New group of Supervillains for KW.

Okay, this is my concept for a new group of villains. (They may have a basis in KW) The idea is that a couple of bandits who lead a small group of female assassins manage to intercept the shipment of Rikti technology before it reaches Black Scorpion, who wanted to negotiate with the aliens. They leave Black Scorpion fighting the aliens, outraged at having been tricked. But when they argue about the percentage of the sale of the cargo, the man hits the woman and says that 99% of the sales are his. But when he picks up what he thinks is a jewel, he catches fire and throws the jewel in the direction of his wife, who realizes that these jewels do her no harm. In fact, she gains powers of fire and ice when she picks up the jewel. And she shares this power with all the assassins who now faithfully follow her. I didn't think of the names of the main characters, nor of this new group. But the basic concept is this. (merely illustrative drawing that I got from Google)

spacer.png

• Confused 2
  • Finland 1

Seems a bit too specific, or maybe better as your own SG.  That being said, bringing in an offshoot of, say, the Knives of Artemis, who gain non-magical powers, (so not the Knives of Vengeance), and/or maybe exists as an offshoot of the Outcasts, with their mutant powers, (since, IMHO, we need more mutant villain groups)...

• Finland 1

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Seems a bit too specific, or maybe better as your own SG.  That being said, bringing in an offshoot of, say, the Knives of Artemis, who gain non-magical powers, (so not the Knives of Vengeance), and/or maybe exists as an offshoot of the Outcasts, with their mutant powers, (since, IMHO, we need more mutant villain groups)...

My sg already has its own theme. I was thinking of a different group because KW City doesn't have any villains on its streets for us to face yet.

• Finland 1

Just now, captainstar said:

My sg already has its own theme. I was thinking of a different group because KW City doesn't have any villains on its streets for us to face yet.

I have no argument about populating Kallisti's Warf.  I just think your proposed new villain group is a bit to specific in their backstory, for such a purpose...

• Like 2
  • Finland 1

11 minutes ago, biostem said:

I have no argument about populating Kallisti's Warf.  I just think your proposed new villain group is a bit to specific in their backstory, for such a purpose...

Agreed. OP fleshed out a character, not a villain group, let alone a villain group that fits in the game.

• Finland 1

16 hours ago, captainstar said:

Okay, this is my concept for a new group of villains.

Okay, hit me!

(They may have a basis in KW) The idea is that a couple of bandits who lead a small group of female assassins manage to intercept the shipment of Rikti technology before it reaches Black Scorpion, who wanted to negotiate with the aliens. They leave Black Scorpion fighting the aliens, outraged at having been tricked. But when they argue about the percentage of the sale of the cargo, the man hits the woman and says that 99% of the sales are his. But when he picks up what he thinks is a jewel, he catches fire and throws the jewel in the direction of his wife, who realizes that these jewels do her no harm. In fact, she gains powers of fire and ice when she picks up the jewel.

cat-what.gif

And she shares this power with all the assassins who now faithfully follow her.

So... a victim of domestic violence chances into a powerful... technomagical Rikti gem... and leads an army of female assassins (because we really need another Knives of Artemis in the game)... to steal things...

cat-kitty.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Finland 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

we already have a new villain group set up and ready to be released, most likely in KW. the freaklok. as far as i know they have not been set out in the wild yet, outside of buzzsaw's arc, but i am sure they will be soon.

• Finland 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

7 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

we already have a new villain group set up and ready to be released, most likely in KW. the freaklok. as far as i know they have not been set out in the wild yet, outside of buzzsaw's arc, but i am sure they will be soon.

Oh, I had no idea. I was just thinking of a generic story to encourage more ideas here. But if the Devs are already planning something for this map it's good to know.

7 hours ago, captainstar said:

Oh, I had no idea. I was just thinking of a generic story to encourage more ideas here. But if the Devs are already planning something for this map it's good to know.

oh believe me, i have no insider knowlege here. but an entirely new group with backstory, level range of 29 to 54, minions to AVs, and no place to go... KW seems the most logical place to me. 🙂

• Like 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

So...just me thinking here. 
First - kudos to the OP for some entertaining story. But, please no. 

I don't EVER want to see any new NPCs in Kallista Wharf - and here's why: 

Hallowe'en. 
Spring
Winter

See where I'm going? It's nice to be able to take your character and just run around and click objects for the various events without wondering if you're going to have to engage in some other nearby NPCs. KW is a haven. It's got everything we need. And we don't need more NPCs. 

The variety of NPCs available to clobber is already a bit mind-boggling. I couldn't even name them all, I don't think. 

