The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Collect the following badges in order to unlock stuff

Not sure why I'm having problems understanding this, but this seems a bit ambiguous. Either

(Collect the following badges) (in order) (to unlock stuff) meaning you have to get the badges, in a specific order, to unlock stuff

or

(Collect the following badges) (in order to) (unlock stuff) meaning you have to get the badges, in no particular order, to achieve the goal of unlocking stuff

The second interpretation is the one I'm hoping is intended, but for some reason this morning the first interpretation was the one that leapt to my mind...

4 minutes ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Not sure why I'm having problems understanding this, but this seems a bit ambiguous.

You need to collect all the badges in whatever order you chose.

That is to say: you have to have all badges required to unlock the accolade or whatever.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The order does not matter.  Task Force Commander, for example, requires that you do the six 'signature' task forces.  You can do them in whatever order, over whatever length of time, that you like.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

yeah doesnt matter what order you get them just that you have them to unlock any accolades

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?