Incarnate threads, shards etc.

Hello beautiful people.

Is there anything to do with all the incarnate threads and shards you get once you're fully decked with all the incarnate things you need?  Can they be traded or used for anything else?  

Thank you!

Shards are generally useless and IMHO should just be done away with.

Threads... yeah, super inspirations. (If you do MSRs and use fold space? They're *really* useful there... and you will go through at least 8 of the Super! inspirations in the bowl. Probably my biggest thread-burner when I get in the mood to keep doing those.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

It would be nice if we could convert threads up to Empyrean Merits to send them to alts but that would probably make building incarnate powers even easier to get then they already are given that Rare and Very Rare components can be bought with Empys.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Thank you guys!

So... um... what's a MSR?

(Why yes, I am the oldest noob on this server, I was there the first months on the official servers)

And not noob. Newbie perhaps. But if you were there in '04 that's not accurate either. My old definition is a noob (n00b) is someone that doesn't want to learn, but a newbie is just a new player. 🙂

//Jack

• Like 1

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”

― Groucho Marx

Depends on how long I plan to run around with a character.  Generally, I get my first T3 Alpha with Threads, then use any Threads I get for the other incarnate slots.

Shards are a really cheap way to get Alphas, especially if you occasionally run the WST.  I usually end up experimenting with several (all) T4 Alphas on builds I play enough (since I eventually get enough Shards to make all of them).

Really, really lategame, though? I start just collecting all the T4s, then just hoard them in case they eventually continue the Incarnate system. (I'll have to start stockpiling super inspirations though; totally forgot Luna sold those)