Use gold titles for more then just costume contest winners

Laucianna

26 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

I get that hence why I am not saying everyone gets one, it will be 100% up to the Homecoming team on who gets one and who doesn't (Exactly as it is atm as custom perma gold titles already exist out there) But just for some consideration towards people who keep server events running too, giving people things to do as I have seen the effects on a server when there are no event leaders how it gets a lot harder to form them ❤️  

Right but the suggestion was to have a form that anyone can request a gold title.  I don't think that's necessary or a good idea.  It's just one more thing for the HC team to look after. 

I don't know about anyone else, but getting a round of "thank you" from a league goes a long way.  Every Saturday night there's tons of people thanking @Kalikamata in League and Broadcast chat for hosting the SNS on Torch.  That's more meaningful to me and shows more appreciation than a gold title does. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Right but the suggestion was to have a form that anyone can request a gold title.  I don't think that's necessary or a good idea.  It's just one more thing for the HC team to look after. 

I don't know about anyone else, but getting a round of "thank you" from a league goes a long way.  Every Saturday night there's tons of people thanking @Kalikamata in League and Broadcast chat for hosting the SNS on Torch.  That's more meaningful to me and shows more appreciation than a gold title does. 

That's why I posted here so others can suggest what might work better and if the Homecoming team see this they can pick which one they like the most if they want 🙂 Like Okie's idea where you can get credit for leading things and get a gold title from Luna, although it does take away from the more personal touch that I would hope for from the Homecoming team could still be a good addition ❤️

And the thank yous mean a ton to me too when I get them 🥰 But those are from the community where as this would be a sign of recognition from the Homecoming team themselves!

• Like 2

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

I wonder whatever happened to the Community Helper role? As far as I know, that never got going and that process was very similar to what we're discussing here.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

27 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

I wonder whatever happened to the Community Helper role? As far as I know, that never got going and that process was very similar to what we're discussing here.

I am not sure, I have noticed all the people I used to see as Community reps are now all "Retired" which makes me think it is no longer a thing for some reason

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

• Retired Community Rep
17 hours ago, Laucianna said:

It's not a perfect solution but I am happy to hear how it can be more fair ❤️ I think @Americas Angel's suggestion is a great improvement on what I initially posted for instance 🙂

Thinking on it more. I'd say if a player account is >1 year old  then players should just be able to set their own gold title.

It can come with a popup warning that lists what is/isn't allowed. Similar to how we have rules for character names in the TOS.

Seems like the easiest way to implement something like this without giving GMs piles of work.

9 hours ago, Laucianna said:

I am not sure, I have noticed all the people I used to see as Community reps are now all "Retired" which makes me think it is no longer a thing for some reason

I retired the CR role last year due to finding it stressful. (Roleplayers be crazy. Lol.)

As for the other CRs, the CR program was shut down a few months after the licensing agreement earlier this year. Can read the full details here:

Edited by Americas Angel
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

• Retired Community Rep

Well, it's maybe not ALL the details, but. 🙂

I think the Community Helper role is very present in this community, there are lots of us, just none that are officially recognized as such. Community Liasons, aka Reps, have been decommissioned, but really, as I put in the post, anyone can do an event and request gold titles as a reward.

I personally do not love the idea of gold titles being something any and everyone can make for themselves. I mean, we can already title ourselves; perhaps those titles could be expanded, but a gold title has always been an award for something, be it an outstanding base or an outstanding costume, or attendance at a noteworthy event. I know other games have also had titles that were earned for helpers, but I also know that some people are much more interested in the title than in actually helping people, and so it went poorly in that instance. However, it would be cool to have titles for specific sorts of help, such as "Base Helper", "RP Helper", "Build Helper", "Content Helper", "Market Helper" etc. And maybe an "AMA" title for those well versed in all of those things and more. But being able to create gold titles at will would take away all the meaning of the ones that were earned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I dunno about all this...

Thing is, Gold Titles have some kind of intrinsic value due to their rarity. You see that someone has one, and it's like "Ooh, shiny! Me want!". If the Devs/GMs/whatever gave titles to everyone who wanted them, they'd no longer stand out, and would lose that "value".

