Clear Speed Leaderboards

Koopak

On 1/30/2024 at 9:27 AM, Ratch_ said:

Always loved seeing the st power of illusion 😎 nice run!

One thing to note on Illusion when fighting pylons is that Illusion has no way to setup Containment but Pylons due to be stationary automatically proc Containment.

Just pointing out that you will have slightly reduced performance on non stationary targets.

If you are willing to spend a lot of runs on it to get good RNG a Demons/Cold MM could be very good on pylons. There is a video of a 9 second kill but that use Lore and all Temp powers so I don't know how slow it would be without them.

Hah, the video is still around after 3 years. Obviously this is not a contender for the leaderboard but it may give someone some ideas. The Pylon dies before the debuff rotation finishes but they basically use Burnout to double stack Sleet and Heat Loss combined with Demon -res for a few hundred total -res.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 2

[NPC] Vanguard Training Pylon: Defeat Time: 0:48

So I did a 48s Pylon on test with my dommie but I don't do vids nor mids but I could replicate if you like.  I feel like I could do a little better but I'll take what I can.  I can give an overview of my build if needed I don't know what extraction tools the game has to dump my build into this post but I would share it if I knew exactly how to use the /buildsavefile.  Not too worried about if it will or won't qualify my run without a vid.  

Run Type: Pylon
Archetype: Dominator
Primary Powerset: Illusion
Secondary Powerset: Energy

EpicSoul w/Fortunata
Time in seconds: 48

Burst: Sustainable but I'd have to resummon the Phantom Army in the middle
Hybrid: Assault Core (on)

Destiny: Ageless Core

Interface: Degenerative Radial

Alpha: Musculature Core
Number of Runs: 4
Version: Latest build on open beta v4

Temps Used: Offensive amplifier, Gaes and Envenomed Daggers (No insps or Lores used)

Most of the build would be translatable to regular game play but I'd have to pick up an actual travel instead of temp travels.  Illusion has benefit of lots of pets, and lots of powers I would normally use in regular play I have slotted with purple sets to get recharge bonuses which I didn't use any of those purpled controls on the pylon. 

image.thumb.png.f929e4a3656ec062bfd94521d798a8db.png

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright I knew I could top myself.  Here's a Dommie with a 42s pylon.  

Secondary Powerset: Energy

EpicMace w/Tarantula
Time in seconds: 42

Number of Runs: 1

Temps Used: Offensive amplifier, Gaes and Envenomed Daggers (No insps or Lores used)

This build is mostly able to go play in game too, it even has a travel power selected.  I'd put a few slots back into normal places like a 2nd slot on Hasten but in the effort to clear the pylon fast this is what I cooked up.  I'll give it another go later I'm sure I can crack 40s.  

image.thumb.png.db72c1c29c2018c158b1da67cb755299.png

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Nice idea with the daggers! Geas takes it off the sustainable list though, but that doesn't really matter for this competition.

Don't really need Gaes though tbh.  With Offensive Amp being allowed and having Ageless, Gaes just feels like overkill.  Used just to use it, the attack chain is smooth without it.

I did take your idea of using Enflame though @Frosticus.  Fire/Fire is pretty good but I couldn't think of why it would be more damage than Illusion/Nrg which to me Nrg seemed like the better damage potential and Fire having good potential but safer since you don't have to be in melee or manage any energy release mechanics.  

To me it looked like dropping my -res debuff that could slot achilles heels in FoW pool for Enflame while also still being able to get the same production of -res in Mace Mastery along with the extra boss pet played out big time.  

On 1/29/2024 at 10:43 PM, Frosticus said:

From first damage landed? I always begin my clock when I start interacting, so the video claimed time is a bit slower than the way you measure. Anywho.

Archetype: Controller
Secondary Powerset: Cold
Time in seconds: 37 seconds (first damage at 0:09, kill at 0:46)
Hybrid: Assault Radial (on)
Number of Runs: hundreds haha
Version: i27, page 6
Video Link: 

Notes: looks like that near infinite Telukku buff from the DA arc is active. I think it is 2.5% def? Degen radial, pyronic judgement.
Build:  Controller - Illusion Control - Cold Domination2022.mbd 43.98 kB · 25 downloads

Congrats on taking the lead, at least until Maxzero get me their build! :classic_laugh:

It looks like you have some kind of offensive temp power on, did you have the Aura of Mot as well? Telekku's Blessing doesn't impact times bot Aura of Mot does a little bit (very minor)

9 minutes ago, Koopak said:

I just need the build, you can do /buildsave or /buildsavefile "filename" and then upload the text file created in this directory
image.png.0858748ff551bc085deda2be73e372cf.png

I've dived deep into that C/Games/Homecoming/accounts/Mezmera/   But I don't have anything showing a build folder or a text file from there.  It shows a playerslot txt file and json settings file then a folder for maps.  

