Sally & Other Aquatic Mini-Pets

So... love the mini-pets... and love me some Sally!  Glad she was the first random recipe drop I got from cashing in the monster aethers!

I also love that we give her a floating spere of water to survive in while she follows us!  Aren't we nice?!  🙂  

However, can we make the water cleaner and clearer for her and less murky?  I am sure she would love to show off her beautiful slender body.  Right now, she just looks like a steel ball that has wings and a snake popping out.  😄  

I am sure Lusca mini-pet (maybe others too - I do not know) that would love to show off their bods in clearer water too?

image.jpeg.205a83171634a3d86fe10a042484d0b0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Well, at least Sally could use some clearer water.  😛  

But the murk is her friend!  She's survived all these years by being a mystery, perhaps an engima, maybe even a hoax!  Leave the woman some decency for cryin' out loud!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

They should put Lusca in that "cement overshoes" bucket that the Family uses on Mooks, replace the concrete texture with a water texture and let it hop after you.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But the murk is her friend!  She's survived all these years by being a mystery, perhaps an engima, maybe even a hoax!  Leave the woman some decency for cryin' out loud!

But the sphere of water doesn't even look like water - it looks like a steel/metal ball with a snakehead poking out.  This doesn't even begin to look like what she is supposed to.  This is the only mini-pet I wanted for any of toons, but this is just a disappointment because you can't see her.  The water can be a little murky if you have to for "thematic" reasons - just not so opaque that we can't see her underneath.  We all love Sally and want to celebrate HER - not a snake or worm head sticking out of a metal "apple."  😛  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I am sure she would love to show off her beautiful slender body. 

Tell me you write Sally slashfics without saying you write Sally slashfics XD (also, say that sentence 5 times fast)

Jk, but yeah, there's no "body", the Sally we see in game is literally just the head and neck; the flippers were added to the mini pet because the devs thought it looked cute. Guess it was easier than rigging an entire body? Idk.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Tell me you write Sally slashfics without saying you write Sally slashfics XD (also, say that sentence 5 times fast)

"It had been decades since Sally left Croatoa.  But she misses her best friend, her most cherished love.  Through the deep dark underground tunnel that feeds the lake she calls home, Sally makes her way to the ocean and swims across the Atlantic.  Arriving in Loch Ness, she meets her long lost love and soulmate, Nessie...." 

... JK!!  🤣🤣🤣

40 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Jk, but yeah, there's no "body", the Sally we see in game is literally just the head and neck; the flippers were added to the mini pet because the devs thought it looked cute. Guess it was easier than rigging an entire body? Idk.

I would have swore I saw an outline of her body through the murk of the water.  I just checked again and zoomed in really close - nope, I was wrong - it was an optical illusion (I guess that's a good thing?).  I know the Sally in Croatoa is just the neck and head, but I thought the mini-pet at least had a body (like what i thought I saw).  

Oh well.  If there is no body underneath like I thought, then making the water clearer to see her isn't just an ask for 1 thing and is more complicated than I thought.  

Edited by Frozen Burn
To add the funny at the beginning.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Sally does actually have a body. You can see her body, flippers, and tail every time she dives. (And when she died, which I don't think she can do any more, you can see her belly as she floats belly up.)

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Sally does actually have a body. You can see her body, flippers, and tail every time she dives. (And when she died, which I don't think she can do any more, you can see her belly as she floats belly up.)

See....  i THOUGHT she had a body and now reading you stating this, I am kind of remembering all of this from back on live ages ago too.  I've only defeated her a couple times since Homecoming launched, but fully accept that i could be misremembering. 

However, just logged in and got lucky and found her!!  I can confirm, when she dives, she does NOT currently show a body, flippers, or tail.  This is all you see before she disappears - the bottom of her neck.... (Sorry I'm not tech-savvy enough to do a video.)

image.thumb.jpeg.1bd6f8364487daf94d1787cfa93f339c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25e1e03343bbe68bd5733c7a604364ed.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7a16941ffaf74827e5ce1cd2ef8871a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6671eb8bc1d616001b18ae5ec59d671d.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

See....  i THOUGHT she had a body and now reading you stating this, I am kind of remembering all of this from back on live ages ago too.  I've only defeated her a couple times since Homecoming launched, but fully accept that i could be misremembering. 

However, just logged in and got lucky and found her!!  I can confirm, when she dives, she does NOT currently show a body, flippers, or tail.  This is all you see before she disappears - the bottom of her neck.... (Sorry I'm not tech-savvy enough to do a video.)

image.thumb.jpeg.1bd6f8364487daf94d1787cfa93f339c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25e1e03343bbe68bd5733c7a604364ed.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7a16941ffaf74827e5ce1cd2ef8871a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6671eb8bc1d616001b18ae5ec59d671d.jpeg

Swim next to her. They stay in the water. The times when I've swum with Sally and someone came over and smacked her causing her to dive, I could briefly see flippers and tail as she dove. (Edit: Also, that lump you see in the bottom 2 pictures as she is diving? That is her body. Not her neck. You can tell from the 2nd picture because you can see where her neck attaches to her body as she starts her dive.)

Edited by Rudra

• 4 weeks later

So, had my Sally pet out today and noticed when backdropped by a bright light source, you can see through the water.... 

image.jpeg.67164b0c89c5db6d05752f4604af1e67.jpeg  image.jpeg.78d9e1cf8cc1acf57d498340c8e267d1.jpeg

So.... proof she DOES have a body to those that think she doesn't.  And thus, back to my original request.... is it possible to use clear water instead of the murky water so we can see her in all her beautiful glory?   🙂  

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 12:09 PM, Frozen Burn said:

Where is this spot located? I never been there, although that may be because I'm such an avid redsider..

22 minutes ago, Snowbunny said:

Where is this spot located? I never been there, although that may be because I'm such an avid redsider..

The spot being shown seems to be the south island of the lake in Croatoa. Sally swims a figure eight (sort of) in that lake.

1 hour ago, Snowbunny said:

As Rudra stated, this is in Croatoa, a hero-side zone.  Sally swims all over the entire lake.  It's a neat "Sleepy Hollow'ish" zone and the story arcs (lvl 23+) are quite magical.  (Pun intended.)  😄  

On 2/27/2024 at 12:52 PM, Rudra said:

Pretty sure Lusca doesn't actually have a generated body.

And in a freak spawn where Sally was on the shore of the island where War Witch is located, but moved back into the water before I could grab a screenshot, neither does Sally; she's just a blob with a neck and head -- no fins or tail.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And in a freak spawn where Sally was on the shore of the island where War Witch is located, but moved back into the water before I could grab a screenshot, neither does Sally; she's just a blob with a neck and head -- no fins or tail.

I don't know. She may have been clipped into the ground for having swum through the land. Every time I witness her dive, she has flippers, tail, and body. And in @Frozen Burn's post 5 up, you can see it.