Regarding: Radio Silence

Videra

Powers Devs, can we talk?

Every single open beta cycle seems to follow the same route. A new power-set is introduced, an old set is updated, what have you - and we have no idea what you actually want to do. You don't give us a straight-forward statement of intent, or explain your reasoning for making a change. I'll refer to Beanbag in Assault Rifle as an example. Players started yelling about it and relative silence ensued - until eventually discussion of aim being replaced with Beanbag was deemed 'off-topic'.

The same exact thing repeated with Arsenal Control. The set was dropped, feedback was given - and feedback was, broadly speaking, ignored. A staunch stance on not swapping powers was taken and then you completely altered the functionality of multiple powers. I'm not going to get into the whole 'Wet' week. I'll happily give you credit for taking a lot of Shin's ideas for Arsenal Control in build four, of course - that was good.

But that's the crux of what I'm reaching out about. Twenty two pages of feedback to a handful of developer responses. That on its own has been immensely frustrating, the complete radio silence between patches only compounds on that. Everyone giving feedback is passionate about your game, none of us are dunking on your work without basis.

So please, start a dialogue with us, give us statements of intent - actually communicate. The knowledgeable people in your community want to work with you to make sure sets, power changes, and major reworks are both strong and flavorful. Nobody wants to feel like they're yelling at an impenetrable wall, and in turn, I can't imagine any of you like feeling like we're dumping on your work.

Communicate with us, please. Let's not have another Beanbag Week or 'What is Wet?' week. It'll be easier for everyone involved.

Edited by Videra
  • Thumbs Up 9