Attribute Tracking to 15

Right now, you can only track 10 combat attributes.  But for those of us with lots of monitor real estate and an obsessive desire to know things, 15 would be better.

Please?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Finland 1

Everlasting server -  the Perma-Newbies SG

7 hours ago, Duuk said:

15 would be better

TBH, even that may not be enough, especially if we want to monitor typed or positional defense,  Also, maybe being able to have said stats in more than 1 windows...

• Like 1
  • Finland 1

Yes please! I'd be thrilled with 15 and would not mad with 20 either!

I'd also like to be able to save the monitored stats the same way we can save a UI layout or so that when I start up a new toon its already monitoring my the default stats that I set/saved. 

• Thumbs Up 2

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

5 hours ago, mistagoat said:

Yes please! I'd be thrilled with 15 and would not mad with 20 either!

I'd also like to be able to save the monitored stats the same way we can save a UI layout or so that when I start up a new toon its already monitoring my the default stats that I set/saved. 

I wrote a bind file to do this. It works great.

9 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

the big change i’d like to see is for the currently monitored attributes to stop disappearing at random every few days

I haven't seen them disappear "every few days," but getting new attributes to monitor - you'll note "Gravity" was added recently - breaks existing windows, which is *really* irritating. (Sort of like what happens at the tailor with new costume parts... not infrequently, with perfectly fine costumes now being "invalid.")

And I suspect for the same reason, as besides having new and exciting empty spaces, some (many) of my characters with these windows now had things I wouldn't care about tracking tracked.

(Trivia: This can also apply to powers, though the situation only came up once. Back when Patron, then Ancillary pools gained five powers on Live (after the devs looked at all the torches and pitchforks from initially just replacing powers in the patron pools and decided "Adding? Adding is better, yes,") it broke both Domination and Kheldians by "bumping" Domination and Kheld powers "over" a slot without changing the icons. So you'd, say, want to fire a blast and change forms instead.  Took a little bit to fix in beta when that happened.)

Edit: And *Yes, please!* to being able to save layouts.

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, biostem said:

TBH, even that may not be enough, especially if we want to monitor typed or positional defense,  Also, maybe being able to have said stats in more than 1 windows...

Positional shouldn't be bad, but typed does have duplicates. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that gives (say) Smashing but not Lethal def/res, or Energy but not Negative Energy. So tracking one is tracking the other.

But, still not against being able to track more.

I'm not sure how hard "more than one window" would be, given how touchy UI stuff seems to be. Wouldn't argue against it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Positional shouldn't be bad, but typed does have duplicates. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that gives (say) Smashing but not Lethal def/res, or Energy but not Negative Energy. So tracking one is tracking the other.

Depends on the armor set, though the armor sets that differ typically hit max with its primary without trying, so I guess tracking that can be skipped.

Edit: Nevermind. You said defense. I'm thinking resist. Sorry.

Edited by Rudra

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Depends on the armor set, though the armor sets that differ typically hit max with its primary without trying, so I guess tracking that can be skipped.

Edit: Nevermind. You said defense. I'm thinking resist. Sorry.

Well, I did put in "Def/Res" later. And depending on the set, some *are* fairly drop-dead simple to cap or near-cap. 🙂

There are a couple melee weapon attacks that provide bonus lethal def but not smashing (or vice versa, I forget). So a player could have a good reason for monitoring both if one stat was 15% higher than the other. Admittedly these are fringe cases but they do exist.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

2 minutes ago, mistagoat said:

There are a couple melee weapon attacks that provide bonus lethal def but not smashing (or vice versa, I forget). So a player could have a good reason for monitoring both if one stat was 15% higher than the other. Admittedly these are fringe cases but they do exist.

Parry and Guarded Spin grant +melee/lethal defense.

5 minutes ago, mistagoat said:

Mm, yeah, had to double check, Parry gives a Melee/Lethal damage buff, but not Smashing.

Edit: Heh. @Rudra, ya jinx...  🙂

Edited by Greycat

7 hours ago, Greycat said:

Energy Aura armor set gives different amounts of energy and negative defenses. Epic set Mace Mastery scorpion shield is another common one for a lot of my characters and it gives smash/lethal/energy defense and yet zero negative defense.   Mu Mastery charged armor is my favorite go to when I want resistance instead of defense from an epic set and it gives smash/lethal/energy resistance, no negative resistance.

I actually run into splits of types all the time personally, although it is more common from the epic pools.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

On 8/21/2024 at 4:16 AM, Indystruck said:

You just have to monitor your lowest defense and your highest defense.

To be clear, though, I'd still like more monitor slots: Res is the real issue, as there's more specific anti-one-or-two types of res abilities than there are specific -defense abilities. Infact, I'm not sure there are any specific -def abilities that can occur to players. I think there's maybe -positional but that still affects all positionals, so...

• Moose 1

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

I wonder if we could get a combined stats to monitor on some, instead of needing to monitor each one:

Tricky part is remembering the order and if the horizontal screen space is there.

Positional would be: Ranged, Melee, AOE

Typed: Smashing, Lethal, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative, Psionic, Toxic

Resist: Smashing, Lethal, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative, Psionic, Toxic

• Moose 1

On 8/21/2024 at 12:51 PM, Captain Fabulous said:

I wrote a bind file to do this. It works great.

Any chance you have a post explaining how to do this? I just logged into a Tank I haven't played in a couple months and they're all screwed up, is so frustrating...

• Moose 1

On 8/24/2024 at 8:43 AM, mistagoat said:

Any chance you have a post explaining how to do this? I just logged into a Tank I haven't played in a couple months and they're all screwed up, is so frustrating...

Here's the bind file I use. Use the /loadbindfile command to activate it.

The list of attributes you can use is here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Monitorattribute_(Slash_Command)

If you already have the window active you need to stop displaying it before using the bind. I couldn't find a text command to do that, so you'll have to do it manually.

combatmonitor.txt

• Finland 1