Benefits for being veteran levels...suggestion

I know any dreams we have of further incarnate powers are probably never going to be realized.  

As I have played many, many alts I have found there are smaller things that could be incredibly useful.  So here is my suggestion.

At Vet levels, lets pick 10, 50, and 100.  Of course those are placeholders, but it is line with my thinking.  At these Vet levels Players choose one pool power, and it has to be from a pool they have not picked from.  It will probably be best to restrict to the 1st powers in the group available when you have no powers from that group.  The power cannot be added slots to in Respec. if the game allows maybe have the one slot, a sly way to add winters gift or that one more +4KB prot to get to 20 lol.   If not, have the power given the equivalent of a hami +%/+% for acc/range, or whatever it does as a baked in bonus.  

This will give players a wider range of powers, none terribly powerful, yet probably great for utility.  a TP other?  A leadership toggle they never could fit in?  A provoke?  These powers will only work in 45+ content.  They are awarded at level 50, er +.  

i find these powers are like the trim in a higher level auto.  Not necessary or useful in the basic functioning of a car.  But danged,... A/C, power windows, radar detectors.. (shhh...) are all really nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Maybe add special temp powers one can buy with tons of threads or shards, instead?

i dislike temps lol.  and since it is my suggestion....

of course its just something thrown out to the HC Staff, which I very rarely do.  But it has been burbling in my head forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back on live, a Veteran Rewards program existed from I8 to I21. It was based on months of play rather than veteran levels, but it awarded badges, access to costume pieces and prestige powers. (It was replaced with the Paragon Rewards program, which awarded tokens that could be redeemed for similar items.) HC has made all the previous prestige powers freely available from the START vendors, but maybe a similar system could work for veteran level awards. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

@Snarky

this is a great idea!

I'm not too sure about using the normal power pool powers though

some of them are so powerful that some folks specifically choose that power pool for that power

combat jumping, stealth & hasten

for various reasons these 3 powers are incredibly powerful even with one slot

your suggestion would allow folks to respec into other pools knowing eventually they will get the mules they need

this in theory would significantly increase folks combat capability

ie power creep

That doesn't mean the idea is bad 

we could limit the extra power to travel powers only

or perhaps a second epic power pool choice

or maybe slots for inherent powers ONLY

cause who doesn't wanna 6 slot brawl? 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

@Snarky

this is a great idea!

I'm not too sure about using the normal power pool powers though

some of them are so powerful that some folks specifically choose that power pool for that power

combat jumping, stealth & hasten

for various reasons these 3 powers are incredibly powerful even with one slot

your suggestion would allow folks to respec into other pools knowing eventually they will get the mules they need

this in theory would significantly increase folks combat capability

ie power creep

That doesn't mean the idea is bad 

we could limit the extra power to travel powers only

or perhaps a second epic power pool choice

or maybe slots for inherent powers ONLY

cause who doesn't wanna 6 slot brawl? 

adding anything, with the clever folks that play, is power creep.  I like the idea, but I love more power.  The "soft" version being to "bake in" the equivalent of a multi enhancer that enhances all attributes the power does... acc, dam, range, whatever.  Then not have any enhancer slots.  Just know it works okay, and you have 1 more powah.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Sorry snarkster, I know you don’t visit this subforum much, but this is what they call a non-starter.

I figured.  But if they do not want suggestions....

People have learned not to say around me, "Does anyone have anything to add?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the idea here, that a veteran character would start to accumulate a kind of "odd job" kit that they use to round out their powers.

Instead of selecting from the pools though, perhaps have it grant one, two, and finally three permanent Day Job powers?  These may or may not be improved slightly (like the Veteran Rez restores 1/3 HP instead of the normal Day Job's 1/4), to signifiy practice using said kit.

• Like 4