I'd give the newer 42s build though once I can find how.  

11 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

I've dived deep into that C/Games/Homecoming/accounts/Mezmera/   But I don't have anything showing a build folder or a text file from there.  It shows a playerslot txt file and json settings file then a folder for maps.  

I'd give the newer 42s build though once I can find how.  

this is after using the /buildsave command on the character in game? Also make sure thats not an old install, i used my root directory, you can double check it via the launcher go to settings and check this

image.png

1 hour ago, Koopak said:

Congrats on taking the lead, at least until Maxzero get me their build! :classic_laugh:

It looks like you have some kind of offensive temp power on, did you have the Aura of Mot as well? Telekku's Blessing doesn't impact times bot Aura of Mot does a little bit (very minor)

In the dom video it's just 2 amplifiers (offensive and recovery one).

No worries, I was just salting the tip jar.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 8:14 AM, Koopak said:

Honestly its not even my build its one a speed runner gave me the idea for. Demons/Cold is actually a very strong combo since the resists and defence bonuses acually line up almost perfectly. The Demons end up at like 45% def and nearly 90% res to most things. The Burnout thing is a bit of a gimmick.

I don't play MMs a much anymore since pets tend to suffer a bit in the current meta. But for ST damage they are obscene because powerful pets are one of the few ways of not being limited by single rotation. Its why Lore pets can such a big impact on DPS.

Crab soldier 'Masterminds' can get extremely high ST DPS for the same reason.

Edited by Maxzero

14 hours ago, Frosticus said:

In the dom video it's just 2 amplifiers (offensive and recovery one).

No worries, I was just salting the tip jar.

Thanks! I'm trying to keep track on any temp powers just in case they are missed in the build files and such so people know exactly how to replicate.

@Mezmeraseems there is some parsing issues with the build so I'm cleaning it up manually (the build save is human readable) before posting your time. Seems this method does not handle Hamios very well, that said a random titan shard in your build feels like a flex, props :classic_laugh:

Sheet update, congrats on taking the lead!

Edited by Koopak

4 hours ago, Koopak said:

Thanks! I'm trying to keep track on any temp powers just in case they are missed in the build files and such so people know exactly how to replicate.

@Mezmeraseems there is some parsing issues with the build so I'm cleaning it up manually (the build save is human readable) before posting your time. Seems this method does not handle Hamios very well, that said a random titan shard in your build feels like a flex, props :classic_laugh:

Sheet update, congrats on taking the lead!

I'm a fan of the purple hue :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

Not sure how long this will last. But, just finished a 40 second pylon defeat with an illusion / fire / mace dominator. 

After looking at Mezmera's build and noticing the use of envenomed daggers, which had never occurred to me, I wanted to see how well fiery assault might compare to energy assault. So, I largely copied the parameters of Mezmera's 42 second run and tried to see if I could execute well enough to get a quicker run. It took probably about 10 attempts to get a time this low, with most attempts featuring brain farts or really hamfisted misclicks. Execution even at 40 seconds still isn't quite there yet, though, so it's possible that with more practice the defeat time could become at least a bit shorter. 

Secondary Powerset: Fiery

EpicMace w/Tarantula
Time in seconds: 40 (1086.5 DPS)

Number of Runs: 10-ish (took best time)

Build: file attached

(PS: It's not an accident that almost everything looks the same as Mezmera)

image.thumb.png.0f0e77b671870f0262851409c0b033e4.png

Dominator (Illusion Control - Fiery Assault - Mace Mastery),PylonContest,v2.mbd

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
General edits, forgot to attach build file
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Run Type: Pylon (Open Beta)
Secondary Powerset: Radiation

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 34 Seconds (avg. of 6 best consecutive runs = 36.1)

Burst: Burst - due to Geas
Hybrid: Assault - Core (toggled on)
Number of Runs: 6
Version: Open Beta 27.7.5860 - None of the powers are different than on live to my knowledge.
Video Link: N/A

Temps Used: Offensive amplifier, Gaes and Envenomed Daggers (No insps or Lores)
Notes: 

I did a bunch of runs to nail down timing. Best results were from starting about 60ft back to set up before engaging:

1) Hit Hasten + Ageless

2) Toggling Hybrid + Summon Phantasm + Tarantula

3) Hit Geas + Summon PA

4) Jump into melee range of pylon, count to 2 to let pets close in and fire off Fusion (Build up) > Poisonous Ray (-res for 30 seconds) > Envenomed Dagger

5) Begin attack chain of Cross Punch > Photon Volley > Contaminated Strike (use as they recharge, with preference to the Rad attacks) and weave in fusion when it's up and Dagger every 10 seconds

6) Pylon go boom.

