What happens to existing IO sets in altered powers?

The IOs are not removed and continue to do whatever it says in the can. One dev said the bonuses remain active, but we did get a player who tested that and reported that they did not.

Makes sense to respec tbh, it's just 5 minutes.

• Like 2

I used to keep a screen capture of this....but it was on a long since expired computer.

Hasten used to take Defense DO/SO

I had stepped away for about and missed an update where they changed Hasten to just taking Recharge.

When I returned, there was Defense SO still in Hasten...but did nothing.

It did not even register.

Edited by JasperStone
  • Thumbs Up 2

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

When I returned, there was Defense SO still in Hasten...but did nothing.

It did not even register.

Nonsense!  It was furiously multiplying zero by 1.33. 🤪

Which is how I assume this will work.  Your enhancements will stay slotted but if they are enhancing effects no longer found in the power they will effectively do nothing.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 2

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

The IOs are not removed and continue to do whatever it says in the can. One dev said the bonuses remain active, but we did get a player who tested that and reported that they did not.

Makes sense to respec tbh, it's just 5 minutes.

Yep. That was me. Set bonuses definitely stopped working, my stats (melee Def) dropped by exactly the bonus Oblit gives when 6 slotted

Didn't test if the enhancement values stuck. They should though.

In my case I won't need to respec, just burn a few unslotters and replace the set being used (mostly cos I'm lazy). 

• Thumbs Up 2

Note I triple checked this yesterday again, this time checking the Enhancement values. The Set Bonuses don't work. The Enhancement values do. So my Oblit was boosting damage of the power etc but my beloved 3.75% melee defence was missing (along with the other set bonuses). 

Planning to replace either with a full Artillery set or 3 procs and 3 Artillery / 3 Hami-Os. 

• Like 1

I still have at least one character who has an enhancement in a slot that isn't supposed to be slotted there. Nothing happens to the enhancement. I can't log in at the moment to see if the boost/benefit still carries over. I generally dislike doing a respec. When they ruined Rune of Protection for me, (yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear ya) the characters with Rune - I haven't logged those characters back in to respec them. There are so many slots, and rather than try to adjust a character who was already "complete", it's easier for me to just start another character. 

I have yet to take the pool that offers Rune of Protection since, by the way. Maybe I should take another look at it. But probably not for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Perfidy said:

I still have at least one character who has an enhancement in a slot that isn't supposed to be slotted there. Nothing happens to the enhancement. I can't log in at the moment to see if the boost/benefit still carries over. I generally dislike doing a respec. When they ruined Rune of Protection for me, (yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear ya) the characters with Rune - I haven't logged those characters back in to respec them. There are so many slots, and rather than try to adjust a character who was already "complete", it's easier for me to just start another character. 

I have yet to take the pool that offers Rune of Protection since, by the way. Maybe I should take another look at it. But probably not for a while. 

I use Rune on my resist heavy Brutes and Tanks like Dark Armor and sometimes Invul.

Since (for me after Aeon discussions) learning Resistance is in fact "Resistance value debuff resistance"  awkward and simplistic both.  Whereas Defense gets Def Debuff Resistance thru various powers...Resistance just is it's own res debuff res.  And that means if you go PAST hard cap to 100% your resistance cannot be debuffed.  Except it is CoH and there are just a tiny tiny number of enemies who have unresistable resistance debuff.  One is an odd Longbow Warden you meet randomly 1/1000 times.  LB Wardens are odd.  

But basically in fights where people are slinging res debuffs (hey Brickers!) you pop Rune to shore up what you got from the coming storm. Or eat an Orange.  And if you run Res heavy armors monitor those values friends.  They do not clean the floors in Paragon.