New Powerset for Archetypes

24 minutes ago, Rudra said:

No one that I am aware of is complaining about having something like a Staff Blast set

To expand upon this, many, if not all, of the weapon-based sets do have more organic or even magi-tech-looking models to choose from, so you're not pigeon-holed into a particular look.  Even if they were, however, it is far easier to handwave a gun being magic than a set with obvious magic-themed naming, runes/glyphs/sigils you cannot opt out of, and/or weapon models that you cannot change...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

10 hours ago, Wingslord24 said:

That would not be logical I would not see psychic blast being believable with the animations that I have seen in the older post. I think it would be a new power with its own look and feel, the older powers do need new alt animations but not anything have to do with mystic energies.

You already have Illusion Control, which is perfect for your standard magic set up. You can use pool powers to round out the concept of having a hodgepodge of unrelated powers.

I'm not sure how doing new mystical animations for psychic wouldn't work perfectly. Some of them ALREADY EXIST with Circle of Thorns.

Alt Animations are a load of artistic work and Homecoming is light on artists because until recently, they didn't feel secure enough to waste artists time on a project that was in the legal grey area. Now they are legit, but a PURE Magic Epic Archetype is probably what you want. You aren't going to get Primary/Secondary Arcane Powersets with the standard Archetypes. It makes no sense to do all that work and animate something that doesn't have any theme that binds it together beyond people loving the Sorcery Universal Power Pool.

Otherwise, if you sincerely want magic powers with standard Archetypes, the superior option IS Arcane Animations for each existing Elemental/Energy Powerset. Including Psychic.

Staff "Blast" could easily be added as an optional weapon that animations are channeled through. You don't REALLY need to make a unique set... but it could be neat to see something like that. But the theme wouldn't be MAGIC or Arcane. It would be "Staff Blast" which could possibly just have a variety of different elemental blasts. This would still not help people who want to have Hodgepodge Wizards as much as making an Epic Archetype would.

Edited by FDR's Think Tank
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

1 hour ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

Staff "Blast" could easily be added as an optional weapon that animations are channeled through.

Storm blast using these hypothetical staff animations would, for lack of a better term, be "epic".  If you wanted something more classically magic, energy, dark, or fire blast would probably be excellent choices as well...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

I'm not the only one noticing that Wingslord24 is using the exact same arguments and is spamming the costume thread with pictures without any references for what specifically in those pictures (s)he/they want just like KingCedd03 did, am I?

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Moose 1

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'm not the only one noticing that Wingslord24 is using the exact same arguments and is spamming the costume thread with pictures without any references for what specifically in those pictures (s)he/they want just like KingCedd03 did, am I?

Myself and GM Moogly already called them out in this thread lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Moose 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Myself and GM Moogly already called them out in this thread lol.

Aw cmon, it's a big stretch!  Unless you see him forget to switch accounts and downvote a bunch of posts as KC3...

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

My apologies. I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Meh, no need to apologize. I thought the same thing as you. I don't see Winglord in the main costume thread, so they must be in a different one, but seeing Googly kinda confirm my suspicions made me giggle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 9/4/2024 at 8:02 AM, Solok said:

See other people have been saying this for years, we need a "Arcane/ Sorcery/ Eldritch" powerset. Not all powersets have to fit into all the Origins. How does Thorny Assault or Plant Control fit into the Technology Origin?? It doesn't.

There is the Sorcery power pool to add more "sorcery" cosmetics to a character.

You can make any power set work with any origin if you are creative enough.

I have plant powered characters that were created through scientific experimentation, so - yeah - they are Science origin.

I agree with the others that the powers sets for any archetype can have whatever origin that you can think think up a character conception to match.

What the real question is, what powers are you looking for in the "magic".

You give three broad categories

On 9/2/2024 at 6:08 PM, Solok said:

Ranged Damage, Crowd Control or Support

With no explanations of what you are looking for within these sets.

What makes this different than what already exists?

What do you expect them to look like?

What kind of damage type are they?

Things like that.

(unfortunately, I can only read and reply to your posts one page at time, if I want to include quotes)

Edited by UltraAlt
some grammar corrections ... time for me to take a nap it seems
  • Like 2
  • Moose 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, Psyonico said:

They aren't asking for a wand set, they are asking for a "magic" set.

But I don't want my magic character to use a wand - whether or not if it has a glow star on the end of it that has a fairy dust trail when I cast a power with it!

I want to have a staff ... or maybe a book .. yeah... a book that that I pull out and hold in one hand while I'm using a power!

