"Respec Mode" in Pine's Hero Designer?

Extor Prime

This may win the daft question of the day award.

Is there a way to toggle "respec mode" in Pine's so slots can be placed and moved willy-nilly without regard for level, as if you were respec'ing in the game? Turning off "slot levels" does not help as it just turns off the display of slot levels, not placement rules.

It's driving me up the wall.

Just went messing around in the app and I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Even in respect mode it's (from what I understand) not doing what you Think it's doing. It's actually recording what order you place them in, but not making you swap between powers/slots constantly. If you were to SK down, then you'll feel the effects of this. That's why people who do that are very careful with how they slot in a respec. In the app you Can choose all the powers first and then the slots. Also, I think there's a respec helper tool that prints things out in a way that you can more easily see when you took what wrt to slots as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Just went messing around in the app and I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Even in respect mode it's (from what I understand) not doing what you Think it's doing. It's actually recording what order you place them in, but not making you swap between powers/slots constantly. If you were to SK down, then you'll feel the effects of this. That's why people who do that are very careful with how they slot in a respec. In the app you Can choose all the powers first and then the slots. Also, I think there's a respec helper tool that prints things out in a way that you can more easily see when you took what wrt to slots as well.

But enhancement order doesn’t matter when you Examplar.  It just weakens the effect of all your enhancements on any powers still available to you at your level.  Power order matters, not enhancement order.

EDIT:  I am only talking about game, not Pines.  I only use it for Medicinal Purposes....I mean to preplan my build

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

This may win the daft question of the day award.

Is there a way to toggle "respec mode" in Pine's so slots can be placed and moved willy-nilly without regard for level, as if you were respec'ing in the game? Turning off "slot levels" does not help as it just turns off the display of slot levels, not placement rules.

It's driving me up the wall.

Short: no.

Probably a good thing though, as it teaches us to build not just for end game, but to build so the toon is viable as you play the game.

Workaround: dynamic. This setting allows you to choose powers and slots out of order.

Will note that pine's has a limitation in that during a respec, you can basically shove all the slots you want in the last few powers, while in Pine's, there is an actual limit. I've had one or two builds that depended very heavily on the final epic powers in a way that was possible in-game but that pine's screamed bloody murder about until I moved some high slotted pool powers to earlier in the build.

It's not a big issue, as SwitchFade points out, it reminded me that while exemping I probably wanted that pool power earlier anyway. But it is worth noting.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

The issue you're discussing basically stems from a change that was made post-launch, among the "i25" changes.  In the original game you still had to assign the slots "in order" during a respec.  In theory, a toggle or something for this could be implemented with a bit of coding, but I'm not clear on how much access "we" have to the base code to change stuff like that in Pine's, so I'm not sure it's possible in reality. 

You might try asking about this in the main Pine's thread?

The issue you're discussing basically stems from a change that was made post-launch, among the "i25" changes.  In the original game you still had to assign the slots "in order" during a respec.  In theory, a toggle or something for this could be implemented with a bit of coding, but I'm not clear on how much access "we" have to the base code to change stuff like that in Pine's, so I'm not sure it's possible in reality. 

You might try asking about this in the main Pine's thread?

The OP did go to the Pine’s thread as well.  Admittedly the poster got more traction here.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Yep, the answer's "not a feature" in either thread, but here's to hoping it becomes a feature. There's not much value in the app "teaching" me anything (thankyouverymuch), but there's plenty in allowing me to emulate what actually happens in-game.