Clear Speed Leaderboards

Koopak

Run Type: Office
Archetype: Fortunata
Primary Powerset: Fortunata Training
Secondary Powerset: Fortunata Teamwork
Time in seconds: average 314 seconds aka 5:14 spread 5:07-5:27.

Note: Aura of Confusion used

Burst: Sustained
Hybrid: No

Destiny: Ageless Core
Number of Runs: 4
Version: I27P7

Page 7 Fort - Arachnos Widow (Fortunata Training - Fortunata Teamwork).mbd

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thanks 1

This was a fun challenge, thanks for posting that bounty @Koopak! Looking forward to the next one.

Only submitting one "official" record. Got my best time with Illusion/Arsenal. I did a lot of tests with other builds and a lot of them could get down to the 32-36s range. Those included:
Illusion Control + Fire / Elec / Rad / Arsenal
Fire Control + Fire / Stone

In my opinion, a big takeaway from this challenge is that the assault sets are very well balanced. I saw a lot of 30-40s results between myself and others with a variety of builds. I don't think you'd see this tight of a grouping with as many sets on any other ATs. This can probably be credited to Assault sets having more balance between recharge / animation times of their attacks. Other AT's should take notes, this is something I've harped on for years now. Procs aren't the problem, it's the gaps in recharge / animation times between sets. 

Run Type: Pylon (Open Beta)
Archetype: Dominator
Primary Powerset: Illusion
Secondary Powerset: Arsenal Assault

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 30 Seconds

Burst: Burst - due to Geas
Hybrid: Assault - Radial* (toggled on)
Number of Runs: 1
Version: Open Beta 27.7.5926

Temps Used: Offensive Amp, Dagger, and Geas (No insps or Lores)

illusion_arsenal_pylon.mbd

• Thanks 1

And that's it folks!

Congratulations to the winner @VertigoIguana with their 28 second time using Illusion Control / Martial Assault

I will be PMing to coordinate transfer of the prize and to get your input on the next bounty.

In the mean time I'll have to let March go by without a bounty as i haven't had time to sort further funds, but I'll be working to make sure the April bounty goes well.

If people would like to donate or post bounties of their own, feel free to private message me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Bounty Posted!

Prize: 2 billion influence

Task:
Post the best pylon/dummy time of any Stalker for the month of March.

Start Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, March 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
End Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, April 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
(In the links look in the non bold text with your location in it, if anyone has a better translation method, let me know.)

• Runs on the test server are valid provided they do not make use of any changes currently being tested, or the changes used are promoted to live.
Edited by Koopak
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Ston said:

In my opinion, a big takeaway from this challenge is that the assault sets are very well balanced. I saw a lot of 30-40s results between myself and others with a variety of builds. I don't think you'd see this tight of a grouping with as many sets on any other ATs. This can probably be credited to Assault sets having more balance between recharge / animation times of their attacks. Other AT's should take notes, this is something I've harped on for years now. Procs aren't the problem, it's the gaps in recharge / animation times between sets. 

The range of attack sets generally is fairly narrow. I mean you have often have very similar power setups (weak attack, less weak attack, AoE, Build Up, etc) and often just one or two powers that really set them apart.

Its when you get into the really broad power sets (Buff, MM pets, etc) that numbers can really vary.

Edited by Maxzero

My take away is that /fiery not having access to the +dam ATO really hurts it. 

Other assault sets have a ton of mitigation or utility built in AND see similar damage boosts over time when comparing the +dam ATO to the expected uptime of FE.

Yes /fiery can be used from range better than most, but keep in mind the strong time I got for fire/fire required melee just like everyone else. My ranged /fire attempts were considerably slower.

ime a proc'd /thorny is as good as proc'd /fiery from range too

16 hours ago, Koopak said:

Bounty Posted!

Prize: 2 billion influence

Task:
Post the best pylon/dummy time of any Stalker for the month of March.

Start Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, March 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
End Date/Time: 00:00 UTC, April 1st 2024 See in your timezone here!
(In the links look in the non bold text with your location in it, if anyone has a better translation method, let me know.)

• Runs on the test server are valid provided they do not make use of any changes currently being tested, or the changes used are promoted to live.

Would be nice to see no Envenomed Daggers, Geas, etc this time. Every Dom time posted was a completely unrealistic eye-roller.

55 minutes ago, arcane said:

Would be nice to see no Envenomed Daggers, Geas, etc this time. Every Dom time posted was a completely unrealistic eye-roller.

