an ill/ma in game, but if it works as he suggests then something like a fire/ma could see tremendous benefits to their imps over time (if you keep them alive of course). If nothing else I've added that for a potential combo to look at later and I would have not come up with that on my own :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

/nrg is good, but for me you want a good amount of aoe and solid single target. If you don't have strong aoe then you want some way of facilitating good aoe like /fire boosting rain of fire and fireball so well. Or a ton of utility like /psi offers in drain psyche. But everyone wants different things and I think most assault sets are pretty nice. 

For this competition my gut said /thorny and that's why I ran that ill/thorn back at the beginning of the month. I honestly never considered /nrg in the running because it has no opportunities for -res and the self boosting is not on par with the likes of thorn, fire, (or as we learned from @VertigoIguana) martial. At the end of the day, -res procs play a big role in killing even con pylons as has been demonstrated so many times in the scrapper thread.

The -res procs and -res in general is a very big ability to hit hard targets with.  But if you're able to simulate some of that -res by way of the Poison Mace then it kind of opens the door for more straight forward damaging assaults.  Although it is tough for Nrg not having a good pbaoe to make good use of the pvp -res proc.  Getting that one to fire consistently on the pylon would be the tricky part and would be cause for the many variations of times.  Plus having Build Up is a nice ability when you're not wanting to add control duration into the mix.  

As far as aoe goes that's why I love Soul Mastery so much.  There's no aoe powers in the regular assaults that come with access to this many great powers.  I hard focus the best ST powerset I can get which to me feels like Nrg and then augment any aoe I lack through Soul.  

On 2/19/2024 at 2:53 AM, VertigoIguana said:

Pets inherit Envenomed Blades eh? Learn something new everyday. Would Creepers also inherit if you summoned it while Blades were active?

I have thought for a while that the Dom's version of Illusion is better then the Controller one.

I still see the melee Phantasm bug is still there.

Edited by Maxzero

13 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Regular gameplay means so many different things to different people though. In truth most of these builds would be humbled pretty quickly if we just zipped halfway across the zone and tried these shenanigans against a lvl 54 pylon that fights back 🙂

If someone swaps in burnout (double FE) and uses geas on the fire/fire/mace build I put up earlier it may well be in the running with that astounding ill/ma time. 

Still time for someone to get creative and come up with something different though!

Ya definitely an interesting mechanic. Perhaps not particularly applicable for an ill/ma in game, but if it works as he suggests then something like a fire/ma could see tremendous benefits to their imps over time (if you keep them alive of course). If nothing else I've added that for a potential combo to look at later and I would have not come up with that on my own 🙂

If you are really getting into Burnout abuse Dark Mastery may be an option to double stack Tar Patch.

For regular gameplay I think Soul and Leviathan are pretty solid. Good attacks, good armour power, Probably like Soul more since the AoE, res shield and pet are better.

Illusion is one of the best primaries if you are fighting a lvl 54 AV that hits back.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Maxzero said:

If you are really getting into Burnout abuse Dark Mastery may be an option to double stack Tar Patch.

Could you imagine a version of the game where burnout affected the power pools. That would change some of my builds for sure.

10 hours ago, Maxzero said:

Illusion is one of the best primaries if you are fighting a lvl 54 AV that hits back.

Ymmv, but the AV fights back against you, not the pets with the dominator version. I won't disagree that the intangibility of PA is a benefit though.

5 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Could you imagine a version of the game where burnout affected the power pools. That would change some of my builds for sure.

Ymmv, but the AV fights back against you, not the pets with the dominator version. I won't disagree that the intangibility of PA is a benefit though.

The plus side is that you don't have to worry about the pets getting wiped out by a stray AoE....and with illusion (or Dark or Mind) you can almost always just perma-confuse them anyway.

Excelsior

Sheet updated, also what i did today

Run Type: Pylon
Archetype: Night Widow
Primary Powerset: Night Widow Training
Secondary Powerset: Widow Teamwork
Time in seconds: 84

Burst: No, sustain
Hybrid: Yes
Number of Runs: 1
Version: I27P7
Video Link:

Notes: No temps or accolades used
Build:

Acinus Night v2 - Arachnos Widow (Night Widow Training - Widow Teamwork).mbd

Edited by Koopak
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Koopak said:

Sure thing, @Frosticus what are the two empty slots in Health and Stamina?

Dealers choice 🙂 I didn't bother to slot them on that run either. Added the missing miracle and end mod.

