Blinded by the Heals

Is there a way to disable the floating combat numbers? I did the Mother Ship Raid yesterday and the heals were so intense that all I could see were floating green numbers blanketing the bowl, even with the particles turned off. I was almost impossible to not only target the bad guy but to see what was going on at all.

The "impossible to target" won't be helped with that, generally, since the game can only draw so many critters. You will either need to be at the edge of the mass of people in the bowl, or find something like a lore or Mastermind pet to target through.

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Don't use click targeting, especially in intense combat. Use targeting and grapple binds.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I appreciate the suggestions, but they don't nswer my question. I know how to work around the problem, I just want to know if there's a way to disable the floating combat numbers.

1 hour ago, BG58 said:

I appreciate the suggestions, but they don't nswer my question. I know how to work around the problem, I just want to know if there's a way to disable the floating combat numbers.

I don't think it is possible to suppress the floating heal numbers.

You can generally improve visibility from powers though. Try setting your Max Particle Count to minimum during big events. Or go further and disable all particle effects entirely with the slash command "/noparticles 1". If you use the slash command, turn them back on when you're done with "/noparticles 0"

14 minutes ago, Andreah said:

You can generally improve visibility from powers though. Try setting your Max Particle Count to minimum during big events. Or go further and disable all particle effects entirely with the slash command "/noparticles 1". If you use the slash command, turn them back on when you're done with "/noparticles 0"

I thought there was a way to disable display of some of the floating text. Or have I taken one too many boots to the head?

Besides /noparticles, there's also /suppress_close_fx, which is supposed to only suppress your own alt's fancy light show when your viewpoint is close, but might include those numbers. Worth a try:

/suppress_close_fx [0|1]

/suppress_close_fx_dist [1-??? feet]

First toggles it on and off, second sets feet from your alt for it to take effect. (That's a pun.)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

12 hours ago, Andreah said:

Hey, thanks for this. 🙏 I was not aware of this slash command. 

11 hours ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

There is a setting under Menu-->Options that can turn them off. I don't know where exactly maybe General or Windows, but i know it is there somewhere.

Al I have at hand is the list of options, which doesn't include any for that function. As this was just extensively updated (mostly by BlackSpectre, some tidying-up by me) I find it odd that there would be menu options but no command options.

1 hour ago, Digirium said:

The other part of /noparticles is /unloadgfx use it after using the former.

I'm not sure these two commands have anything much to do with each other. /noparticles turns particle-based graphics on and off. /reloadgfx aka
/unloadgfx simply reloads the graphics textures.

There are other graphics commands that are interlinked, such as the two I noted above.

As a Recovering Babe of War the subject line of this thread has a completely different meaning when you remove an "A" and replace it with a second "E".

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

On 5/29/2024 at 9:13 AM, Greycat said:

The "impossible to target" won't be helped with that, generally, since the game can only draw so many critters. You will either need to be at the edge of the mass of people in the bowl, or find something like a lore or Mastermind pet to target through.

Being on the edge of the bowl doesn't help much; I've had mobs I was targeting fade out and vanish when the teleports into the bowl put enough mobs closer to me than my target to push my target off the end of the draw list, making them disappear even when I'm still shooting at them. What I'd like to see is an option to change the bias of your client in building the draw list for mobs -- prefer hostile, prefer friendly, no preference -- and to automatically keep your current target in the draw list if it hasn't been defeated.

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think the OP is referring to the green numbers that come from healing. I thought there was a setting to disable those...

Yes. I was never asking about targeting, just how to disable the floaties if possible.

• Like 1