If my timing was off for the first damage - I fired early, or pets decided to hang back an extra second or two- then the timings changed drastically. Got a lot of 38-45 second runs before this until I got the hang of it.

Using the Dagger/Poisonous ray too often also made a big impact on timings.  I settled on just using Ray once at the start, since it lasts 30 seconds anyway.  Pets are all even level, so shouldn't change vs a "real" AV.  I tried using the level 50 dummy on the other side of the base as well, but couldn't get the set up right without a couple of the pets deciding to to wander into one of the other bays.

Also tried a few different combinations of Incarnate abilities.  Hybrid Assault Core definitely won out of Assault Radial.  Degen Radial was best for interface, with Reactive Radial nearly even or maybe a half second behind. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bbf047f907533b417731086f06fd4eaf.jpeg
Build: Mids file Attached

Pylon Dominator (Illusion Control - Radioactive Assault).mbd

Edited by Killerhawk
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

“Most things that require dps also require decent survivability. Otherwise, I would have dumped the money I put into this ill/cold into a fire/fire/mace dom and really set the bar high .”

(Me) Frosticus, 2010, the early days of pylons

14 years later, and we now have docile pylons to dps test on, so let's see what a fire/fire/mace can do!

Here is my competition spec fire/fire dom. I don’t use p2w, or click accolades so maybe some more time to be shaved by a more intrepid adventurer given what -regen can add.

I made sure to leave combat tab open as that is interesting to watch.

My findings mirror @VertigoIguanawith regard to radial degen and assault core. I might run this a few more times to see if I can improve, but I have another combo I'm pursuing now.

Run Type: Pylon

Archetype: Dominator
Primary Powerset: Fire

Secondary Powerset: Fire
Time in seconds: 35

Burst: sustained
Hybrid: Assault Core (on)
Number of Runs: 1
Version: I27 Page 7 beta 4
Video Link:

Notes: No insp/temps/amps/p2w/click accolades/lore
Build:  will upload asap (on other pc) 

Dominator (Fire Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

Edited by Frosticus
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Secondary Powerset: Thorny Assault

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 32 Seconds

Number of Runs: 20ish (6 in screenshot below)
Version: Open Beta 27.7.5877.1 (RC3)

Temps Used: Offensive amplifier, and Geas (No insps or Lores)
Notes: 

Swapped to Thorns, but otherwise very similar build as before.  With Thorns I can fit in both -res procs without Cross Punch, and get Enflame back in the mix. I also dropped the daggers out of rotation.  With a fight this short, it seems like just going for more damage is more effective in keeping the times low here.  All 6 of these runs *felt* similarly tight, I think it's the timing of the pylons regen ticks that gave me the big range (32s to 40s in the screenshot below).  Tried a few without Geas and the Amp as well, and got some similar times, though less consistently good so I left them in in the end.

Ran 20 or so total, with lot of mid/low 30s results. The best being a couple at 32s (though they were rare) Screenshot of the best string of runs below. 

Had to stop when someone came by with Player Buff AOE running, but I don't think I can squeeze any more out of this one. I suspect that I can juice a bit more out of my Rad Assault build with what I learned from this.....especially if I give up any semblance of being usable in actual content. So that'll be next.

screenshot_240217-20-15-38.thumb.jpg.05f2b635c766a00a28961c94c9f0350f.jpg

Build:

Pylon Dominator (Illusion Control - Thorny Assault).mbd

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

1 hour ago, VertigoIguana said:

Secondary Powerset: Thorny Assault

EpicMace
Time in seconds: Best: 32 Seconds

Number of Runs: 20ish (6 in screenshot below)
Version: Open Beta 27.7.5877.1 (RC3)

Temps Used: Offensive amplifier, and Geas (No insps or Lores)
Notes: 

Dang this is the same combo I've been working on! Haha great minds. Best I've hit is 34 sec w/o amps/geas/daggers etc. 

Very well done.

I'll toss up the vid of my version + build for completion-ist sake. Awesome job!

Thorny is impressive.

Edited by Frosticus

We have such different approaches to our builds for illusion/thorny that I think it is worthwhile adding it. I wish you had vid, cause I feel like my fight is a hot mess in terms of execution, but it is still crazy fast (not as fast as yours though!)

Run Type: Pylon

Archetype: Dominator
Primary Powerset:
Illusion

Secondary Powerset: Thorny
Time in seconds: 34

Burst: sustained
Hybrid: Assault Core (on)
Number of Runs: 1
Version: I27 Page 7 beta 4
Video Link: 

Notes: Do I make you thorny? No Insp/temps/amps/p2w/click accolades/lore