Oh, wait, there has to be something else ... they all need their own separate power sets   too ... oh, and there was that idea for a Druid power set .... and ....

... Can't I get the Dual pistol melee set I have always dreamed of?! It's only melee ranged! Point blank shooting and pistol-whipping enemies!

equilibrium3.jpg

12 hours ago, GarysBerries said:

If I remember correctly from live, Origins used to determine the contact path you had for most of the game.

Yes. Originally, hero characters were routed to their origin contact in City Hall in Atlas Park when they entered the City for the first time.

Neither Villains or Praetorian have origin contacts.

I can't remember exactly when it happened, but the during the "funneling" process to direct players into mission paths that everyone could share the rewards with more equally, heroes were directed to non-Origin contacts.

The advantage of fighting enemies with your origin - which Origin contact for your Origin send you out to fight - is that they always drop enhancements that your character can use.

Now not only are the Origin contacts bypassed unless you specifically select them before outleveling the first origin contact - which means you don't have access to any of the later origin contacts - but one character can run all the origin missions for all the different origin contacts as long as they level lock to stay within the contacts' level range.

it would be nice to be able to choose to run the OG contact paths for origins

You can. 

Some of them go kind of screwy, but you can.

You just have to make sure to go to your origin contact as soon as you log into the City, don't run any DFB, and be careful to lock you XP so you don't outlevel contacts.

That is to say, you can go into the menu>options and scroll down to the bottom and switch between earning XP and no XP. You used to get x2 inf for turning XP off but that isn't a "thing" any more.

If you outlevel an Origin contact before you get far enough in the arc to get your next matching origin contact you are likely to miss at least one origin contact before you can get back on the correct origin paths by getting origin contact of a different origin (from your origin contact - you get an option to pick between two contacts of different origins from you own 1/2 way through an origin contact's missions) and hope that they give you an option of getting a new contact from them 1/2 way through their arc that matches your character origin again.

I haven't even bothered to test this out to see if it even works or not. 

I'm dragging my feet on my origin project as it is.

Also if one RPs any bit origin does a whole bunch in terms of backstory and enjoyment/playability/power selection for some toons.

Agreed.

I'm a character conception player.

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

When you log your new character into Atlas Park, walk into City Hall and go down the stairs. There are five offices down there with names that tell you what origin they are for. Walk into any office and talk to the contacts inside. They will give you the original contact path. You can do this for any of the five origin offices regardless of your origin, so you can do them all if you want. Though you will need to turn off XP to do so.

They all actually show up in the contact list if you click on the button to see the other contacts versus the ones that it displays initially.

But you have come into the game as a hero to see these (yes, you could come into the game as a villain, go to the pocket d, change to a hero or vigilante, come into Atlas Park and probably can get the origin contacts ... but I have never tried this) ... and Praetorians are totally out of luck when it comes to Origin contacts.

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

I don't think anyone has issues with a new power set that uses magic-esque animations. We can always request less magic-esque animations. No one that I am aware of is complaining about having something like a Staff Blast set where you wield a staff to fire the set's powers, or a Wand Blast set where you wield a wand to fire the set's powers.

To me, all these things are power customizations and not a power set in itself.

A melee pistol set on the other hand ...

ReMRAx.gif

QOBDtf.gif

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Wingslord24 said:

Sorry, I'm not kingcedd03 stop with your speculations.

fb61100d6f30772bcc31dbf5a868cfee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

There is the Sorcery power pool to add more "sorcery" cosmetics to a character.

You can make any power set work with any origin if you are creative enough.

I have plant powered characters that were created through scientific experimentation, so - yeah - they are Science origin.

I agree with the others that the powers sets for any archetype can have whatever origin that you can think think up a character conception to match.

What the real question is, what powers are you looking for in the "magic".

You give three broad categories

With no explanations of what you are looking for within these sets.

What makes this different than what already exists?

What do you expect them to look like?

What kind of damage type are they?

Things like that.

(unfortunately, I can only read and reply to your posts one page at time, if I want to include quotes)

1. What powers are you looking for in the "magic" set? (Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, or Support)

• Ranged Damage: Magic can offer various ranged attacks that go beyond the traditional energy bolts or fireballs. You might have:

• Arcane Missiles: Projectiles that seek out enemies.
    • Mana Storm: A concentrated barrage of magical energy that deals damage over time (DoT) in an area.
    • Spectral Blasts: Phasing through terrain or enemies, ignoring some forms of defense.
    • Reality Tear: High-damage spells that rip through the fabric of reality, potentially causing AoE damage.
  • Crowd Control: Magic excels at controlling large groups or halting enemy actions:

