Scrapper DPS Spreadsheet (Kaeladin's iteration of Kezeal's original spreadsheet)

Kaeladin

So based on this a theoretical "top end toon"

Katana > Martial Arts?

Mostly due to the ability to slot the -res procs?

In a sustained ST DPS situation? Yes.

In real gameplay? They're close enough. Martial Arts has the higher base DPA chain, but katana is up there. MA has a slightly better damage typing IMO (smashing), while katana already has two decent AOE options (a cone and a PBAOE) to MA's one (PBAOE). However, MA is a good candidate to take Cross Punch (fighting pool) as an additional cone.

They're close enough, though MA is a bit more end heavy.

OP, have you ever looked at how Widow-Claws perform relative to the Scrapper powersets? I've seen a couple threads where someone claimed Widow has some of the best DPS in the game when focused on claws w/ Follow-up, but IDK how you came to figure out these optimised attack chains, or if it would even be comparing apples to apples.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

Whats your overall thought on sliding in things like Moonbeam and Gloom?  My only experience in play was with Spines, which appears to be stuck redrawing its spines and lowering the added value of Gloom.

In my head they look like an okay filler choice for low single target sets that lack redraw, but I've not run all the numbers.

I'm using moonbeam and its great, with full soul drain it can usually one shot an even level minion.

Claws being that low is suprising.... doesn't it have amazing actual results?

Please read the Special Cases section for Claws (and Dual Blades, Dark Melee, etc.). I specifically stated this in the FAQ and the actual recharge condition sheets themselves. Claws is only low in this sheet because of low base DPS values on the moves of its chain, but that section has the numbers with follow-up stack(s) calculated.

Doesn't using 2 knockback powers in the chain cause an issue with actual realized dps?

Doesn't using 2 knockback powers in the chain cause an issue with actual realized dps?

I guess it's being measured against a target that ignores knockback completely, like Archvillains?

If it's just minions, you can make up for knocking one target away by switching to another one nearby.

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 7/5/2019 at 3:59 AM, Seroster01 said:

OP, have you ever looked at how Widow-Claws perform relative to the Scrapper powersets? I've seen a couple threads where someone claimed Widow has some of the best DPS in the game when focused on claws w/ Follow-up, but IDK how you came to figure out these optimised attack chains, or if it would even be comparing apples to apples.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

Also would like to know, Just got done leveling a melee based widow to 50....should i even bother? Or is a TW/BIO better?

On 8/5/2019 at 12:14 AM, Saulty_Dawg1992 said:

Also would like to know, Just got done leveling a melee based widow to 50....should i even bother? Or is a TW/BIO better?

Tw/bio just does a bit of everyting well. Doesn't mean it is better.  A lot of people dont like TW at all and that build is expensive. Never played the widow to 50 but i think it is fine for dps. TW/Bio is my main it has great ST dmg with - def procs and great aoe, absorb, +heal/end recovery, - regen, knockdown, -damage, a taunt, -resist, perma hasten. The thing i love most about COH is that so many builds are great and fun. If you like widow then keep playing it. You can also fix a lot of "weaknesses" with EPPs and Incarnates.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, thegee said:

Tw/bio just does a bit of everyting well. Doesn't mean it is better.  A lot of people dont like TW at all and that build is expensive. Never played the widow to 50 but i think it is fine for dps. TW/Bio is my main it has great ST dmg with - def procs and great aoe, absorb, +heal/end recovery, - regen, knockdown, -damage, a taunt, -resist, perma hasten. The thing i love most about COH is that so many builds are great and fun. If you like widow then keep playing it. You can also fix a lot of "weaknesses" with EPPs and Incarnates.

What do you mean by EPPs??

On 8/5/2019 at 7:14 AM, Saulty_Dawg1992 said:

I made a fully optimized widow on Justin to test it out: 

The damage is about on par with an MA/Bio Scrapper, but not on par with TW/Bio. If you want DPS, go with TW/Bio Scrapper. If you want DPS with some nice team buffs on the side, go with Night Widow.