Babbage in Talos Island?

I've seen multiple Kronos robot attacks in Talos many times now, including in the original game.  If I understand correctly one of the Malta arcs (Crimson?) triggers it. 

Tonight I saw something I cannot recall seeing in 19 years:  a multiple robot attack with half of them Kronos and half Babbage.  In fact, I can't ever recall seeing Babbage in Talos Island, and it's one of my favorite hang out spots. 

What triggers this kind of attack?

6 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I've seen multiple Kronos robot attacks in Talos many times now, including in the original game.  If I understand correctly one of the Malta arcs (Crimson?) triggers it. 

Tonight I saw something I cannot recall seeing in 19 years:  a multiple robot attack with half of them Kronos and half Babbage.  In fact, I can't ever recall seeing Babbage in Talos Island, and it's one of my favorite hang out spots. 

League Synapse?

I know Kronos can be forced to spawn outside of FF, perhaps a league running Synapse is using an Ouro to exit the second to last mission and dropping into Talos.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

18 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

League Synapse?

I know Kronos can be forced to spawn outside of FF, perhaps a league running Synapse is using an Ouro to exit the second to last mission and dropping into Talos.

Hmm...that's a reasonable idea, however we fought at least 4 Babbages throughout the invasion, maybe 5.  And twice we were tag-teamed by two of them.  I'm not sure I've ever heard of a Synapse TF that generates multiples.

8 hours ago, Techwright said:

Hmm...that's a reasonable idea, however we fought at least 4 Babbages throughout the invasion, maybe 5.  And twice we were tag-teamed by two of them.  I'm not sure I've ever heard of a Synapse TF that generates multiples.

Saturday Night Synapse is a weekly event on Torchbearer that runs Synapse as a league and coordinates the exit from the second to last mission to spawn all the Babbages at once. It's not unusual to have 20 or more.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Saturday Night Synapse is a weekly event on Torchbearer that runs Synapse as a league and coordinates the exit from the second to last mission to spawn all the Babbages at once. It's not unusual to have 20 or more.

Sounds like a heapin' helpin' of bole slaw.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

We need more giant monster attacks in other zones.  Kraken comes out in Perez Park, but why does it not move on to Steel Canyon or over to Atlas Park if left unattended for too long?  Deathsurge in Cap Au Diable?  It's a demon of living electric current... would love to see it pop up outside Terra Volta or Faultline looking for a recharge.  Jurassik only shows up in Crey's Folly?  I'd love to see it pop up in St. Martial to wreak a little havoc there, or maybe have DE and CoT collide with a little monster-on-monster violence with Jurassik coming after Caleb in Nerva the way Jack and Eochai sometimes fight in Croatoa.  Boomtown's War Walker?  They should get a full launch out of it and take it for a spin out in Striga for some event or whatever.  With the spirit trapping zone event in Port Oakes, I'm genuinely surprised that the Talos/IP ghost ship doesn't occasionally make a pass through Port Oakes.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Sounds like a heapin' helpin' of bole slaw.

It's not unheard of to have 2-3 full leagues running the Synapse with 1+ overflow league with those that join in just for the Babbage Brawl, last one I joined in on the Synapse, a second instance of Skyway was spawned. Pretty common for folks to drag out some Kronos Titans as well. It's a huge lag-fest. lol

25 Babbages

TixcDfR.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I Call Shenanigana!

And I should know Im an expert 😹

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

4 hours ago, Uun said:

Aaah, thanks.  Now I understand what @Oubliette_Red was meaning by "league" in context.  While it was Friday night, and on Excelsior, I'd not put it past folks to try that.

And now the other servers are probably going to start a Saturday Night Synapse event tonight.  😁

13 hours ago, Techwright said:

Good luck getting a straight answer. 

1 minute ago, Techwright said:
4 hours ago, Uun said:

Aaah, thanks.  Now I understand what @Oubliette_Red was meaning by "league" in context.  While it was Friday night, and on Excelsior, I'd not put it past folks to try that.

And now the other servers are probably going to start a Saturday Night Synapse event tonight.  😁

Be forewarned, the spawning of Babbages is staggered due to issues with Skyway not handling the release of multiple Babbages at the same time ending up in them not spawning at all. How it's work out for us is the League leader/co-leader will call out each team to exit their mission and the rest of the teams will hold until they are called on to exit their mission. This is how they guaranty each team spawns and nabs their Babbage to gather at the designated intersection. GSpawning and gathering them all together can take 10-20 minutes in itself.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:17 AM, catsi563 said:

I Call Shenanigana!

And I should know Im an expert 😹

*ahem*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 4/19/2024 at 9:13 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

It was back on Live, I believe, when it was discovered that the location of the Kronos spawn was tied to the location of the team leader when the team exited the mission that has the ambush after mission completion. If the team leader exits the mission early (via supergroup portal, Ouro portal, or some other method), they can go to virtually any other zone (I think AP and Mercy are immune to player-spawned GM invasions) and have the Kronos spawn there; this was, I believe, how a pair of Kronos titans were spawned into the middle of a Hamidon raid (to the severe annoyance of the raid participants).

On 4/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, srmalloy said:

It was back on Live, I believe, when it was discovered that the location of the Kronos spawn was tied to the location of the team leader when the team exited the mission that has the ambush after mission completion. If the team leader exits the mission early (via supergroup portal, Ouro portal, or some other method), they can go to virtually any other zone (I think AP and Mercy are immune to player-spawned GM invasions) and have the Kronos spawn there; this was, I believe, how a pair of Kronos titans were spawned into the middle of a Hamidon raid (to the severe annoyance of the raid participants).

Are they by any chance limited to zones with train stations?  I noticed after dozens of Kronos attacks in Talos that they seemed programmed to move, slow or fast, towards the train station, with those who reach it successfully hopping on top of it.  It makes me wonder how their programming works in a zone without a train station, like Peregrine Island, Crey's Folly, or Perez Park.  Do they then home in on the base portal, and if so, what do they do for RWZ where the base portal is deep inside a complex?

28 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I noticed after dozens of Kronos attacks in Talos that they seemed programmed to move, slow or fast, towards the train station, with those who reach it successfully hopping on top of it.

In at least one case -- I've only seen it once, but there may have been more -- the Kronos managed to get inside the tram station. It looked ridiculous in there with everyone fighting it.

• Haha 1