• Binding Glyph: Temporarily roots or immobilizes enemies in a fixed area.
    • Time Freeze: Pauses a group of enemies briefly, stopping their actions but not making them vulnerable (good for strategic positioning).
    • Polymorph: Transforming enemies into weaker creatures for a short period.
    • Gravity Well: Creates a magical vortex that pulls in enemies, slowing or immobilizing them within a certain radius.
  • Support: Magic can be used to strengthen allies or weaken enemies indirectly:

• Arcane Shielding: Summons protective barriers that absorb damage for teammates.
    • Healing Runes: Lay down zones that heal allies over time.
    • Mana Transfer: Redirect magical energy to replenish resources for allies.
    • Warding Totem: A stationary magical totem that gives allies buffs like increased resistance to debuffs or damage.

2. What makes this different than what already exists?

Magic offers a layer of versatility that can differentiate it from more traditional damage sets or control sets. Here's how:

• Ranged Damage: Instead of focusing solely on direct damage like many other ranged classes, magic allows for effects like DoT (Damage over Time) combined with secondary effects. For example, a spell that both deals damage and weakens the enemy's resistances, creating opportunities for multi-class synergy.

Distinction: Many ranged sets rely purely on energy or projectile mechanics (bullets, lasers), but magic can have manipulative effects like void attacks that ignore armor or mana-based attacks that drain resources.

• Crowd Control: While other classes might use brute force to knock back or stun enemies, magic could emphasize control through debilitation or status effects. Spells like gravity wells or time manipulation offer strategic battlefield manipulation that purely physical or elemental classes can't replicate.

Distinction: Instead of just disabling or stunning, magic could warp space, alter movement mechanics, or even force enemy behavior changes (e.g., mind control or fear effects).

• Support: Rather than just healing or shielding like other support sets, magic allows for esoteric buffs (e.g., increasing ally resistances, granting temporary invulnerability to status effects, or redirecting damage).

Distinction: The variety of support options extends into different kinds of buffs, debuffs, and resource management, allowing a magical support player to be more proactive in combat. For example, they could cast power-enhancing buffs or damage reflection barriers.

3. What do you expect them to look like?

Visually, magic powers should stand out from the more traditional abilities like elemental manipulation or mechanical weaponry.

• Visuals:
    • Ethereal and Otherworldly: You might expect bright, swirling runes, ancient glyphs appearing mid-air, portals, or shifting energies that seem to bend reality. Magic should feel as though it’s drawing from hidden or ancient forces, with a mystical or arcane aesthetic.
    • Colors and Animations: Deep purples, glowing whites, spectral greens, and arcane blue colors are common for magic sets, with animations like arcane circles, shifting light, or even cracks in reality forming when powerful spells are cast.
    • Time Manipulation and Space-Warping: Spells involving slowing enemies, freezing them in time, or distorting their perception could have reality-bending effects, like trails of afterimages, glitched animations, or gravity-bending visual effects.

4. What kind of damage type are they?

The damage type for a magic set would likely be Arcane, with some spells delving into unique effects like:

• Pure Arcane Damage: Damage that is not elemental or physical, bypassing typical resistances like armor or energy barriers. This would make arcane damage unique in how it interacts with different enemies.
  • Temporal Damage: Causing DoT effects or health degeneration by aging the target or reversing their biological processes.
  • Curses and Hexes: While dealing direct damage, curses may also debilitate enemies (e.g., lowering defense, slowing movement, or weakening their attacks).
  • Void or Spectral Damage: Energy drawn from other planes of existence, possibly causing true damage (damage that ignores all defenses) or interacting with enemies that are normally immune to physical or elemental damage.

5. Why do we need an arcane magic set for a superhero MMORPG (focused on Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, or Support)?

Uniqueness in Gameplay

• Versatile Playstyle: An arcane magic set would offer players a balance between ranged damage, crowd control, and support within a single set. Magic inherently allows for flexibility: players can choose to focus on damage in one scenario, shift to controlling enemies in another, or even act as a healer/buffer if the need arises. No other set can so seamlessly integrate these diverse roles.

Strategic Gameplay

• Depth and Tactical Utility: Magic would emphasize strategy over brute force, rewarding players for managing multiple effects at once—DoTs, debuffs, buffs, and crowd control. A magic user could manipulate the battlefield to their advantage in ways that a straight DPS class or pure controller couldn’t. This would offer a higher skill ceiling, making it ideal for players who enjoy complex, multi-faceted gameplay.