Dominator (Fire Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:03 AM, Frosticus said:

It's true Dom's have always had issues taking s hit rather the dishing them out at least PA won't die.

Edited by Maxzero

Has anyone gave /sonic a try? I've been messing with it in Mids, some interesting proc opportunities with all the %hold powers it has, and Deafening Wave has 90% proc chance for some reason, inclusing FotG. Plus the innate -res the set has, of course.

Edited by Hitback

11 hours ago, Hitback said:

Has anyone gave /sonic a try? I've been messing with it in Mids, some interesting proc opportunities with all the %hold powers it has, and Deafening Wave has 90% proc chance for some reason, inclusing FotG. Plus the innate -res the set has, of course.

Not that I know of, but it could be fun if you want to try it out. 🙂

Excelsior

On 2/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, VertigoIguana said:

Yeah, thorns was really surprising to me. I never really looked at it much before now. I'm not super sold on Caltrops though.  It doesn't proc that reliably, and it takes 45 seconds to do it's full damage (Hopefully the pylon should be long dead by then).

I tried swapping out Impale for Thorny Barrage, but wasn't getting times as fast (even though on paper it's better DPA).  I think most of the heavy lifting in my build is still coming from Skewer, and faster recharge (from Geas + Offensive booster) and prioritizing shorter filler activations (Build up/Impale) gives me more pokes per second.  Tried to record some videos, wasn't able to capture a 32 second video on Thorn yet, but here's a 33.  Chain is the same, 32 is just lucky timing I think.

I think Frosticus's build could hit it (or better) pretty easily if Geas and booster were used like I did.

-----

All that said, I did try Radiation Assault again, but wasn't getting anything better than Thorn so I switched gears over to Illusion/Martial/Mace, and boy did that pay off.

The build is still very similar to my others...the main difference from the Thorn build is that I squeezed in a kismet and Tactics to boost up the snipe a little.  The theory I had with martial was that since envenomed blades carries over to pets...and one thing Illusion has is a lot of pets....that might be enough to push me under the 30 second mark.  Took a bit of playing around with the timing to make sure envenomed blades was staying up on the most pets possible until the end of the fight, but I think I have it mostly dialed in now.  Had a bunch of low 30's, and then I caught this one - 29 Seconds.  Please forgive the jutter on the video....first time trying to record, not sure what happened there.

I tried weaving in caltrops as well (proc'd out), but wasn't getting times as good with it.

Primary Powerset: Illusion

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 29 Seconds

Hybrid: Assault - Radial* (toggled on)

Build attached:

Pylon Dominator (Illusion Control - Martial Assault).mbd 45.46 kB · 17 downloads

i dont know if you noticed but you do have a QA powers buff on your ill/martial 29s test

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, free2 said:

i dont know if you noticed but you do have a QA powers buff on your ill/martial 29s test

Ahh, good eye. I didn't notice that before. @Koopak Sorry about that, can you please update the time?

I'm redoing the build, and I'll try to catch another sub-30 run on it later this weekend.  For now, here's a clean 30sec from the same day.

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Thanks 1

Excelsior

Ok, take two: Updated build - Double checked for no interference - Build is now live

Turns out, the answer is always more procs.  Still not finding caltrops worth it, that's another second I'd rather be kicking.

Realistic for actual gameplay? Ha, no. Even fighting pylons half the time a pet or two will wander off and try to solo the one behind it, or the tarantula will not approach (wasting enflame).   But every once in the while, when the stars and pylon regen ticks align, this happens:

Primary Powerset: Illusion Control

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 28 Seconds

Burst: Burst 
Hybrid: Assault - Radial (toggled on)
Version: I27, p7 27.7.5916

Pylon Dominator (Illusion Control - Martial Assault)2.mbd

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Excelsior

I actively hate this time as its using a new build meant to take advantage of offensive amp and so on and just was not beating my old build until i put geas in the mix and even then its HEAVILY RNG dependent. (i  swear im missing 1 in 10 attacks instead of 1 in 20) I also wasn't recording so rip but here's a screeny.)

Capture.PNG.b40e9fd59f81560df2d75ae70c6e2595.PNG

Run Type: Pylon
Archetype: Night Widow
Primary Powerset: Night Widow Training
Secondary Powerset: Widow Teamwork
Time in seconds: 77

Burst: Burst
Hybrid: Yes
Number of Runs: 1
Version: I27P7

Acinus Night v3 experiment - Arachnos Widow (Night Widow Training - Widow Teamwork).mbd

Edited by Koopak
  • Like 1