Psy Blast or Sigh Blast?

I was looking for the current state of psychic blast for either a blaster or corrupter and the only "how good is it" talk I could find is from 2019.

What is it's current state?

Better on blaster or corrupter?

Best pairings?

I am leaning a little towards blaster to get non psychic attacks from the secondary like martial or ninja. Corrupter might be sonic for the -res.

Psychic Blast is quite a bit better than it was in 2019.  It's now about middle of the road in blast sets regarding DPS, and no longer near the bottom.  It's just that the "meta or bust" folks only talk about Fire Blast and Ice Blast.

Psi Blast/Sonic Manipulation Blaster is very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Avoid robots. and carnies. and Vanguard Sword.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

My main is Psi blaster, and honestly, zero issue killing anything in the game. Even the dreaded robots. Just pick a secondary with a couple attacks you can work in as backup.

Even then, everytime I once shot a bot I am reminded how I was told they would be hard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Only answer is blaster.  high base damage rules all.  and so many things in this game resist psi.  carry around a power analyzer

Sentinels have horrifically slow animations and activation times.  you will spend a solid 60% of your time animation-rooted.  also note that a few sentinel blasts still have stupid slow projectiles

Corruptors sound nice at first but you really need to be Kinetics if you want any real damage output, but if any other team member gets fulcrumed your window to do damage gets smaller since you still have slow animations and activation times

Defenders and Dominators suffer from the same thing, a low base damage

Fortunatas are ok since the patch, but at the end of the day the Night Widow does more damage

psi/psi blaster was the only time i had fun as a psi blast set

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Defenders and Dominators suffer from the same thing, a low base damage

Dominators are 0.95 damage scale while defenders are 0.65 (corruptors are 0.75, sentinels are 1.10, blasters are 1.125). In addition, the damage multipliers used by psi attacks aren't consistent across ATs. Dominator Mental Blast does 1.8x the damage of the defender version, Psychic Scream does 2.0x and Subdue does 2.4x. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I have a psi Blaster.

I took Mental Manipulation

It was a theme thing

She sucks.  Not as much as she used to but I don't play her any more because slow suck - no fun.  She is going to be stripped of her Set IO's and either moved to Everlasting or deleted.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 1 month later
On 4/3/2024 at 4:14 PM, High_Beam said:

I have a psi Blaster.

I took Mental Manipulation

It was a theme thing

She sucks.  Not as much as she used to but I don't play her any more because slow suck - no fun.  She is going to be stripped of her Set IO's and either moved to Everlasting or deleted.

curious.. is Everlasting your land of exile/ gulag? 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 5/5/2024 at 9:37 PM, Force Redux said:

curious.. is Everlasting your land of exile/ gulag? 

Yes.  In the event Excelsior is down.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)