While I do think more stories would be useful, more npcs would not - and here's why: (just my opinion) 
The writing on the wall...
Look at Aeon, ITF, Lady Grey - these tfs all have the option to further increase difficulty with increased rewards - although the rewards are essentially for costume tokens - the prismatics. A currency only as valuable as the demand for costume toggles go. If they were still selling for 100M, then sure, it's worth it. At the 2.5M...not so much. At least, not for me. I can make the 25M (the current equivalent of 10 prismatics at AH price) in a few minutes marketing or in 30 minutes playing, give or take a few. And I don't need to be selective in my incarnate power or build choices, nor the choices of whom I'd team with. 

It is this player's opinion - and only mine - that IF a new faction were to appear - they would have some unsavory abilities to take our current meta and diminish our abilities so that the fight would be more "interesting/challenging". Some of you genuinely love that kind of thing. I do not always favor such encounters. Every now and then, when I'm on a character I really like, as opposed to the "just trying things out" type of alt. Generally speaking, more challenging stuff requires I sit at the edge of my seat, play closer attention and think more carefully about the attack chain. I'm a fitness nerd. I literally sit playing on a stability ball. Sitting on the edge of my seat is dangerous! I might slip off and bust my ischial tuberosity. And, because I row daily, I need that to be healthy. 

Now, if the powers that be were to populate the zone with some level 7 Hellions...I wouldn't mind that so much. But some new NPC that drops toggles with a ranged attack, or some high mag stun that just ignores toggles, or some trickery where my range is debuffed...not no, but hell no! 

Until such time that I see evidence in future patches of focuses on new additional stories for the factions we already have...I just don't see any positives from adding a new faction. 

Again - that's just my opinion. And I don't think I can sell it for any influence, so that's about how much it's worth. 

Still clever story. Just not for KW. Slap that stuff in Nerva or the Shadow Shard. 

On 8/29/2024 at 10:28 AM, Ukase said:

So...just me thinking here. 
First - kudos to the OP for some entertaining story. But, please no. 

I don't EVER want to see any new NPCs in Kallista Wharf - and here's why: 

Hallowe'en. 
Spring
Winter

See where I'm going? It's nice to be able to take your character and just run around and click objects for the various events without wondering if you're going to have to engage in some other nearby NPCs. KW is a haven. It's got everything we need. And we don't need more NPCs. 

The variety of NPCs available to clobber is already a bit mind-boggling. I couldn't even name them all, I don't think. 

While I do think more stories would be useful, more npcs would not - and here's why: (just my opinion) 
The writing on the wall...
Look at Aeon, ITF, Lady Grey - these tfs all have the option to further increase difficulty with increased rewards - although the rewards are essentially for costume tokens - the prismatics. A currency only as valuable as the demand for costume toggles go. If they were still selling for 100M, then sure, it's worth it. At the 2.5M...not so much. At least, not for me. I can make the 25M (the current equivalent of 10 prismatics at AH price) in a few minutes marketing or in 30 minutes playing, give or take a few. And I don't need to be selective in my incarnate power or build choices, nor the choices of whom I'd team with. 

It is this player's opinion - and only mine - that IF a new faction were to appear - they would have some unsavory abilities to take our current meta and diminish our abilities so that the fight would be more "interesting/challenging". Some of you genuinely love that kind of thing. I do not always favor such encounters. Every now and then, when I'm on a character I really like, as opposed to the "just trying things out" type of alt. Generally speaking, more challenging stuff requires I sit at the edge of my seat, play closer attention and think more carefully about the attack chain. I'm a fitness nerd. I literally sit playing on a stability ball. Sitting on the edge of my seat is dangerous! I might slip off and bust my ischial tuberosity. And, because I row daily, I need that to be healthy. 

Now, if the powers that be were to populate the zone with some level 7 Hellions...I wouldn't mind that so much. But some new NPC that drops toggles with a ranged attack, or some high mag stun that just ignores toggles, or some trickery where my range is debuffed...not no, but hell no! 

Until such time that I see evidence in future patches of focuses on new additional stories for the factions we already have...I just don't see any positives from adding a new faction. 

Again - that's just my opinion. And I don't think I can sell it for any influence, so that's about how much it's worth. 

Still clever story. Just not for KW. Slap that stuff in Nerva or the Shadow Shard. 

A St Patrick's day event would be cool tho...

spacer.png

Architect Entertainment is still a thing, why wait for the devs to write your story when you could do it yourself!

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

2 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

Architect Entertainment is still a thing, why wait for the devs to write your story when you could do it yourself!

A event like the christmas with presents, or Halloween with more xp and badges... not just a simple mish.

