City Mod Installer (Released)

So, I've been meaning to check in and give some gratitude and appreciation. 

Original Author: Vayek Changes the sound files for demon summoning to humorous kitten sounds.

Repackaged by Westley Bennett

Many thanks to both of you for allowing me to keep from screaming at MMs with their horrible pets making all that noise. The kitten sounds are so much better, and it kind of tickles me a bit when I hear them. 

And thanks for putting the Modder together and making it so easy to use! 

On 2/20/2024 at 1:33 PM, Tonio said:

Running this on Linux via wine, works great, but I'm not seeing the text of the installed mods (bottom left pane).  They're there, but it looks like the text is white-on-white, or the characters aren't rendering, or something.

coh-modder.png

Wish I could get it to run under Wine. Like, at all. Luckily, with a little snooping and searching, and reference back to my actual Windows install of Homecoming where City Mod Installer works fine, it's not hard to figure out how to manually install the .pigg files and set up the HC launcher to load them. Still, I'm not going to give up on getting it to work in Wine on my system. I knew Linux was going to require stretching my brain from the start.

• City Council
20 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

Wish I could get it to run under Wine. Like, at all. Luckily, with a little snooping and searching, and reference back to my actual Windows install of Homecoming where City Mod Installer works fine, it's not hard to figure out how to manually install the .pigg files and set up the HC launcher to load them. Still, I'm not going to give up on getting it to work in Wine on my system. I knew Linux was going to require stretching my brain from the start.

What issues are you having on Linux?

I would like to request 2 mods.

1.  Change the taut audio, something like "na-na-na" or "hey you".

2. Colorize the plaques to make them stand out more, and maybe even have different colors for each "history" plaque group.

22 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

Runs great under PopOS' version of Ubuntu.   I don't think I had to do anything extra to get it to run.   I do start it via a shell command

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Games/CohMod/CoHModdingTool.exe > ~/down/cmod.log 2> ~/down/cmod.err &

I do note it doesn't list the mods if All is selected, but any catagory will populate properly

• City Council
15 minutes ago, lemming said:

Runs great under PopOS' version of Ubuntu.   I don't think I had to do anything extra to get it to run.   I do start it via a shell command

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Games/CohMod/CoHModdingTool.exe > ~/down/cmod.log 2> ~/down/cmod.err &

I do note it doesn't list the mods if All is selected, but any catagory will populate properly

The only issue I'm currently dealing with is that Wine can't correctly find Gecko so the mod details area is blank, it *was* working so it's something I've broken in my Linux install.

I did have to enable multiarch on Xubuntu, and specifically install 32bit wine, then use winetricks to install dotnet48.

I don't do a ton of Desktop linux, most of my linux experience is gui-less servers.

Overstated the blank.   Initial view shows blank, but if I just look at a category then back to All, it shows them.

It's been over a year since I did the install and it was easy compared to getting Mids working.

citymod.jpg

3 hours ago, johng99 said:

Colorize the plaques to make them stand out more, and maybe even have different colors for each "history" plaque group.

I thought about doing a high vis colour actually but I'm working on other things and a lot of the time when changing colours they lose some definition. Unfortunately the second part of that wont work because there are only 5 textures for plaques with two variations in each texture. Two files for the City (weathered green), two files for Cemeteries (weathered gold), and one for Preatoria (bright gold)

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

12 hours ago, lemming said:

It couldn't find wine-mono. Winetricks eventually did the job. 

I've added an overhaul of the Animal Fur and Reptilian textures, based on the pack in this post: 

It's titled Animal Fur and Reptilian Texture Overhaul, and having tested it with the City Mod Installer, it all seems functional.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, while checking to see if the badgeset popmenu had been updated, I noticed "ape face" was an add-on. If downloaded, is this an option to add, or will it make all my characters have an ape face? I'm sure that's a stupid question, but I'm prone to be obtuse. 

And, Halloween is around the corner. How does the Halloween Event map go with the Vidiot Maps pack? Does it replace it, or just add to it? Thanks!

Edited by Ukase

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, while checking to see if the badgeset popmenu had been updated, I noticed "ape face" was an add-on. If downloaded, is this an option to add, or will it make all my characters have an ape face? I'm sure that's a stupid question, but I'm prone to be obtuse. 

And, Halloween is around the corner. How does the Halloween Event map go with the Vidiot Maps pack? Does it replace it, or just add to it? Thanks!

It replaces the alien face so will only affect any characters with that face. Texture replacements like that are (for the player with the mod only) global.

• City Council
3 hours ago, Ukase said:

You just install the Halloween Event map on top of the base Vidiot Maps in the installer, it's going to tell you there are a bunch of conflicts, but you can ignore those, any zones without matching GM event maps will be the normal Vidiot maps, and zones with GM maps will show those instead.  Once the event is over (or you want to switch back) just uninstall the Halloween mod and you're done.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/15/2024 at 12:09 AM, lemming said:

Overstated the blank.   Initial view shows blank, but if I just look at a category then back to All, it shows them.

It's been over a year since I did the install and it was easy compared to getting Mids working.

