Suggestion: Ressurect Sister Psyche and make her the Signature Sentinel Character

As stated above, since there's a main NPC that represents each of the Classes available how about doing a task force that  resurrects Sister Psyche to make her the signature Sentinel character. In true comic book fashion she will have amnesia when revived and join the Vindicators as a new member (There by keeping the Task Forces still the same and causing grief for Manticore who's happy she's alive but devastated that she has amnesia) Powerset would be Psychic Blast  / Regeneration. Task Force would consist of the Clockwork King Kidnapping Penny Yin, Manticore, and Aurora Borealis  and Draining Sister Psyche's psychic residue from the people kidnapped, and implanting it into a modified Clone of Sister Psyche's Body. (So that she'll age normally etc.) Final fight is fighting both the Clockwork King and Sister Psyche with her new powerset.

Aftermath she returns to normal has amnesia and joins the Vindicators as a new member to mentored by Aurora.

You all have the right to use this idea if you want, just throwing it  out there. If anyone wants to suggest anything to improve the idea or throw there own spin on it go right ahead...

• Thumbs Down 1

This feels kind of forced TBH. Instead of trying to ram this square peg into a round hole I'd rather have a new character added or maybe repurpose an existing one whose AT isn't fully clarified (maybe Blast Furnace? IDK what he was supposed to be other than having fire powers). 

EDIT: Blast Furnace has too many melee attacks to be a Sentinel, so scratch that one. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

I like the idea too.... not Sister Psyche.... stick that contact in Khalisti Wharf when that gets filled out.  Not sure about the content range level either, but who knows!  

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, FupDup said:

This feels kind of forced TBH. Instead of trying to ram this square peg into a round hole I'd rather have a new character added or maybe repurpose an existing one whose AT isn't fully clarified (maybe Blast Furnace? IDK what he was supposed to be other than having fire powers). 

EDIT: Blast Furnace has too many melee attacks to be a Sentinel, so scratch that one. 

What about Scirocco? They could continue on his story arc that was planned (he was supposed to be redeemed into a hero) and have his AT clarified as sentinel. 

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

22 minutes ago, Lockely said:

What about Scirocco? They could continue on his story arc that was planned (he was supposed to be redeemed into a hero) and have his AT clarified as sentinel. 

Except he is already stated to be a Corruptor.

41 minutes ago, DrIlluminatis said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was suggesting Sister Psyche, just because she's an available character, and the resurrection arc is a staple in comics, and hasn't really been done in this game, aside from Ghost Widow

And Red Widow. (Once in actuality and once partially to test Ghost Widow's, though Ghost Widow's was sabotaged so failed.) (Edit again: And Percy and War Witch.)

(Edit: And all the times players resurrect each other.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Rudra said:

(Edit: And all the times players resurrect each other.)

screenshot_220428-21-11-58.jpg

Because sometimes you can't rez yourself.

Edited by Darmian
  • Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 minutes ago, Britannic said:

How about someone from Vanguard? Could make Fusionette an Energy/Energy Sentinel.

Except she's a Blaster and personally, I wouldn't want any existing character to be changed just for the sake of a signature Sentinel character. Just have the devs come up with someone new.

• Like 1

Maybe Spark Blade could be added as a sort of dual pistols/electric armor/ninja tool sentinel, or perhaps his introduction in-game could also come along with a special pistol & sword primary, (though that sort of set only fits as a dominator secondary assault set).

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

changed just for the sake of

^ This.

All the existing NPCs either already have an archetype because sentinel didn't exist until after live ended or just read as anything but sentinel because NPCs just generally don't get many armor powers unless their attacks are mostly melee to begin with.

6 hours ago, FupDup said:

After all her experience with Mind Control gone bad, Mother Mayhem, and the events leading to her death, I could understand if she kind of gave up on it when she came back. The harder to explain part would be giving up on Force Fields.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/2/2024 at 6:09 PM, starro said:

I like the idea too.... not Sister Psyche.... stick that contact in Khalisti Wharf when that gets filled out.  Not sure about the content range level either, but who knows!  

That is an excellent idea and I have a character named Melfiss Black that can fit that role as he is a natural alignment and can work with either hero or villain. powerset Psychic blast/ Willpower sentinel.