New dude - City of Villains?

Yes.

Also, you can create ANY character AT and play on either side. So villain Blasters and hero Masterminds.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Yep. All the expansions are included. You select in character creation which world to start out. Whether City of Heroes/Villains (primal) or Going Rogue (Praetoria). Then if you selected city of Heroes/Villains, it's decided where you end up in the tutorial you select or from a choice in the tutorial. If you selected Outbreak you'll be a hero, if you select Breakout you'll be a villain. Or in the Galaxy City tutorial, if you select to save Blue Spectrum you'll be a hero, to kill him you'd be a villain. A little confusing but I guess that's how it is when you're 1000 updates into a game. 

Also tutorials and Praetorian double agenty stuff aside you can do all the content from everywhere by switching alignments. You also have 1k character slots so don't be afraid to just choose a random path to go down too. 

Edited by A Cat

47 minutes ago, TheBlackCenturion said:

Hey guys. I’m overjoyed to have found Homecoming. I was just wondering, is City of Villains included in this? I’d love to get a new nemesis created for someone!

Redside. Bestside .  F-ing loner side.  Always has been.  

I have run many redside solo runs.  I am trying to stop myself….i think unsuccessfully…from starting another.  This involves stopping exp and doing every contact for every mission until they say “i have nothing else for you”.   The storylines are so good my only complaint is there are two or three people in missions you cannot kill or you lose them as a contact. 

If you want to be a villain, you start at the bottom.  You stab people in the back, you take crap work, you learn how to work against the system and survive.  When you get to the top of the heap you hand the boss his head. 
image.thumb.jpeg.592985019744aa87e7d44f0248a01965.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

For the low, low price of FREE you even get an alternate reality aka Praetoria from the Going Rogue expansion.  You are not a hero, you are not a villain, you are still super powered but your alignment is dubious at best or flawed at the worst.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

6 minutes ago, starro said:

For the low, low price of FREE you even get an alternate reality aka Praetoria from the Going Rogue expansion.  You are not a hero, you are not a villain, you are still super powered but your alignment is dubious at best or flawed at the worst.  

Goldside is great.  If you love unending waves of techno zombies.  Endless socio political dialogue. And mind controlling space tramps.  Oh. They also have robots

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

33 minutes ago, Snarky said:

If you want to be a villain, you start at the bottom.  You stab people in the back, you take crap work, you learn how to work against the system and survive.

And kill snakes.  Don't forget the killing snakes.  So very, very many snakes at early levels.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Not sure morality side matters anymore than roleplay these days with everything being accessible at any time anyhow.

As for the 'Redside/Bestside/fanboiyism' - it is a well crafted part of the game and more atmospheric than a lot of the goody-two-shoes offerings.

I play the odds these days mainly with Vigilantes so that there is very little swapping going on and I get to keep my morality bonus power.

Welcome back 😄

11 hours ago, Starfyre76 said:

woot.....now to dredge up my old mastermind macros.

You can find them elsewhere on these forums if you can't find yours.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