Aside from those being available to every player sure. The goal here is limit testing, if you want baseline then there's a decent number of sources already and you can just break out the calculator, or you can just wait will I have done all ATs and start looking for more specific things.

45 minutes ago, arcane said:

I personally agree with your stance, but I'm not the one hosting or fronting the inf.

That said, both builds/vids I submitted met "scrapper" rules (which is what you are requesting) and both were in excess of 1200dps.

Doms can do truckloads of damage if permitted the opportunity.

4 digit dps doms are not uncommon and they can still be quite functional in game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

I personally agree with your stance, but I'm not the one hosting or fronting the inf.

That said, both builds/vids I submitted met "scrapper" rules (which is what you are requesting) and both were in excess of 1200dps.

Doms can do truckloads of damage if permitted the opportunity.

4 digit dps doms are not uncommon and they can still be quite functional in game. 

Another contributing factor is that these new pylons apparently don’t deal damage. Until I realized that, I assumed your Fire Imps actually surviving long enough to contribute DPS was some sort of test server hack. I guess they’ve made the pylon test that much easier.

Back when I was doing pylon runs on doms, Phantasm and Umbra Beast had no chance without Spirit Ward, and Fire Imps and Haunt had no chance at all.

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I agreed with you at first ( if you my PB time it was with only 1 temp power and I couldn't control that power as it was the aura of mot) but after speaking with Koopak about it more I see what hes going for here.

The goal is not to have a 'standard test' or a compilation of data that can be viewed by the general player base. The goal is to find the absolute peak, the "we took out the breals and steering wheel to shed a few pounds" level of optimization. Because in alot of organized groups these days, survival on a dps build is wasted.

Think of it in terms of WoW, where raiders spend more time getting world buffs than they do on the boss. Which is something very untested in cox due to the way the cimmunity obsesses over 'realism'

39 minutes ago, arcane said:

Another contributing factor is that these new pylons apparently don’t deal damage. Until I realized that, I assumed your Fire Imps actually surviving long enough to contribute DPS was some sort of test server hack. I guess they’ve made the pylon test that much easier.

Back when I was doing pylon runs on doms, Phantasm and Umbra Beast had no chance without Spirit Ward, and Fire Imps and Haunt had no chance at all.

I missed this, the pylons are actually even more dangerous, but they added pylon dummies that dont fight back so that testers dont interfere with MSRs.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Well in truth, they bumped pylons to lvl 54 out in the zone. Those will wreck the majority of pylon builds that have ever been posted in the scrapper forum too like all those paper tissue /bio builds and spirit ward won't be keeping any pets alive against them. We will see a lvl 54 pylon thread? idk.

The old pylon test was arbitrarily punishing to certain powersets.

It is not uncommon in team play for my doms to be able to put the pedal all the way to the floor. I think if nothing else this competition probably showed a lot of people that doms can have some serious power under the hood even if they have a hard time putting it down sometimes. 

Additionally @Koopak is simply saying what is permitted (not entirely unlike the scrapper version, just a bit different), he isn't saying you have to use all of the tools available and his spreadsheet has a lot of detail letting viewers glean what is or is not useful to them.

• Like 1

Just for kicks, I looked at my old spreadsheet from when I did pylon runs, and my best time on Ill/Fire/Ice was 64 seconds and best time on Dark/Dark/Ice was 79 seconds. That would’ve been with Offensive Amplifiers but no Dagger/Geas. Don’t think the Ill/Fire had Enflame but not sure.

I know I had the whole Mace/Tarantula/Enflame setup on my old Ill/Dark/Mace Controller build and I don’t have times written down on that one but I want to say its best time would’ve been about 95 seconds.

I'll get this Stalker thing goin.

I think with Geas, Amps, & Patron pool pets, we're gonna be seeing very similar times to Dominators. 

Something to mention: I use 2 attacks before Assassin's Blade. If I get 2 stacks of Assassin's Focus, I get 66% chance to crit on AS. On a full team, this number would go up to 90%. 

Run Type: Pylon (Open Beta)
Archetype: Stalker
Primary Powerset: Ninja Blade
Secondary Powerset: Bio Armor

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 34 Seconds

Burst: Burst - due to Geas
Hybrid: Assault - Radial* (toggled on)
Number of Runs: 1
Version: Open Beta

Temps Used: Offensive Amp, Geas

nb bio soul - Stalker (Ninja Blade - Bio Armor).mbd