Anyone else getting this issue? Alt-Tabbing from the game

Vanden

I Alt-Tab a lot, and I've noticed some weird behavior. Basically, it becomes a lot slower if I do it too quickly. Ordinarily, Alt-Tabbing to another window from CoH will be instant. However, if I then go back to the game and Alt-Tab after only a few seconds, my computer freezes up for a few moments before the window changes. It's usually less than a second, and I can still move the cursor (which changes to the Windows cursor, and I can move it). If it takes a long time to switch over I can even force it to switch by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then cancelling out of that screen, but it's usually not necessary. But anyway, yeah, game starts being reluctant to lose focus if I Alt-Tab too frequently. Anyone else experience that?

Heh, in an attempt to hit Esc (cancel a power to hit the nearest target) I often end up alt-dying. Something that will help is to go into the Tequila settings and add "-maxinactivefps 5" inside the "Launch Parameters" to reduce the game's FPS to 5 when it's not in the foreground.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

If you hit ESC it cancels the next power you have clicked on?

I can't count the times I hit my next big AoE only to realize the first one did the job half way through.

There are also the Cancel Power and Unqueue Power hotkeys you can set in Keymapping, that are helpful with stuff like that (if you didn't already know).