Synergistic Potential

• Cross-Class Synergies: A magic class can interact in unique ways with other damage types and roles. For example, a hex-based debuff could make enemies more vulnerable to physical or elemental attacks, or a magical buff could make allies temporarily immune to certain status effects. This cross-class synergy creates new tactical combinations that enhance team play.

Lore and Theme

• Immersion and Fantasy: Arcane magic provides a deep sense of immersion and storytelling potential. The idea of mastering ancient, forbidden knowledge or tapping into the primal forces of the universe resonates with players who want a more mythic, fantasy-inspired experience in a superhero world. It could also tie deeply into the game’s lore, introducing elements like ancient orders, magical factions, or relics.
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Moose 1

1. What powers are you looking for in the "magic" set? (Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, or Support)

• Ranged Damage: Magic can offer various ranged attacks that go beyond the traditional energy bolts or fireballs. You might have:

• Mana Storm: A concentrated barrage of magical energy that deals damage over time (DoT) in an area.
    • Spectral Blasts: Phasing through terrain or enemies, ignoring some forms of defense.
    • Reality Tear: High-damage spells that rip through the fabric of reality, potentially causing AoE damage.
  • Crowd Control: Magic excels at controlling large groups or halting enemy actions:

• Time Freeze: Pauses a group of enemies briefly, stopping their actions but not making them vulnerable (good for strategic positioning).
    • Gravity Well: Creates a magical vortex that pulls in enemies, slowing or immobilizing them within a certain radius.

• Arcane Shielding: Summons protective barriers that absorb damage for teammates.
    • Warding Totem: A stationary magical totem that gives allies buffs like increased resistance to debuffs or damage.

KingCeddd03 thought powersets came with 12 powers too 🤔

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

14 minutes ago, arcane said:

I suspect he is also Webmaxx3 🤭

• Haha 2
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 2

2. What makes this different than what already exists?

Magic offers a layer of versatility that can differentiate it from more traditional damage sets or control sets. Here's how:

• Ranged Damage: Instead of focusing solely on direct damage like many other ranged classes, magic allows for effects like DoT (Damage over Time) combined with secondary effects. For example, a spell that both deals damage and weakens the enemy's resistances, creating opportunities for multi-class synergy.

Distinction: Many ranged sets rely purely on energy or projectile mechanics (bullets, lasers), but magic can have manipulative effects like void attacks that ignore armor or mana-based attacks that drain resources.

• Crowd Control: While other classes might use brute force to knock back or stun enemies, magic could emphasize control through debilitation or status effects. Spells like gravity wells or time manipulation offer strategic battlefield manipulation that purely physical or elemental classes can't replicate.

Distinction: Instead of just disabling or stunning, magic could warp space, alter movement mechanics, or even force enemy behavior changes (e.g., mind control or fear effects).

• Support: Rather than just healing or shielding like other support sets, magic allows for esoteric buffs (e.g., increasing ally resistances, granting temporary invulnerability to status effects, or redirecting damage).

Distinction: The variety of support options extends into different kinds of buffs, debuffs, and resource management, allowing a magical support player to be more proactive in combat. For example, they could cast power-enhancing buffs or damage reflection barriers.

3. What do you expect them to look like?

Visually, magic powers should stand out from the more traditional abilities like elemental manipulation or mechanical weaponry.

• Visuals:
    • Ethereal and Otherworldly: You might expect bright, swirling runes, ancient glyphs appearing mid-air, portals, or shifting energies that seem to bend reality. Magic should feel as though it’s drawing from hidden or ancient forces, with a mystical or arcane aesthetic.
    • Colors and Animations: Deep purples, glowing whites, spectral greens, and arcane blue colors are common for magic sets, with animations like arcane circles, shifting light, or even cracks in reality forming when powerful spells are cast.
    • Time Manipulation and Space-Warping: Spells involving slowing enemies, freezing them in time, or distorting their perception could have reality-bending effects, like trails of afterimages, glitched animations, or gravity-bending visual effects.

4. What kind of damage type are they?

The damage type for a magic set would likely be Arcane, with some spells delving into unique effects like:

• Pure Arcane Damage: Damage that is not elemental or physical, bypassing typical resistances like armor or energy barriers. This would make arcane damage unique in how it interacts with different enemies.
  • Temporal Damage: Causing DoT effects or health degeneration by aging the target or reversing their biological processes.
  • Curses and Hexes: While dealing direct damage, curses may also debilitate enemies (e.g., lowering defense, slowing movement, or weakening their attacks).
  • Void or Spectral Damage: Energy drawn from other planes of existence, possibly causing true damage (damage that ignores all defenses) or interacting with enemies that are normally immune to physical or elemental damage.

