City Mod Installer (Released)

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

This thread likely has most of what you need to learn to swap sounds in the game:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3155-silencingmodifying-specific-game-sounds/

Thanks Above, I was looking for the taunt sounds for the male and female characters in the game. But I only found the female characters on that list. The "FemTaunt10" and the "FemTaunt2"

These are the only ones I've changed in my game. Possibly what you're looking for.

Data/Sound/Ogg/Player/MaleTaunt2.ogg

Data/Sound/Ogg/Player/MaleTaunt4.ogg

Data/Sound/Ogg/Powers/taunt1.ogg

Data/Sound/Ogg/Powers/Taunt3.ogg

Data/Sound/Ogg/Powers/taunt4.ogg

On 8/29/2023 at 4:08 PM, warlyx said:

any symph control mod? its get annoying after a while 😞

A little late, but I just submitted a Silent Symphony mod.  I've got a buddy that gets a headache from the default sounds so our group hasn't been playing any Symphony characters.  I already had a silent sound file for the Arctic Air/Ice Sword loop, so I repurposed it for the entire Symphony suite.  This will, of course, cause the enemy versions to also be silent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cyclone Jack said:

A little late, but I just submitted a Silent Symphony mod.  I've got a buddy that gets a headache from the default sounds so our group hasn't been playing any Symphony characters.  I already had a silent sound file for the Arctic Air/Ice Sword loop, so I repurposed it for the entire Symphony suite.  This will, of course, cause the enemy versions to also be silent.

thanks !

I am hoping someone can help me with installing Vidiotmaps. I am including a couple screenshots to show what I am seeing. 

image.thumb.png.d57b37e1022ae49ebb7904b7aaed0970.png

I am attempting to install Vidiotmaps. I am trying to show the installer where the launcher is but the launcher is not showing. The top right window is where it is showing when I look at my computer, the bottom right window is showing the options I get when I try to show the installer ( on the left ) where the launcher is. 

How do I get the installer to "see" where the launcher is? 

Thank you for any help you can give me.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Aristoi said:

I am hoping someone can help me with installing Vidiotmaps. I am including a couple screenshots to show what I am seeing. 

image.thumb.png.d57b37e1022ae49ebb7904b7aaed0970.png

I am attempting to install Vidiotmaps. I am trying to show the installer where the launcher is but the launcher is not showing. The top right window is where it is showing when I look at my computer, the bottom right window is showing the options I get when I try to show the installer ( on the left ) where the launcher is. 

How do I get the installer to "see" where the launcher is? 

The "Game Path" is the BASE directory of the install, not where the game executable is.

I'm guessing no one else has let you know Michiyo.  Your Enhancement Standardization Pack has a small bug in it.  The defense and resist buff enhancements have the icons on them messed up.  Defense shows both of the icons and resist shows no icons.

• City Council
Just now, Twitchy McNutz said:

I'm guessing no one else has let you know Michiyo.  Your Enhancement Standardization Pack has a small bug in it.  The defense and resist buff enhancements have the icons on them messed up.  Defense shows both of the icons and resist shows no icons.

The pack is exactly as it was on Live, back then both Defense and Resist used the same icon.  I've not updated it for the change that happened before Homecoming.

• City Council
On 1/28/2024 at 1:07 PM, JoeMage said:

I keep getting "unhandled exception" error anytime I try to add mods.  What am I doing wrong?

Please use Tools -> Upload Support Bundle and use your Forum name in the dialog that pops up.  Though I'd put money on a permissions issue.

9 minutes ago, Zizzy said:

in what order should you install maps due to conflicts with Vidotmaps for Homecoming?

Install order does not matter. The game reads the piggs alphabetically, so it is based on how I named the files. I set my map mods up so that the draw order is (from first to last):

1. vidiotmaps (100+ maps)
  2. optimal path maps (49 maps)
  3. halloween maps (37 maps)
  4. winter maps (25 maps)

Maps further down that list will overwrite those in the list above them. So the optimal paths maps will overwrite vidiotmaps, but only for those 49 maps contained in the optimal paths map mod. That way vidiotmaps will always be the 'base' set of maps and users can install/uninstall the other mods as needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you all for your help earlier. I appreciate it. I finally figured out how to install the mods. I get a notice that they are successfully installed.

However, when I log into the game, I can find no evidence they have loaded. Do I need to something to "turn them on"?

49 minutes ago, Aristoi said:

Thank you all for your help earlier. I appreciate it. I finally figured out how to install the mods. I get a notice that they are successfully installed.

However, when I log into the game, I can find no evidence they have loaded. Do I need to something to "turn them on"?

Make sure you set an assetpath in settings for launch

assetpath.jpg

Running this on Linux via wine, works great, but I'm not seeing the text of the installed mods (bottom left pane).  They're there, but it looks like the text is white-on-white, or the characters aren't rendering, or something.

coh-modder.png

Quick question.  I just updated the mod program but when it loads I no longer see the mods I have installed.  It only shows new mods that I just installed.  Am I missing something here?  I have a couple of the mods I want to uninstall, but can't do that because they are no longer listed.

Thanks for the help and the awesome program!

Beave

I'm seeing where the modder installed the latest popmenu pigg file in my system. My launcher is showing the identical settings as displayed at the top of the thread. Yet, my pop menu is the same as it ever was. Do I need to remove/delete the old pop menu? 

• City Council
Just now, ElDestructo said:

Is there any way to just get the .pigg file?  I'm on a mac, I have it working and I was hoping just to replace the old .pigg file with the new one.  I I dont remember how I was able to get it installed last time 🙂

Just click the "Manual Download: Install" link to download the pigg directly.

• Like 1

Trying to update my maps using City Mod Installer.

This is the error message I get when I try to update.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Games\Homecoming\assets\mods\' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at CoHModdingTool.CoHModderMainForm.uninstallBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CoHModdingTool
    Assembly Version: 1.1.8802.29288
    Win32 Version: 1.1.8802.29288
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/joshb/Downloads/CityModInstaller/CoHModdingTool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9220.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9220.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9214.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.116.0
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9214.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
BetterFolderBrowser
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.