Nova From Only

I've been looking for quite a while, for a build to do Nova Form only. All I see is either tri-form/human only. Are there any links to one? When I try to make my own in Mid's, all I can get my def/res up to is ~15%, nice mez resists, but no def for mez. ~165% bonus dmg, and ~4/sec recovery. 

If you're simply building without even using the other forms?

The main problem is that focusing on that you're cutting your own balls off.  You're limiting performance still.

Now you don't HAVE to sacrifice.  You can plan your Nova build around an almost identical build.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

We have all gone through the phase of wanting to try a Nova only form, but the damage will be pretty bad and no utility which is why you don't see any.

But it can be done and there are plenty of other challenges around like leveling a pet-less MM so it can be a thing. I'm not a Kheldian expert in any way, shape, or form (hah!) but if you post what you have I can try seeing if you missed anything obvious.

• Like 1

Human Nova would work fine for end game content. Just take Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch and slot those like you would the Dwarf melee so you still have those sets. Most builds already have a pretty well optimized Nova form so you probably wouldn't use that many of those additional slots in that. You could spread those additional slots to Weave or shields. If you plan to play the game content solo to level instead of power leveling or farming, you'll pretty much need to do Tri-Form to 50 first. Nova gets really soft by the late teen levels and you don't get any significant resistance without Dwarf until light form at 38. 

3 hours ago, PeacekeeperKara said:

Human Nova would work fine for end game content. Just take Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch and slot those like you would the Dwarf melee so you still have those sets. Most builds already have a pretty well optimized Nova form so you probably wouldn't use that many of those additional slots in that. You could spread those additional slots to Weave or shields. If you plan to play the game content solo to level instead of power leveling or farming, you'll pretty much need to do Tri-Form to 50 first. Nova gets really soft by the late teen levels and you don't get any significant resistance without Dwarf until light form at 38. 

It might FUNCTION.

But anyone running that is a load.  Akin to dragging a Level 1 blaster through a Mothership Raid...

22 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

It might FUNCTION.

But anyone running that is a load.  Akin to dragging a Level 1 blaster through a Mothership Raid...

It may not be as effective as a tri form but it's still viable for most end game content, hell Human form alone is still viable in most end game content. But I think the original poster wanted to play as Nova only, no human form involved which is more akin to playing a petless MM without the added support power pool that MM's get.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

It may not be as effective as a tri form but it's still viable for most end game content, hell Human form alone is still viable in most end game content. But I think the original poster wanted to play as Nova only, no human form involved which is more akin to playing a petless MM without the added support power pool that MM's get.

Seriously, I have a lvl 50 human-only PB and she does just fine in end game content. And she's not even fully IOd yet.

Nova-only seems like it would be really dull and boring to me. For starters you have to take other powers, you can't avoid that. And to use any kind of self buffs you need to drop out of Nova. I mean, give it a go, it can be fun to try things that are outside the box. But honestly I don't think this one is gonna have any legs, no pun intended.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Sorry, you're essentially playing an underpowered blaster and hoping your teammates will soak the aggro up before they come for you.

On 2/3/2024 at 2:18 AM, Exidus said:

Nova Form only

It's doable, but with a big caveat;  If you want to be effective, you are going to have to drop to human form periodically to apply buffs or heals, such as hasten or perhaps victory rush or other such click-powers that carry over to nova form.  If you don't, then  as @Hyperstrike pointed out, you'd basically be a less powerful blaster with far fewer powers at your disposal...

11 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Sorry, you're essentially playing an underpowered blaster and hoping your teammates will soak the aggro up before they come for you.

If you're talking about nova only then yeah, if you are human/nova bi form you are a tanky scrapper/blaster, you won't compare in damage but we outdo them in tankiness.

2 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

If you're talking about nova only then yeah, if you are human/nova bi form you are a tanky scrapper/blaster, you won't compare in damage but we outdo them in tankiness.

If someone's talking "Nova Form Only", that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

People do go through that with Kheldians. You get Nova, and suddenly you're the invincible map clearing squidlord thinking "This is the life, man!! I could do this all day!!!" ...until about level 15 when you go into a room with your tentacles blazing and all of the sudden you're faceplanted. A couple of hospital trips later you realize things can now hurt you easily. Then you either start being a lot more cautious or team your way to 20 when you can get that delicious Dwarf safety net that hits like a wet towel for the next 6 levels. Then you're just struggling to 38 to get that Light form

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

• 3 weeks later

Never leaving Nova?  Can see that happening.  i wouldnt tho

Using human form for utility clicks/travel/nuke and maybe Solar flare?  thats what i do.

I do spent a lot of my time in Nova form just to blast shit and switching to human to heal/buff/etc.

Random protip:  the tilde key ` is next to the 1 and Tab keys

/bind ` "powexecname Bright Nova"

this binds Nova form to tilde and offers quick transformations