Moving Vanguard characters to Homecoming?

benird

Now that the Vanguard migration is complete is there going to be an option to move characters from Closed Beta to Homecoming? It would be awesome to start seeing the OG toons arriving home.

• Banjo 1

• Banjo 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Posted (edited)

I'm in the closed beta and account linked, I'm now keen to move my toons to a Homecoming server, so not quite the same thing. In last night's maintenance the Paragon infrastructure had its final migration to Homecoming. 

Edited by benird
  • Banjo 1

6 hours ago, benird said:

Now that the Vanguard migration is complete is there going to be an option to move characters from Closed Beta to Homecoming? It would be awesome to start seeing the OG toons arriving home.

It's been said elsewhere: No, Vanguard characters will not be able to move to any other Homecoming shard.

That said, it's easy enough to make a new character on Homecoming and level it up to level 50.  Heck, if you want, you can make it on Indomitable or Reunion and power level it up to level 50 in a few hours.  Obtaining badges will take time, but that's part of the fun.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

Yeah I've recreated most of my old toons, but they just don't feel the same having done them a second time. On the bight side though, the game is back legitimately!

• Banjo 1

• Game Master
9 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It's been said elsewhere: No, Vanguard characters will not be able to move to any other Homecoming shard.

Quoting to reaffirm: For the live service, everyone starts again at Level 1.  No Beta shard characters will ever be playable on Live shards.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

3 minutes ago, GM Tock said:

Quoting to reaffirm: For the live service, everyone starts again at Level 1.  No Beta shard characters will ever be playable on Live shards.

I imagine that part of the logic is that they may contain aspects of the beta In them that the live server does not and may cause unresolvable code differences.

• Banjo 2

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

All my characters made it to Vanguard. I guess I did it right yay!!! Although I have already remade them on Everlasting Server and have been in the process of Leveling them up. It's really nice to still have all my original characters and all my bases though.

• Banjo 1

As homecoming person can I go create a character over there?  Open to anyone to play?  Anything cool or different or is it just self-contained server?

• Banjo 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

58 minutes ago, starro said:

As homecoming person can I go create a character over there?  Open to anyone to play?  Anything cool or different or is it just self-contained server?

No, it's a closed alpha/beta server.

• Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube