Insperations :)

JJDrakken

1. First off, on H.C. folks seem to hoard them like end of world is coming, lol.  Seems no one wants to use em(Least of late).

2. Also I've come across a lot folks who don't even know you can combine 3 of a kind.  Y'all need stop hoarding that information, lol.  I know we've gotten a lot influx of late of new faces and returning who may of left before combine 3 of a kind or just don't remember.

3. Back on live on Virtue.  The fairly active and group I ran with and many others I've come across on there, had slang for em. We called em Our Candies. lol.

1. Red = Cherry Rush

2. Purple = Grape Drank

3. Blue = Blueberry Bombs

4. Orange = Orange Crush

5. Yellow = Banana Blitz

6. Green = Sour Apple Suckers

7. Break frees = Mint Drops

8. Wakies = Liquorice(Black). Cuz that shit will wake anyone up, lol 🙂

Did ya'll have any slang for stuff like that with folks you knew back then.

• Like 1

Regarding inspirations I generally refer to their color alone except resurrection which are wakies.  Break Free regardless of tier is break free.

As for not using them.  Well the game is easier so there's that.  and a lot of sets are more powerful than they used to be or should be so there's that.  I almost always sell all orange, red, yellow inspirations, regardless of size.  generally maintain a lot of purple and green and for my endurance abusers blue.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Maelwys said:

We used to call them "Skittles".

image.thumb.jpeg.e78478eabdd64c6e9ab05379f0bd738a.jpeg

TASTE THE RAINBOW DAMMIT

Oh I can one up that!

FreezeDriedSkittles.jpg?v=1604508539

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

1. First off, on H.C. folks seem to hoard them like end of world is coming, lol.  Seems no one wants to use em(Least of late).

2. Also I've come across a lot folks who don't even know you can combine 3 of a kind.  Y'all need stop hoarding that information, lol.  I know we've gotten a lot influx of late of new faces and returning who may of left before combine 3 of a kind or just don't remember.

3. Back on live on Virtue.  The fairly active and group I ran with and many others I've come across on there, had slang for em. We called em Our Candies. lol.

1. Red = Cherry Rush

2. Purple = Grape Drank

3. Blue = Blueberry Bombs

4. Orange = Orange Crush

5. Yellow = Banana Blitz

6. Green = Sour Apple Suckers

7. Break frees = Mint Drops

8. Wakies = Liquorice(Black). Cuz that shit will wake anyone up, lol 🙂

My favorite AT lately is Blasters.  When I pop out of a mission I open Auction ( /Macro AH AH = one button AH to do so) and load out.  3-4 greens depending on primary.  Dark needs just 3. 3-4 break frees depending on content/level.  4-6 purples.  1 lg blue, for emergencies.  the rest is reds.  Almost all of these are mediums, and I keep bids filled so I can load and go.  

Downside, between doing this and being a flyer I tend to be slightly later in than the fastest team members.  But my Blasters usually end up at the front of the pack knocking stuff down so the team keeps rolling on.

@JJDrakken It is troo I don't really use inspirations on the regular. I use the P2W decline inspiration options for smalls and rezs.

If blues or yellows start piling up I will combine 3 for a breakfree or rez.

A character built well might not need inspirations often.

Maybe I should make a natural character that pounds candy flavored supplements they developed to achieve somewhat super human powers.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

They were called Inspirations back then and still are now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I try to keep a couple of Wakies and Breakfrees handy, in case of emergency.
Reds, Yellows, Oranges, and Purples tend to get used as soon as they drop. I might hang onto a few if I know a tough Boss is coming up.
Mostly, I just let the tray fill up with Blues and Greens, because when I need those...I tend to need a lot of them in a hurry. 😄 

They may be common, but it doesn't mean that you will get what you want from a random drop.

I usually, at lower levels, try to start with a heal and then I get what I get.  I use them if I need to, but I won't just pop things that I might need later for no reason.  Boss coming up?  Why burn the to-hit and/or damage to clear trash slightly faster?  But then if I am in a group and the boss is melting anyway, I still might not use them.
I'd rather vendor them or save them for later than waste them.  Down the road I'll have room for a lot more and might want to load up some bigs before starting some TF or whatever.

And I, and the three other people I used to play with semi-regularly back in the day  called them candy but that was it.  No individual names, just a collective term.  "I need to eat some candy" or "Boss time.  Eat your candy".  Stuff like that.

Edit:  And sometimes "Chiclets".

Edited by OEM61

On 10/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, JJDrakken said:

Comments made on these forums in years past suggest a percentage of these hoarders actually consider using inspirations to be "weakness" and apparently feel they're so much more macho than the average player by never using them.  I'm not really sure how they intend to show off this, uhh...ruggedness... as the inspiration tray is only visible to them, but to each his, her, or small furry creature from Alpha Centauri's own.