City Mod Installer (Released)

• City Council
Just now, Echo Night said:

Hrmm. Something is wrong. After Echo: Galaxy City, E:DA, Talos and now Atlas don't have any of the markers.

In the mod installer click Tools, then Upload Support Bundle, enter your forum username, and I'll take a look.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

Done.

You have the Halloween and Winter map packs installed as well, try uninstalling those and see if it makes any difference?

• Thanks 1

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

Uninstalled the Halloween pack, but I can't scroll past Symphony Control Sound Mod to uninstall the Winter Pack.

The installed mod list should have a scroll bar, does it not?

12 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

You have the Halloween and Winter map packs installed as well, try uninstalling those and see if it makes any difference?

This appears to have done it. I'm in Talos and can see the markers now. Thank you :)

• City Council

Not sure why you couldn't scroll down in the installed mods list, I'll see if I can reproduce it.  You have a number of mods installed, but not enough to cause issues I wouldn't think.

Glad you were able to resolve it though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lorak_Vanadius said:

Hello,

tried to run the mod installed but returns me this error

image.png.8587881898110e7d4cc782e278e194c4.png

Problem is the path is right, i copyied it form the HC installare to be sure. Can you hel plz?

so, in the end the modder started (it took 20 secs to open) but now this is what i see and it will not allow me to install mods 😞

am i doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.4a8eff314ee551dc2a57efdb924e5ecd.png

27 minutes ago, Lorak_Vanadius said:

so, in the end the modder started (it took 20 secs to open) but now this is what i see and it will not allow me to install mods 😞

am i doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.4a8eff314ee551dc2a57efdb924e5ecd.png

Sorry to keep bugging you. After a few tries I made some progress and this is what I see now. the problem is that, for example, I would say that vidiotmaps does not work ingame

image.thumb.png.27e8c8ecd9862129d9fe01a7a6154fc5.png

8 minutes ago, Lorak_Vanadius said:

Sorry to keep bugging you. After a few tries I made some progress and this is what I see now. the problem is that, for example, I would say that vidiotmaps does not work ingame

(Image removed for brevity)

Did you click "Add To Launcher" before launching the game? That installs the files, I believe, just putting them in the Install list only makes them ready to install.

48 minutes ago, OmegaX123 said:

Did you click "Add To Launcher" before launching the game? That installs the files, I believe, just putting them in the Install list only makes them ready to install.

odd, i've done that a first time, but now it tells me this

image.png.4cb72a054673e2386765bc0d63bbdc83.png

• City Council
1 minute ago, Lorak_Vanadius said:

the old way alway works, uninstall and reinstall both game and modder and now it seems to be working.

i have now this error

image.png.2f8b3b7fba4e127a3d8692e913751b06.png

The mod that causes this error is disabled in the installer, I have no idea how you've managed to install it... but remove the 5th column texture mod.  I'd also appreciate it if you could send a support bundle, under tools. user your forum username so I can find you easier.

1 hour ago, Michiyo said:

The mod that causes this error is disabled in the installer, I have no idea how you've managed to install it... but remove the 5th column texture mod.  I'd also appreciate it if you could send a support bundle, under tools. user your forum username so I can find you easier.

ty, will do.

now it all works properly

On 1/16/2024 at 7:13 AM, Lorak_Vanadius said:

Hello,

tried to run the mod installed but returns me this error

image.png.8587881898110e7d4cc782e278e194c4.png

Problem is the path is right, i copyied it form the HC installare to be sure. Can you hel plz?

I'm getting this issue too... what did you do to fix your issues?

• City Council
Just now, Mizrach said:

I'm getting this issue too... what did you do to fix your issues?

What path are you putting in when you launch the installer?  This should be the root of your Homecoming install, the default is c:\games\Homecoming, but may be different if you installed to a different location.

Just now, Michiyo said:

What path are you putting in when you launch the installer?  This should be the root of your Homecoming install, the default is c:\games\Homecoming, but may be different if you installed to a different location.

E:\Games\Homecoming

closed again, re-added path and seems to be working now? perhaps just a hiccup in the matrix, trying to install mods with it now.

• City Council
Just now, Mizrach said:

E:\Games\Homecoming

closed again, re-added path and seems to be working now? perhaps just a hiccup in the matrix, trying to install mods with it now.

Nice, just don't forget to do "Add to Launcher" and select the launcher you use to launch the game, mods won't work without the modified asset path that adds.  Enjoy!

I cannot seem to get the trippy music theme working when I did before, also the gold paro them for menus and leveling and more that is not working as well, I also tried some other themes for menus and its still blue but all the other mods work fine any thoughts? Thank you, and as a reminder all these worked a week ago for me.

1 hour ago, captainstar said:

Can anyone here teach me the main steps?

This thread likely has most of what you need to learn to swap sounds in the game:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3155-silencingmodifying-specific-game-sounds/