Water Corruptor Secondary!

StriderIV

Hey all!

Coming back home after taking a bit of a break. I’ve ran Water Blast once before, pairing it with Cold Domination.

I really enjoy it as a blast set and want to give it another go! I wanted to pick some minds and see if anyone had any secondaries they feel pairs nicely/has good synergy with Water Blast?

Water/Rad seems pretty popular. Great debuffs with it’s anchors that you can lay down and blast away.

Water/Kin seems like it’d be a good time. Water has nice AOE, and Kin might help shore up some of its weaker ST dmg.

Water/Time seems pretty synergistic. I wonder if it is slow overkill though!

Water/Elec Affinity…. Might be a bit TOO busy 😂

These are some that came to mind, but I’d love to hear what you like to pair with Water Blast!

You are going to have to have a great concept or a really good build idea to stand above (or next to) cold domination on the Corr.  I just started an Ice/Dark.  Which is perfect for me, concept and playstyle wise.  But Cold Dom is more powerful.  Not even in doubt 

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

You are going to have to have a great concept or a really good build idea to stand above (or next to) cold domination on the Corr.  I just started an Ice/Dark.  Which is perfect for me, concept and playstyle wise.  But Cold Dom is more powerful.  Not even in doubt 

Haha that is true, Cold is top tier! Just thought why not give something new a whirl 🤷‍♂️ 

• Thumbs Up 1

Electric is a fantastic set, but IMO is better on Defenders for the reason you said, it's just very busy.

Have you thought about sets that don't have a self heal since you have dehydrate?

Poison, Force Field, Trick Arrow, heck, even Sonic would go well with water.

• Like 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

When recreating a long ago Ice/Poison Corruptor, I went with Poison/Water Defender.  It looks like a great combo.  I would imagine a Water/Poison Corruptor would work too.  Also all the other (de)buff powersets @Snarky and @Psyonico mentioned, which don't have heals and thus makes Water's Dehydrate a good substitute.  There's also Storm:

- Cold, Force Field, Poison, Storm, Sonic, Trick Arrow

And if you want to go with a (de)buff powerset with a heal, possibly dropping Dehydrate, there's these that aren't too busy (I think):

- Dark, Nature, Pain, Rad, Thermal, Time

Each (de)buff set has their own nuances.  Skim them all in the HC Wiki and MRB and decide which one you think fits the toon best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Corruptor Secondary Dark has a team heal centered on you that debuffs the enemy and is available at level 1.  The thing is magic. It fits a Theft of Essence PROC so it can even feed you endurance (slottable at level 7…).  Thematically it fits for my Lich.  I love almost all the Dark secondary powers except Fluffy pet.  I hate pets.  The only reason Cold is a better secondary (in my opinion) is the huge AoE debuff.  Better strategy for a league.  But for solo or small team i think (for me) Dark is better tactically and thematically 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psyonico said:

Electric is a fantastic set, but IMO is better on Defenders for the reason you said, it's just very busy.

Have you thought about sets that don't have a self heal since you have dehydrate?

Water / Trick Arrow would be a monster. 

Edit : remember Cold is getting normalized in the next Page, Sleet is being set to obey AT modifiers

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Carnifax said:

Water / Trick Arrow would be a monster. 

Did anyone know if Whirlpool scourges?  If not, I'm going to be rolling the defender version of this combo

1 minute ago, Psyonico said:

Not liking pets is one thing, @Snarky, but liking Black Hole?

i take it.  it is very extremely rarely useful.  but when some idiot pulls a spawn when the team is already screwed?  priceless.  when you are in a LGTF and cannot get to the elevator, and dieing there is a no rez situation?   again, not an every mission occurence.  huge, "oh crap" button.  

2 hours ago, Psyonico said:

This makes sense. Water/Poison or Water/FF seem cool concept wise.

16 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Damn you. I've spent 20 mins making a mids build too. Looks tasty.

But I already have 2 waters and 2 trick arrows. But it looks so fun. 

I really need to just figure out a concept for Water/Trick Arrow 😂

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Damn you. I've spent 20 mins making a mids build too. Looks tasty.

But I already have 2 waters and 2 trick arrows. But it looks so fun. 

I've got 8 or 9 TAs, what's one more?

Welcome back @StriderIV! Concept is king as always.

Some support sets I would just prefer as a Defender instead.

What I feel would be really nice on a corruptor: TA, Dark, Cold, Kin, Rad, Storm

Thematically, Water/Storm is great of course. Storm appreciates the minor self-heal present in Water, as does cold and TA. That is the only notable synergy.

Anything will work fine!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, StriderIV said:

I really need to just figure out a concept for Water/Trick Arrow 😂

My TA/Water Def... Soda Khan, with Orange, Blue, Red and Root Beer themed costumes and powers. I find him very fun to play but haven't seen many build in the forums for the combo.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:25 AM, Psyonico said:

I've got 8 or 9 TAs, what's one more?

Damn you! 

So I'm ~level 20 now with Fish Kebab after doing a couple of builds and as expected really liking them. Haven't even got the really fun Trick Arrow powers yet. 

Cheapo / getting to 50 build (no purples or the like) and a maxxed out version. I'll probably end up somewhere between the two builds once done (although I may also have my traditional Emergency Endurance Rejig in the early 30s). 

Close-enough-to-caps that Flash Arrow should floor their ToHit chances, lots of procs in various powers. All the TA tricks (even Glue Arrow which I usually skip).

Corruptor - Water - Trick Arrow_cheap.mbd Corruptor - Water - Trick Arrow.mbd

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Damn you! 

So I'm ~level 20 now with Fish Kebab after doing a couple of builds and as expected really liking them. Haven't even got the really fun Trick Arrow powers yet. 

Cheapo / getting to 50 build (no purples or the like) and a maxxed out version. I'll probably end up somewhere between the two builds once done (although I may also have my traditional Emergency Endurance Rejig in the early 30s). 

Close-enough-to-caps that Flash Arrow should floor their ToHit chances, lots of procs in various powers. All the TA tricks (even Glue Arrow which I usually skip).

Corruptor - Water - Trick Arrow_cheap.mbd 45.38 kB · 1 download Corruptor - Water - Trick Arrow.mbd 45.29 kB · 1 download

I really like that a) you made and posted both builds and b) that you're prioritizing the fix for Endurance. This is kinda sorta what I've been trying to do but since I'm only a month returned I'm still figuring a lot of it out.