3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Knockback

end drain/-recovery

-speed and -recharge

def debuff resist

tohit debuff resist

regen debuff resist

i dont know if resisting -perception is a thing

Knockback is already covered with breakfrees.

If anything other inspirations than orange ones would probably fit most of those better (give blues a short duration end drain resistance, greens for -regen, yellows for tohit debuff and perception resist).  Only one that might fit orange is the slow res?

Not that I'm for any of that, just saying in theory.

I can however understand the idea that oranges feel underpowered, but imo that is more just because I think purples are a bit overpowered.

Yes please.  Oranges are badly underpowered vs. their purple counterparts, and resisting debuffs is a nice, thematic way to help equalize that (since purples help you simply avoid the debuff instead).

Honestly I wouldn't complain if oranges helped resist all debuffs, and other inspirations helped resist their specific, themed debuffs.  For example, oranges and blues resist endurance & recovery drain effects, though blues resist those debuffs more (since blues would only help with those 2 debuffs, instead of several)

• Like 2

This just sounds like more power creep to me, I don't think it's needed.  If we were free of those effects, we might as well be fighting marshmallows.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

This just sounds like more power creep to me, I don't think it's needed.  If we were free of those effects, we might as well be fighting marshmallows.

We haven't even talked about evening out the massive difference in effective damage reduction between oranges & purples... but since this could lead to the evil known as "Power Creep":

I'd be ok with crippling Lucks to bring them down to match oranges' effective damage  reduction (making purples worth 5%/7.5%/10% defence, about a third of their current values), if orange inspirations get this change.  We'd probably be better off finding a happy medium between those values and existing values, but currently? Orange inspirations are so much weaker than their counterparts that it's almost funny, in one of those twisted "it's so bad it's good" moments. There's a reason many players consider them trash.  (And again, a big reason I agree with this suggestion is because it would allow for the symmetry of resisting a debuff by 10% instead of simply avoiding the debuff 10% of the time, as purples currently do.)

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Since the "breakfrees already deal with KB" was covered - this would be yellows.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You can craft empowerment buffs in your SG base to resist -end, -speed and -recharge.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Empowerment_Station

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Greycat said:
21 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Since the "breakfrees already deal with KB" was covered - this would be yellows.

Yellows already grant +Perception. So they in effect already do the same thing.

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

Yellows already grant +Perception. So they in effect already do the same thing.

... which would be why I mentioned it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.