What's the most recent Farmer, Tank or Brute ??

I use a savage/sr brute for s/l farming.  Not optimal, of course.  But he does well enough for my purposes (typically rake in 8 to 12 million inf per run of Boom Box Tunnel Farm, which I consider to be adequate for my needs).

20 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

I think the Title says it all.  Thanks In Advance .

Mathematically, a tank is going to do more damage(and likely kill more time wise) overall due simply to their ability to hit more targets in their aoe radius fights farming wise for -some- powers found in typical farming set.  However the clear time differences of influence per hour between a tank and a brute of same power sets, enhancements, etc it really is such a small difference that predominantly, people still also play brutes.  The changes that happened years ago didnt have necessarily all that many people switching from one to the other since they can still effectively farm.   If anything occured that the changes did more dramatically, it was to have farmers change/create different farm mishes to accommodate some of the other changes that all occurred at the time.  

Bottom line, its the driver's choice really.

The Tanker changes + Fury changes + aggro changes + Burn nerf really did it in for Brutes. Sure, if you already have one there’s not really a reason to roll a Tanker to replace it, but if you’re making a new farmer I wouldn’t recommend a Brute to anyone.

• Microphone 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 hours ago, battlewraith said:

So there is no reason to pick a brute over a tank? I would've thought that farming at least was the one area where brute would shine over other ATs.

If you’re concerned with efficiency, not really.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

13 hours ago, battlewraith said:

So there is no reason to pick a brute over a tank? I would've thought that farming at least was the one area where brute would shine over other ATs.

As I tried to briefly explain before, the differences between a brute and a tank in terms of the most exp-inf per hour still favor a tank but because the differences in inf-exp/hr are rather small (-*-in farmer terms-*-) a brute is just as fine, especially if one already had brutes previously and fully set up for farming prior to both the 2019-2022 range of changes (brute fury nerf, tank damage buff, AOE targets numbers, Aggro changes, -def to fire swords and cascade, AE mission mob powers changes with regards to exp capabilities, and some other things).  

To someone new to farming who hyper focuses then on min/max from toon to mission to influence per hour etc, and wants just wants a relative bottom line(emphasis on relative), then yes, a smashing lethal farming tank with one of those builds one finds in the guides WITH the proper missions(missions are equally important that some ignore the importance of) would be of merit for their consideration.  This is for both Active and AFK toons built for farming(as those who are extremely hyper focused on farming for influence will run 3 accounts for farming simultaneously) (1 active and 2 afk). 

Additionally, if someone is focused for leveling alts for their primary account, some opt to go to reunion or indom with an active tank on a second or third account, group then an alt from their primary account, and then power level the toon in 4-6 hours on one of those servers(due to the default double exp for the server due to low pop and the start vendor xp buff with it), then transfer (as you get 5 free xfers a week) to some other server they more likely play on(ie excel or everlasting).

But again there are -many-  brute farm, many who fire farm (Id argue they're still the most common vs S/L) there are many that do not use the more optimal melees opting instead for staff, SS etc, and there are yes even NON Tank/brute farmers that farm (there's been a blapper even who I've seen(though not recently) but as recent as a few months ago as I suspect they play on occassion vs consistently) fire farm.    The less min/max optioned, then of course the less infl/xp per hour earned but still there is inf/xp per hour they earn sufficiently to satisfy their wants.

So as I said in my other post, its the driver's choice(ie the player's choice) as people will either push to min/max, challenge themselves to find something else to use that they think they can drive better, or just simply have their own reasons otherwise to the contrary.

So your question Battlewraith being answered wholly depends on you.

• Like 1