Resurrecting a legend.....The return of TurtleMan!

Coin

Well, ok, a legend in his own mind anyway ;)

I'm going to try again on a concept I had back on live that I never really got chance to do much with as I only started him a month or two before the close down.

I created a character called TurtleMan as a challenge to myself, basically that of getting him to lvl 50....without ever actually levelling up! This means no visiting a trainer ever, no access to TF's and the like, no extensive defenses or even just access to more than 3 inspirations!

The challenge was to see how I could get him up to 50 with just the basic powers you get as a level 1. He's a Shield/Mace tanker so he just has a shield and his trusty mace....well, it's a manhole cover and a shovel, but hey, give him points for trying at least. :D

I've decided to allow him to access the P2W for the basic things like Reveal and the base buffs, plus the inspirations . I'm still deciding if I should allow things like Sand's of Mu, Nemesis Staff etc and also the buff pets and I'd like peoples opinions on if they should be allowed. My main worry is how much use he would be to a team without them!

I will allow things i can buy with influence though, especially anything that lets me travel around faster so I don't slow down teams too much

So, if you see a tiny little green fellow with a shovel and a manhole cover, feel free to drop him an invite to your team, he's very keen to help his fellow heroes in the struggle.....FOR JUSTICE! ;)

have a macro / text editor with the explanation available to copy / paste.

Knowing what he is doing and why, hell...I would let him on a team with me in a heart beat....just to see him try and survive, lol. He would earn decent xp too. Sadly though, I level with TF's. I'm a TF Junkie, so chances are we won't be hanging out.

So, just ran my first DFB with him, went well, no deaths, but I'm definitely going to take the P2W attacks, just because with only one attack, I'm literally stood around half the time waiting for my only attack to recharge! :D

Also many thanks to

Healer Grey

Dinwoodie

Lil Bic

Thunder Lord

Solar - Flare

Blast Cannon

Tricobalt

For helping me out in my first ever team up on the journey :)

I'd love to have you on any team I ran, like Solarverse said, to try to keep you alive and see if there was anything you could do.

So don't be shy in the LFG channel, I'm sure folks who care will keep an eye out for you. But the most important thing is, don't be discouraged by blow back that you get, there will be plenty of people who dig your vibe. You just have to be patient.

I hate to give you a challenge breaking suggestion (because this might make your journey too easy/short). Go to PI and get in on Radio mission groups led by someone who supports your quest (it won't be hard to find them). You will rocket to 50 and probably faster than even DFB would have done.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Yeah more than anything it sounds boring to play, but if you allow Sands, brawl and Nem Staff you're talking :)

Take 2xXP form the P2Win vendor. It won't change the challenge, just make things go a little (twice) faster :)

Report here in a while o how it's going for you!

Well, this is why it's a challenge. Not so much the levelling, more the fun of trying to find a team I can still be useful on :D

With those restrictions being useful is out the window, you are shooting for comic relief, and honestly, Id bring you along just for fun... not like a team of 7 isnt exactly as effective as a team of 8 so one player being afk (or in your case simulating a player effectiveness while afk  ;)) would be entertaining to watch run around and try to shovel mobs to death with his one attack.

Well, this is why it's a challenge. Not so much the levelling, more the fun of trying to find a team I can still be useful on :D

That isn't a challenge because there is no team you will be useful on.

There's two real options here:

1) Call it a 'challenge' - which means probably leveling solo. There's no challenge to getting carried by groups who will be doing all the work for you and basically farming exp for you.

2) Group up to level, in which case it isn't' a challenge, so much as just a funny concept.

That isn't a challenge because there is no team you will be useful on.

There's two real options here:

1) Call it a 'challenge' - which means probably leveling solo. There's no challenge to getting carried by groups who will be doing all the work for you and basically farming exp for you.

2) Group up to level, in which case it isn't' a challenge, so much as just a funny concept.

I dunno, I still felt useful in the team earlier, even it was somewhat slower than normal, I still managed to do some damage so I was contributing rather than door sitting and sucking up free XP. If I wanted to do that, I'd just PL to 50 but that's not what I want.

No sands of mu etc!!! that would ruin it.

meh, too late, already took them. I had to do it. With one slow attack, I really did feel like I was dead weight most of the time, at least now I can at least add a couple of attacks in there without levelling up :)