Though I wouldn't argue with them running more events/chances to earn those titles. Just don't think they should be obligated to treat them like Oprah handing out bees.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Americas Angel said:

As for the other CRs, the CR program was shut down a few months after the licensing agreement earlier this year. Can read the full details here:

This helped clear a lot of things up so thank you! 💛 Seems like since becoming official at least there might have been requirements of people officially recognized (Like training) as part of the Homecoming team which CRs slightly fell under, and the team would rather focus on the game itself then company training (Which is a good thing 😄)

4 hours ago, Dacy said:

I personally do not love the idea of gold titles being something any and everyone can make for themselves. I mean, we can already title ourselves; perhaps those titles could be expanded, but a gold title has always been an award for something, be it an outstanding base or an outstanding costume, or attendance at a noteworthy event.

50 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Gold Titles have some kind of intrinsic value due to their rarity

I am not overly a fan of everyone getting a title due to what EmperorSteele pointed out, they have a rarity to them and as Syndrome points out, once everyone has them then no one will have them 😄 Being fully up front here it's no secret I have desired a "Goddess of Kheldians" title for a while now, but whether or not I get that title will not affect anything I run and help with as Dacy put kindly in her post that AA linked, as it's not the title that allows you or forces you to run these events but the fact we enjoy running these events and helping people without any benefit to ourselves (I know the raids/trials technically give me a bit of influence but I put that influence back into the community with investments into Kheldian toons or costume contests (Or if someone really wants a 250 aether costume))

For me the Gold titles (Perma ones at least) are a sign of recognition from the Homecoming team that do not carry the legal issues of a possible CR role, and although it is not needed it is still nice to be recognized for the things you do 💛

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

I got a gold title once. It happily reminds me every time I play the character of the fun Halloween event ran back in 2020 where they swapped all the trainers around and the HC Team had players search for the new trainer location like a huge hide and seek game. And I love Halloween too!

But if everyone got a gold title, I wouldn't care and it wouldn't decrease the value of my experience that the gold title was granted for. 

21 hours ago, Laucianna said:

And the thank yous mean a ton to me too when I get them 🥰 But those are from the community where as this would be a sign of recognition from the Homecoming team themselves!

Yes I understand that.  Recognition from the HC team for what though?  They don't need us here.  This server is theirs and will go on whether any of us are here or not.  This suggestion would make more sense were the game still a commercial venture where a healthy and active player base is essential to keeping the money flowing in to fund development.  I'm not at all suggesting that the HC folks are callous and don't care about the community.  I'm sure they do care, so please don't take what I'm saying as such.

From my own personal experience, there are a great many people forming teams regularly, helping out fellow players with all kinds of things, devoting their free time to building things for others to use, helping show others the ropes and such.  What does the gold title do for them anyway?

If we're going to be handing out gold titles for things like that, then may as well hand out a gold title to everyone.  Again, personally I can appreciate and agree with the sentiment behind the idea.  I just don't see it being something worth implementing. 

I much prefer the idea others have suggested to making these into badges that can be earned rather than gold titles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I do a lot for the RP community and I don't think gold titles are really required to show that or even stand out if anything I think there's more value and worth in doing the deed and telling the tale about it than holding a title for it and forgetting the work that comes with it. That's not to say CRs are not fitting for the community but it is to say it's easy to lost in the idea of Glory associated with a gold title.

I've had numerous groups of people tell me that I should actually qualify as a community rep and every time it came up I pointed out that my work my efforts are something anyone can do if they had the knowledge and the patience. A title isn't required.

• Thumbs Up 3

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

1 hour ago, Excraft said:

Recognition from the HC team for what though?  They don't need us here.

This is a 100% true statement and I am not disputing this at all, this is simply a suggestion of recognition the same as people who have a great costume or join in an event have 💛 In no way am I suggesting or hinting that unless leaders get gold titles they are all going to leave and the game will die 😄

11 minutes ago, Crystal Dragon said:

I don't think gold titles are really required to show that or even stand out if anything I think there's more value and worth in doing the deed and telling the tale about it than holding a title for it and forgetting the work that comes with it.

Again I am not suggesting these titles must be given to leaders, just suggesting that they expand what they deem as worthy of that title slightly to players who run a lot of events that help keep the game alive 💛

13 minutes ago, Crystal Dragon said:

I've had numerous groups of people tell me that I should actually qualify as a community rep and every time it came up I pointed out that my work my efforts are something anyone can do if they had the knowledge and the patience. A title isn't required.

This is also very true, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing what Verecor did, what Okie does, or what you and I do and a title is not required to do that and this is not suggesting that you need a title to run them 💛

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

44 minutes ago, Davy said:

I could see this developing into a culture of 'haves and have nots' based on a popularity contest.

I can see the worry of that yeah 💛 Would hate for it to develop into that

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️