Not just you, I'm getting this as well.  >.<

image.png.acc25d44a6bc750be1d5efe9b9b6dd62.png

Apparently I am just too stupid to do this. I used to have vidiotmaps, but then got a new PC and when trying to reinstall... I just get errors. I give up. I wish it was like old vidiotmaps where you just downloaded and installed. Does anyone know of an easier way to get this program installed? The mod program can't even find my cityofheroes.exe or recognize my HC launcher. Sigh. Beyond frustrated at this point. 

• City Council
38 minutes ago, Burnt Toast said:

Apparently I am just too stupid to do this. I used to have vidiotmaps, but then got a new PC and when trying to reinstall... I just get errors. I give up. I wish it was like old vidiotmaps where you just downloaded and installed. Does anyone know of an easier way to get this program installed? The mod program can't even find my cityofheroes.exe or recognize my HC launcher. Sigh. Beyond frustrated at this point. 

Open your HCLauncher, click the Gear icon on the top left, and confirm the installation path:
image.png.c2ff2d6d37964718bc1e941b6749f85d.png

When you launch the mod installer, make sure you're setting the Game Path to exactly that path, no subfolders:
image.png.4e52db91b936b6ca5ea918356929d6d2.png

Once you've done that, close HC Launcher, and make sure to click Add to Launcher -> HC Launcher in the tool bar in the Mod Installer.

Failing that, if you can click the "Tools" section in the toolbar, click "Send support bundle", and when it asks for your name use your forum name so I can find it.

If you 100% don't want to bother there are manual install instructions in the Vidiot Maps thread, but it's really suggested to use the mod installer for easier updates.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, Michiyo said:

You just install the Halloween Event map on top of the base Vidiot Maps in the installer, it's going to tell you there are a bunch of conflicts, but you can ignore those, any zones without matching GM event maps will be the normal Vidiot maps, and zones with GM maps will show those instead.  Once the event is over (or you want to switch back) just uninstall the Halloween mod and you're done.

This is probably a user error or something. Not sure. 

First, I installed the Halloween GM add-on. When I tried to start the game, I got a message saying I couldn't because of some error, and I saw the word Halloween in it, so I figured it was the add-on. I re-opened City modder, uninstalled it and was able to play. 

Now, despite the halloween add-on being uninstalled, it's there. And I can't see the badge locations anymore. 

image.png.c27d7817e27d8ed20e0b333d10224ec0.png

I wish I'd saved the error panes that popped up, but I was in a hurry trying to log a character in to help someone out. 
Since I've never seen it before, I assume this is the halloween event overlay for Atlas? 

I dunno. I guess I'll uninstall vidiotmaps and then reinstall it. 

• City Council

Before you do that could you please send a support bundle via the installer following the same instructions in the post above yours?

2 minutes ago, Ukase said:

This is probably a user error or something. Not sure. 

First, I installed the Halloween GM add-on. When I tried to start the game, I got a message saying I couldn't because of some error, and I saw the word Halloween in it, so I figured it was the add-on. I re-opened City modder, uninstalled it and was able to play. 

Now, despite the halloween add-on being uninstalled, it's there. And I can't see the badge locations anymore. 

image.png.c27d7817e27d8ed20e0b333d10224ec0.png

I wish I'd saved the error panes that popped up, but I was in a hurry trying to log a character in to help someone out. 
Since I've never seen it before, I assume this is the halloween event overlay for Atlas? 

I dunno. I guess I'll uninstall vidiotmaps and then reinstall it. 

Sent - but noticed that despite my saying I'd uninstalled the Halloween Event map, it wasn't uninstalled. Which probably explains a lot. I re-tried and it seems to have uninstalled. Map is still borked, but I think I can fix that with the vidiots reinstall

And, strangely enough - when I reopened the modder to redo vidiotmaps, the modder shows it still being installed. 

So, retried the uninstall, clicked refresh, and that seems to have done the trick. Everything is back to normal. 

I DO appreciate your attention, and your time and your efforts. I thank you profusely. I'm sure it's probably some kind of USER error on my side. 

Edited by Ukase

I have a new computer so a fresh install of CoH using the new Launcher and that works great, I installed the City Mod Installer and it says the mod "Vidiotmaps for Homecoming" mod in installed. The Extra launch parameters are in the settings -assetpath assets\mods and the hc_vidiotmaps.pigg file is in the C:\Games\Homecoming\assets\mods directory but when I'm in game I don't see any of the exploration badges on the map? Did I miss something?

image.thumb.png.8fff27098071dda168c24850c1230d96.png

• City Council

In the Mod Installer, select Tools -> Upload Support Bundle, enter your forum username when it prompts.  Also switch to general settings in the HCLauncher, and make 100% sure the path is "C:\Games\Homecoming", in the Install path, every time this has come up the path is different between the launcher and the installer.

• City Council
4 hours ago, Solok said:

That did the trick (selecting Upload Support Bundle and putting in forum username), thanks Michiyo !!!

I'm really confused how that step would have solved anything, but glad it's working now.

• 2 weeks later

Is there a mod or is it possible to have it show the NPC health as a percentage on a bar? or have the health bar broken up into segments?

Like show when the npc is at 75, 50, 25 health...

Ebon Sapphire & Blackjack Biggles on Reunion