Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

New Link for web based installer/updater: should be updated as new updates are pushed.

https://imaginarydevelopment.github.io/imaginary-hero-designer/publish/publish.htm

Custom Installer Post is here:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,6298.msg54071.html#msg54071

Still a click-once installer :/ sorry to those that do not like default install locations. Might be able to fix that in the future.

Hello again everyone. Not a lot has changed in this version as far as the database goes, but lots internally and humanly!

Patch Notes for v 2.23

Added Mutual Exclusivity for Winter and ATOs normal and catalyzed versions.

You can now shift+click Mastermind summon pet powers to examine the pet's powers, and toggle on some of the effects. This is a beta feature and might be removed if problems arise.

Warshades can Eclipse and use forms now.

Khelds can pick up Flight and Teleport pools.

Maybe a few smaller things that I cannot remember.

What has changed is @Maslow has reached out and we are collaborating on getting this project into a github repository for more standardization and code control. He has done tons of work cleaning the code out and making it look pretty. Thank you very much Sir Maslow. He is also working towards getting a web-based auto updater implemented again.

Please bear with us as we work on our own internal teamwork and figure out how best to serve y'all.

• Thanks 7

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Weren't Kheldians (both PB and WS) blocked from taking Flight and Teleport pools anyway, or was this changed for homecoming thus your change?

Thanks for the update.  :D  Not sure if it's possible, but is there a way to apply individual booster effects on enhancements without boostering the entire planned build in one go?

Weren't Kheldians (both PB and WS) blocked from taking Flight and Teleport pools anyway, or was this changed for homecoming thus your change?

Thanks for the update.  :D  Not sure if it's possible, but is there a way to apply individual booster effects on enhancements without boostering the entire planned build in one go?

Yes. Right click on the enhancement in question and press + 5 times

• Thanks 1

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Wait... How do you +5 the whole build in one go?

And while I'm on "suggesting things that might already be there but I'm too dumb to find", could we have a setting to fill up every slot in a given power with a specific set in just one click? It's scary how much of my Homecoming Hero Designer (HH?) time is spent on clicking to add one IO, then clicking to add another IO of the same set, rinse repeat 5-6 times per power.

Am I missing something? I went to the link, downloaded the zip and extracted, ran setup.exe, and now there's a shortcut in my start menu but it doesn't do anything when you click on it. I can't find any files installed anywhere other than that single shortcut in the start menu.

Am I missing something? I went to the link, downloaded the zip and extracted, ran setup.exe, and now there's a shortcut in my start menu but it doesn't do anything when you click on it. I can't find any files installed anywhere other than that single shortcut in the start menu.

Same thing here.

Yep. Doesn't launch. Nothing there.

I am having the same issue with it not running after I install it on Windows 10 build 1809.

I also have a personal issue with the new installer not allowing me to target a location to install into.  Mid's and Pine's have always let me do so, and I have a specific folder that Game Utilities are installed into.  I honestly wouldn't have kept the update to this version just because of that, but I figured I would also state that I was having the same application error.

I managed to install the updated files correctly, or so I thought, but the version still read 2.22 in the titlebar, and the Warshade related issues that I was aware of still seemed present. I thought maybe, since I installed it to the existing, previous version hero designer folder, that I somehow still had the old application. Tried to run setup again, but it just quit out after the verification window popped up for 2 seconds.  I did a proper uninstall, got rid of extraneous files and ran the setup again, but it isn't installing the usable application files anymore.

Click Once might as well be a computer virus to me. I can't remember the last time it worked properly for me, heh. Not sure how to get this working, any ideas?

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

And while I'm on "suggesting things that might already be there but I'm too dumb to find", could we have a setting to fill up every slot in a given power with a specific set in just one click? It's scary how much of my Homecoming Hero Designer (HH?) time is spent on clicking to add one IO, then clicking to add another IO of the same set, rinse repeat 5-6 times per power.

There is a setting in the Configuration window. "Middle Click Repeats Last Enhancement" that will slot the next enhancement in the set for you.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Same thing here.

Yep. Doesn't launch. Nothing there.

I am having the same issue with it not running after I install it on Windows 10 build 1809.

I also have a personal issue with the new installer not allowing me to target a location to install into.  Mid's and Pine's have always let me do so, and I have a specific folder that Game Utilities are installed into.  I honestly wouldn't have kept the update to this version just because of that, but I figured I would also state that I was having the same application error.

Download.

Install.

Run.

Nothing happens.

Uninstall.

Download new.

Install.

Run.

Nothing happens.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Yeah, not being able to select the location directory is a no-no.

I'm getting an error that it requires one of the following versions of the .Net Framework: .NetFramework, Version=v4.7.2

It then asks me if I want to install it, which I say YES to, and then it installs and I reboot my computer. And I get the same error again when clicking setup...

EDIT:  2nd install of .Net Framework removed the error....Now I click the shortcut and get...Nothing...

I'm not sure what the executable is or where it's installed, so I can't check to see if it's even running in the background...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Yeah, not being able to select the location directory is a no-no.

That's the way the built-in .net installer works. It does not allow directory selection, nor is there any option for us to include it unfortunately. More information at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11209427/choose-install-path-for-clickonce-application-during-setup

There is a setting in the Configuration window. "Middle Click Repeats Last Enhancement" that will slot the next enhancement in the set for you.

Pretty good! Thanks.

Slots / Enhancements --> Set all Relative Levels to... -->  + 5 Levels

Perfect. Cheers :)

New bug. I made a zombie/dark MM and saved the file. When I load the file again, the zombie, grave knight and lich have been unslotted. The slots are still there with nothing in them.

I have tried reslotting everything, then deleting the file and resaving it with the same results.