Snow covered ground? (thread title changed from 'linking salvage racks')

I'm new to basebuilding, having built my first ever base for my personal SG this weekend. I wondered if there was a means of somehow connecting the salvage racks to the invention table, so that salvage would be available for use directly in the invention table without my having to manually visit each rack to remove the salvage. It's not a major issue, as I only have a few racks with salvage in them, but given my relative ignorance of the vast amount of base building parts I thought I'd at least check to see if there was something available that would make that work.

Also, is it possible to increase the plot size of my base without disturbing what I have already built? I used the smallest plot possible because I wanted a minimalist base, but I am thinking of adding a big "outdoor" room to serve as a kind of quiet getaway spot. Ideally it would be a winter forest, not unlike the snowy zone that Null the Gull can transport you to, just without all the gaudy christmas stuff. I assume it's possible to make such a thing but I feel like I'd need a bigger plot to make it work right.

I'm new to basebuilding, having built my first ever base for my personal SG this weekend. I wondered if there was a means of somehow connecting the salvage racks to the invention table, so that salvage would be available for use directly in the invention table without my having to manually visit each rack to remove the salvage. It's not a major issue, as I only have a few racks with salvage in them, but given my relative ignorance of the vast amount of base building parts I thought I'd at least check to see if there was something available that would make that work.

+1 to this

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Follow up question: I upgraded my plot last night and added my big "outdoor" room but I don't see any "snow" floor tiles. I see several grass options but I was hoping for something with snow to go with a winter theme. Am I just missing them or is snow-covered ground not an option? I found the falling snow flakes effects but that was as close as I got.

Follow up question: I upgraded my plot last night and added my big "outdoor" room but I don't see any "snow" floor tiles. I see several grass options but I was hoping for something with snow to go with a winter theme. Am I just missing them or is snow-covered ground not an option? I found the falling snow flakes effects but that was as close as I got.

This and Lava surfaces are what im waiting for as well. Hopefully in the next patch they will answer our prayers *hint hint nudge nudge*

This and Lava surfaces are what im waiting for as well. Hopefully in the next patch they will answer our prayers *hint hint nudge nudge*

Lava you can get away with by coloring the muddy water surfaces a reddish/orange color and adding in flame effects.  Not perfect, but it does work.  I did this for a base that I built.  Will try to post some photos of it.

Lava you can get away with by coloring the muddy water surfaces a reddish/orange color and adding in flame effects.  Not perfect, but it does work.  I did this for a base that I built.  Will try to post some photos of it.

meh. I still feel we need a true dedicated lava texture