I personally like KW for what it is, even with Fusionette, the girl hostage as the main trainer in KW :P. I wouldn't mind it if was just a missions area with just contacts for both sides peppered about the zone. I mean I like to think of KW as to where all the Elite on Both sides hang out so the PPD is better equipped to keep that area of the city clean and free of street thugs

I wouldn't mind if they could implement Hero v Villain PvP missions. Like save / assassinate a political figure, Stop Villain team from getting the loot, Stop Hero Team from intercepting a smuggled in super weapon, stuff like that, with decent rewards.

Edited by DrIlluminatis

10 minutes ago, DrIlluminatis said:

I wouldn't mind if they could implement Hero v Villain PvP missions. Like save / assassinate a political figure, Stop Villain team from getting the loot, Stop Hero Team from intercepting a smuggled in super weapon, stuff like that, with decent rewards.

Keep PvP in PvP zones please. I would be greatly disappointed if KW got missions, but they were PvP. Having villain characters running around assassinating targets? Sure. Having hero characters running around saving those targets? Great. Having a mission where you can't do anything unless there is an opposing player to face? No thanks.

• Like 2

I think cool for KW would be high level variants of groups you meet early during your first 20 maybe less levels, maybe some mix and match with Praetorian groups to, since KW apparently was at least partially build by Praetorian survivors.

Edit: and don't get me wrong I don't want them to be a big chalanging experience just scaled to the right level with some level appropriate powers, not uber fancy mechanics, they are still just random gangs and similar crime groups, fighting a lvl 50 Hellions while lvl 50 should feel like fighting a lvl 5 Hellions while lvl 5

Edited by jkwak

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

On 9/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, jkwak said:

I think cool for KW would be high level variants of groups you meet early during your first 20 maybe less levels, maybe some mix and match with Praetorian groups to, since KW apparently was at least partially build by Praetorian survivors.

Actually, this got me thinking… what if they were specifically updated versions of the Praetorian villain groups?

Basically make it an extension of the New Praetorians and Mr. G arcs.

What does the UPA do after Scott’s death? They still have their underlying goals and need a base of operations. They choose Kallisti Wharf.

Praetorian Wu Yin, absent the memories of his daughter, would put his focus into rebuilding The Syndicate (perhaps picking up assets from Crey after the Countess is exposed and arrested).

Not every Destroyer is going to have an easy time detoxing and an underground Fixadine racket could get started.

Likewise, the Awakened could come out at night on the “villain side” of Kallisti Wharf, while the Carnival of Light would be targetable by villains coming there. Maybe do something with the Dregs, Pilgrims and Lost/Ghouls as well.

If you’re not playing goldside much, these would all be relatively fresh villain groups for players to experience and wouldn’t need much tweaking to play in the 40-54 range since the goldside critters always punched a bit above their weight to begin with.

Throw in Arachnos and the PPD and you’d have a good selection of enemy groups for both sides and a set up for adding some related story arcs to the zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

Not every Destroyer is going to have an easy time detoxing and an underground Fixadine racket could get started.

Wasn't Superadine supposed to be a suitable replacement for Fixadine and vise versa? I imagine Skulls selling Superadine to them and maybe Destroyers fighting with Trolls over limited supply from the Skulls.

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

1 minute ago, jkwak said:

Wasn't Superadine supposed to be a suitable replacement for Fixadine and vise versa? I imagine Skulls selling Superadine to them and maybe Destroyers fighting with Trolls over limited supply from the Skulls.

No, Superadine is sufficiently different from Fixadine that it would not work as a replacement. The composition of them is extremely similar, but there are slight differences. And in the game, Superadine and Fixadine are being studied by... I can't remember who... to see if their differences can be used to find a way to cure the Trolls and the Destroyers.

okay then I must have misunderstood it.

I thought they wanted to use Superadine to help with Fixadine withdrawal in a similar way Methadone can be used in the real world instead of having them go cold turkey which apparenty is deadly with Fixadine

Edited by jkwak

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

7 minutes ago, jkwak said:

okay then I must have misunderstood it.

I thought they wanted to use Superadine to help with Fixadine withdrawal in a similar way Methadone can be used in the real world instead of having them go cold turkey which apparenty is deadly with Fixadine

They do. They want to use Superadine to help the Destroyers and they want to use Fixadine to help the Trolls. However, they can't just switch them over to the other drug because they will react very negatively to the switch. Think of the Tsoo Rage drug arc blue side. It looks like Superadine. It is even labeled to be easily mistaken as Superadine. And chemically, it is almost identical to Superadine. However, if you use Superadine, you really, really don't want to try Rage. I can't remember the name of the blue side scientist, but he is looking at Fixadine and Superadine because they are virtually identical (like Superadine and Rage) but have radically different results on the body. And he is trying to figure out how the differences between the two may be used to help the Destroyers recover from their Fixadine addiction and the Trolls regain their lost intellect and maybe even their pre-Troll bodies. (Though in the arc, he is more focused on the Trolls.)