AI Generative Art

sbloyd

This video was completely generated on my computer from four clips. Control is getting better, and I like the 2D look I am using for this one. I am using images from a music video I made several years ago, and I am going to see if I can make an animated video using clips.

This worked out really well.  I have this old martial arts character named Bearded Hero.  I put him in Krea and replaced all the description of wearing a vest and blue jeans and a cowboy hat, and combat stance and background nonsense... and replaced it with two simple words:  "Chuck Norris"

I think Krea did pretty good... except for his right fist.

image.png image-enhanced-13.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Player2 said:

This worked out really well.  I have this old martial arts character named Bearded Hero.  I put him in Krea and replaced all the description of wearing a vest and blue jeans and a cowboy hat, and combat stance and background nonsense... and replaced it with two simple words:  "Chuck Norris"

I think Krea did pretty good... except for his right fist.

image.png image-enhanced-13.png

Its also missing the fist in his beard.

@Trike I hid the post with the music preview, but thanks for liking it. I did a bunch of work on the video tonight to make it smoother and remove the static images of the stares, replacing them with animated stares. I added some simple transitions and upscaled the latest preview to HD. It's still unsettling but it's supposed to be. It's not a happy song. 😄 But I think it is coming together. I made some more animations to add to it and I may make some more.

• Like 2

Just found this thread and I find it so much fun. I know there's always a lot of ups and downs, back and forths about AI art and the like, but I find what these programs can do personally inspires me to look at my own work in new ways. A lot of what's here is folks sharing modified screenshots, but I thought I'd share something a bit unique, a blast from the past as it were from a very old "competition" on the art boards from the days of old.

The prompt was to envision one (or more) of the City's namesake Heroes or Villains as their junior selves (aka: babies), and I was struck with the idea of Lord Recluse wandering around in a walker made of spider legs.

Here's a small thumbnail for slight reference to the original sketch I did over a decade ago: image.png.6e284e98cc472775b722514dde2fe1b0.png

And here's the re-imagined and enhanced update with AI, using my sketch as its base:

Spoiler

image.png.c32fc6da4ab90ae2d4ee3d4c2cad662e.png

In the original I had tiny "toy" versions of the Freedom Phalanx being clobbered at his feet below with thought bubbles of expression (!! and >.> and the like), clearly the AI didn't capture that essence so we just got goopy spider gunk everywhere.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I was struck with the idea of Lord Recluse wandering around in a walker made of spider legs

Awesome. And horrifying. 😆

13 hours ago, Krimson said:

@Trike I hid the post with the music preview, but thanks for liking it. I did a bunch of work on the video tonight to make it smoother and remove the static images of the stares, replacing them with animated stares. I added some simple transitions and upscaled the latest preview to HD. It's still unsettling but it's supposed to be. It's not a happy song. 😄 But I think it is coming together. I made some more animations to add to it and I may make some more.

It’s unsettling the same way all those movies with creepy little girls are.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Trike said:

It’s unsettling the same way all those movies with creepy little girls are.

I actually remembered why I wrote the song. At the time I had just purchased some software called Sibelius which is similar to Finale. This is the only song that I wrote using paper and pencil. I still have the notes. 

The singing voice is a Vocaloid called Gumi. She is normally quite melodic out of the box. I wanted to try making her singing discordant and off key. 

The character in the video is from a play by post RPG I was playing in. She has the superpower to not be noticeable. Kind of like Xandar from GI Joe. Or she could also be described as Dim in the same way Randall Flagg from the works of Stephen King could. Except poor Utsuko has no control over her power. 

• Like 1

I found a new tool - https://www.immersity.ai

It turns 2D images into 3D motion or stereo images. I’ll have to upload some of the videos to YouTube, but here are the stereo pics. I think they look better when looked at in parallel (relaxing eyes by looking past the pic) versus crosseye, but it’s still pretty cool.

I tried a variety of different renders. I have a 1950s Kodak stereo camera so I’ve done a bit of experimenting over the years with stereo photography. (I even tried some in-game back on Live, which was way harder than it seems because characters and backgrounds aren’t static enough, but it worked.)

Anyway, for best results, use pics where the elements of the image are clearly separated into foreground, middle, and background.

To do parallel, it helps to kind of look through the screen and slightly downward.

IMG-8700.jpg
IMG-8697.jpg
IMG-8697.jpg
IMG-8694.jpg
IMG-8694.jpg
IMG-8691.jpg
IMG-8691.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krimson said:

This is the full song. I'll probably do some more work on it, but this is more or less how it will look. With new animations.

I like it.

• Thumbs Up 1