how would you slot Energy Aura on a Scrapper ??

smnolimits43

Pulled up my characters to check.  Looks like I went for prioritizing recharge speed, with the LotG unique in all the defense powers and five slotting Red Fortune as well.  Dampening Field is muling the procs to further increase defense, Energize has a full Preventitive Medicine set.  However i'm not an expert, I usually aim for max recharge anyway.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 1/28/2024 at 4:25 AM, smnolimits43 said:

I'm testing this set out on beta test.  I've never played this yet.  How would you slot the powers ??  Thanks in advance.

Definitely go with Luck of the Gambler, I'd do a 4 slot splash on most of the skills, 3 for def, def/end, def/end/rec, then +7% global recharge speed; that should get you the set bonus Acc in addition to mostly maxing your def and recharge speeds.

Energy Aura doesn't need much help from IO set defense bonuses, so you can focus on almost entirely on recharge.  Just make sure your toggles have their defense values fully enhanced (3-4 LoTG will do, but you can also do things like 1 LoTG unique + 5 Red Fortune if you have slots to spare).  I like psi resist IOs wherever I can put them (Dampening Field, Energy Protection, Tough) since it is Energy Aura's only real weakness.  

I don't have a EA Scrapper, perhaps my Sentinel choices can be informative? Generally: I find Energy aura to be a rather straightforward set to slot, leveraging Global pieces and set bonuses as desired. With my Sentinel, I did end up making the (unusual for me) choice to 6-slot some Very Rare sets to improve Toxic/Psi resistances. On other characters I usually just rely on positional defense values, but that is not how Energy Aura rolls.

I run with the Kismet +ToHit in whichever toggle will always be on and also has room for it.

Spoiler

------------

Level 1:                 Kinetic Shield    

(A) Kismet - ToHit +6%

(*) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

(*) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Shield Wall - Defense: Level 50+5

Level 10:              Energize              

(A) Preventive Medicine - Heal

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance

(*) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/Recharge

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Recharge

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Recharge/Endurance

(*) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 12:              Power Shield    

(A) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Shield Wall - Defense: Level 50+5

Level 16:              Entropy Shield  

(A) IO Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Power Armor    

(A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Recharge

(*) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

(*) IO Health: Level 50+5

Level 24:              Repelling Force

(A) IO Defense: Level 50+5

(*) IO Defense: Level 50+5

Level 28:              Kinetic Damping              

(A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

(*) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance: Level 50+5

(*) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Aegis - 5% Psi Resist / 20% Mezz Resist

Level 30:              Maneuvers        

(A) Reactive Defenses - Defense

(*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance

(*) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/Recharge

(*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Recharge

(*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

(*) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 32:              Power Drain      

(A) IO EndMod: Level 50+5

Level 41:              Overload            

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

I included Maneuver's slotting because I feel it is important for the set bonuses (+global) and also for layering some defense.

As an aside, with Accolades, the EA Sentinel is the only non-Tank in my roster that sits at the HP cap for its AT. I mention this because it feeds into how survivable the character is with the resists, scaling damage resistance, etc.

• 1 month later

And here I'm just coming back and have a Psy Melee/Energy Aura character that this info will be very valuable to, thank you all!

Speaking of, any chance someone might have history with this combo and could give some tips?

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

On 1/28/2024 at 12:25 PM, smnolimits43 said:

I'm testing this set out on beta test.  I've never played this yet.  How would you slot the powers ??  Thanks in advance.

I put Luck of the Gambler-sets in the Toggles (Kinetic Shield, Power Shield) and the Resist Uniques (Steadfast Protection, Aegis etc) in the Passives (Dampening/Energy Protection).

I also added Weave for more Luck of the Gambler and the Shield Wall Unique that adds health.

Scrapper (Kinetic Melee - Energy Aura) ROP.mbd

Designed for taking hits in Hard mode, High overload uptime, when it drops cycle to demonic aura accolade, RoP and  or hybrid. By the time one of those drop overload should be up again.

For normal content pretty much overkill. This is an actual play tested build and not just theory crafted. FF procs and ageless allowed for shaving off base recharge to achieve desired result. Swap sorc for Experm to get AB if looking to just play in normal content.

Scrapper (Kinetic Melee - Energy Aura) AB.mbd

3 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

Best advice I can give for EA is it is slot hungry so go with a primary that is not slot hungry and give EA everything it demands.

Or perhaps choose a primary that doesn't need Epic level powers / snipes / etc.

A lot of slots end up being consumed by those. 

My personal take is to also skip leadership.  

13 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Or perhaps choose a primary that doesn't need Epic level powers / snipes / etc.

A lot of slots end up being consumed by those. 

My personal take is to also skip leadership.  

Someone was dipping into the cranky sauce

• Confused 1