5. Why do we need an arcane magic set for a superhero MMORPG (focused on Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, or Support)?

Uniqueness in Gameplay

• Versatile Playstyle: An arcane magic set would offer players a balance between ranged damage, crowd control, and support within a single set. Magic inherently allows for flexibility: players can choose to focus on damage in one scenario, shift to controlling enemies in another, or even act as a healer/buffer if the need arises. No other set can so seamlessly integrate these diverse roles.

Strategic Gameplay

• Depth and Tactical Utility: Magic would emphasize strategy over brute force, rewarding players for managing multiple effects at once—DoTs, debuffs, buffs, and crowd control. A magic user could manipulate the battlefield to their advantage in ways that a straight DPS class or pure controller couldn’t. This would offer a higher skill ceiling, making it ideal for players who enjoy complex, multi-faceted gameplay.

Synergistic Potential

• Cross-Class Synergies: A magic class can interact in unique ways with other damage types and roles. For example, a hex-based debuff could make enemies more vulnerable to physical or elemental attacks, or a magical buff could make allies temporarily immune to certain status effects. This cross-class synergy creates new tactical combinations that enhance team play.

Lore and Theme

• Immersion and Fantasy: Arcane magic provides a deep sense of immersion and storytelling potential. The idea of mastering ancient, forbidden knowledge or tapping into the primal forces of the universe resonates with players who want a more mythic, fantasy-inspired experience in a superhero world. It could also tie deeply into the game’s lore, introducing elements like ancient orders, magical factions, or relics.

What this post tells me is that you don't seem to understand what City of Heroes/Villains *is*. You're asking for stuff that already exists in the game, but for some reason you're so desperate for it to say "magic," which has been explained in ad nauseam for why you won't be seeing this.

Not to mention, you're looking for this to all be entirely one powerset? I can't see that happening. You're not going to get a blast, control, and support all in one powerset. Again, it seems you lack a fundamental idea of how this game works.

Powersets offering things like debuffs, buffs, DoT's, etc. already exist in this game. Nothing about what you've posted is unique other than your feeling the need to slap the magicky terminology in there instead of making this game's already wildly open and free concepts work to what you want. Just say CoX isn't for you and find a game that fits within what you're looking for--this is not a fantasy game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

57 minutes ago, arcane said:

And asked for those specific powers and that specific damage type. And fails to have punctuation and the correspoding capitalization in the same manner. Makes the exact same arguments. Posts multiple pictures without explanation in the same way. And gee....

(Edit: Oh yeah, and wants new damage type that has no resistances in the game, And calls for adding secondaries to paired with damage exactly like it already is in multiple powers sets that already exist like it doing -DEF as well as its damage just like Radiation Blast does. Or attacks that drain resources like how Electrical Blast does. Wants the magic set to ignore target armor just like KingCedd03 does. Using debilitation and status effects to control the battle like other sets do. Wants gravity and time powers as if they don't already exist, calling it the province of magic just like KingCedd03 does. How long should I make this list anyway?)

(Edit again: I mean, I know @Luminara said that people have distinctive writing styles and mannerisms that makes them identifiable on the forums. But I never really believed it until now.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

At first, I was going to commend you for actually going into detail unlike most other threads on the topic but then I got to this part...

2 hours ago, Wingslord24 said:

Uniqueness in Gameplay

Strategic Gameplay

Synergistic Potential

Lore and Theme

... and I was like "ohhhh ChatGPT. Got it."

Honestly should've caught it sooner since the post suggested a bunch of mechanics that already exist as if they're groundbreaking new ideas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

19 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I mean, I know @Luminara said that people have distinctive writing styles and mannerisms that makes them identifiable on the forums. But I never really believed it until now.

Everyone thinks I'm just a cat.gif bot.  I'm used to it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

At first, I was going to commend you for actually going into detail unlike most other threads on the topic but then I got to this part...

... and I was like "ohhhh ChatGPT. Got it."

Honestly should've caught it sooner since the post suggested a bunch of mechanics that already exist as if they're groundbreaking new ideas.

I wish I would have realized this was an AI generated post. I'm so not familiar with how things like ChatGPT work as I've never dabbled in them, but that would explain why the post is written the way it is and why it comes across exactly like you said: like these are groundbreaking new ideas and behaving as if they don't already exist in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1

13 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I wish I would have realized this was an AI generated post.

Post is perfectly formatted, uses punctuation correctly, displays impeccable grammar.  Kind of a giant, flashing neon sign in this case.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

And of course the mods can see the IP address that the post was made from.

But you already knew that, don't you, Arcane?

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.