Void Hunters

Fista

Have they been removed from the game? I have a lvl 30 PB and a lvl 18 WS and have yet to encounter any Voids or Cysts.

• Finland 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

They only spawn for groups that dont have a Quantum model.

Forget which those are off the top of my head.

Cysts I have wondered myself.

• Finland 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I believe that both Cysts and Voids were removed from the game.  There is mention of it in several threads, but nothing sourced (nothing on Paragon Wiki or the i25 Patch notes or the Homecoming Patch notes...

• Sad 1
  • Finland 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Never minded the void hunters.  They gave my banter binds actual purpose.  But gaah, those cysts were trouble.  You still run into old time cysts on some of Marcus Valerius's Cimerora radio style timed missions.  That's the only place I've seen them. 

All I've ever seen in ordinary content is quantums.  Some enemy groups seem to have nothing of the kind. 

• Finland 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I miss those cysts.  It was fun to run into something that was actually a surprise threat.  8)

Wouldn't mind having a "special enemies" type of difficulty setting that spawned stuff like Cysts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Finland 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Cysts were disabled entirely as a result of complaints by people who didn't like seeing them whenever they teamed with Kheldians. Void Hunters were to my knowledge; also disabled.

• Finland 1

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Well that's disappointing.  What are they gonna do next? Just put in a "win" button?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Finland 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Well that's disappointing.  What are they gonna do next? Just put in a "win" button?

This happened ages and ages ago. A lot of people did not like AV level objects surrounded by boss mobs intruding on their content because they teamed with a kheldian and were very loud about it on the forums until the devs felt pressured to remove everything but quantum gunners and shuffle the Void Hunters and Shadow Cysts off into some arcs and task forces mostly focused around them.

• Finland 1

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Khelds weren't, and still aren't, nearly powerful enough to justify massively-overtuned enemies spawning just to fight them. 

Would you bring tankers along if doing so spawned enemies that ignore defense/resistance?  Would you bring a controller if they had a "control-hunter" enemy type that shielded their spawn from debuffs and CC?  No, you wouldn't, because as soon as one of those anti-AT mobs showed up your new teammate would be actively detrimental to the group.

Putting deterrents to inviting players into a game that's balanced around teaming is just a stupid design paradigm.

• Like 2
  • Finland 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I got a tip mission that turned out to be an entire warehouse full of nothing but void hunters and cysts. Never seen it before, but it was pretty interesting. I wasn't playing as a Kheldian at the time so it didn't bother me, but imagine if I had been. *shudder*

• Finland 1

Khelds weren't, and still aren't, nearly powerful enough to justify massively-overtuned enemies spawning just to fight them.

Utter nonsense. Just means you can't just run willy nilly from group of badies to group of badies. OH NO! I have to put some thought into what I'm doing.

Would you bring tankers along if doing so spawned enemies that ignore defense/resistance?  Would you bring a controller if they had a "control-hunter" enemy type that shielded their spawn from debuffs and CC?  No, you wouldn't, because as soon as one of those anti-AT mobs showed up your new teammate would be actively detrimental to the group.

Putting deterrents to inviting players into a game that's balanced around teaming is just a stupid design paradigm.

This game hasn't been based around teaming since I5. Maybe earlier. All teaming does is allow you to level faster.  I mean c'mon. You can solo Task Forces.

• Finland 1

I'm unable to find anything that states that Voids were removed during live. I also can't find it for Homecoming although Voids and Cysts being removed seem pretty obvious.

• Finland 1

I would absolutely invite them! But I'm not nearly as whiny and pissy when things go sideways as I've noticed some people are. XP debt builds character.

• Finland 1

I would absolutely invite them! But I'm not nearly as whiny and pissy when things go sideways as I've noticed some people are. XP debt builds character.

Spot on MunkiLord.  And the poster you quoted is making the bad assumption that the only thing a Kheldian brings to a team is Quantum’s.  They call out the one negative and ignore all the good things that the AT brings

• Finland 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Utter nonsense. Just means you can't just run willy nilly from group of badies to group of badies. OH NO! I have to put some thought into what I'm doing.

Nice that you are psychic and know how other people play. Honestly sounds to me like you never ran into these enemies as a Kheldian yourself before. All the "putting thought into what I'm doing" in the world won't change the fact that these were enemies designed specifically to screw over an already sub-par AT. They weren't impossible to beat, sure. But they were a frustratingly inappropriate ramp up in difficulty for no good reason.

• Finland 1

Spot on MunkiLord.  And the poster you quoted is making the bad assumption that the only thing a Kheldian brings to a team is Quantum’s.  They call out the one negative and ignore all the good things that the AT brings

Kheldians do a lot of things, but there's nothing they do that another AT doesn't do better (and without the detriment of AT-hunter spawns).  DPS?  They have one of the lowest damage caps in the game.  Tank?  Lobster form is flatly inferior to brutes, nevermind tankers.  CC?  Oh please, a blaster does that better.

Jack of all trades, master of none.  It's not a bad assumption, it's stating facts.  I play a warshade knowing that no matter what I do, someone on my team will be making me redundant at it - even before the Quant shows up and oneshots me.

• Finland 1

And what are those good things? Sub par DPS? Sub par tanking? Sub par control? But not all at once even!

But, hey, when we can't justify the existence of overtuned mobs aimed at a weak AT, let's go and just start belittling the people who don't like them, right?

• Finland 1

Nice that you are psychic and know how other people play. Honestly sounds to me like you never ran into these enemies as a Kheldian yourself before. All the "putting thought into what I'm doing" in the world won't change the fact that these were enemies designed specifically to screw over an already sub-par AT. They weren't impossible to beat, sure. But they were a frustratingly inappropriate ramp up in difficulty for no good reason.

You spot a group. tab through them until you find the one you want. Cue attack of your choice. Kill special enemy. It's very easy. Heck after lvl 18 it's one two three. Cha, cha, cha. Identify, Energy flight, inner light, Cue up incandescent. Fly in, attack goes off, radiant and usually dead enemy. Very rarely will I need to follow up with something else. Yeah some times you miss and the get a shot off. And then it gets a little hairy but aside from checking groups I never really worry about them after about lvl 8 or 10. I've have never understood why everyone thinks they are a big deal. Sure they slow you down because you have to be a little careful in a game that doesn't often force you to do that. But otherwise... meh.

• Finland 1

You spot a group. tab through them until you find the one you want. Cue attack of your choice. Kill special enemy. It's very easy. Heck after lvl 18 it's one two three. Cha, cha, cha. Identify, Energy flight, inner light, Cue up incandescent. Fly in, attack goes off, radiant and usually dead enemy. Very rarely will I need to follow up with something else. Yeah some times you miss and the get a shot off. And then it gets a little hairy but aside from checking groups I never really worry about them after about lvl 8 or 10. I've have never understood why everyone thinks they are a big deal. Sure they slow you down because you have to be a little careful in a game that doesn't often force you to do that. But otherwise... meh.

Ah. Never played Kheldians long enough to encounter Voids above minion rank, then. Much less Cysts. Because you weren't one-shotting Boss or even Lt rank VH's as a Kheld.

• Finland 1

You can even set up a bind to lock onto a Quantumn, Void Hunter, or Cyst so you never miss one.

• Finland 1

I'm 99% sure that cysts weren't removed for the Kheldian's benefit but more because of the complaints of people who teamed with them and didn't like bumping into what amounted to a surprise object with AV grade durability that constantly spat out boss level Nictus mobs even after they were no longer teaming with said kheld. The quantum gunner just affects the Kheldian themselves and for non-Khelds they're usually less dangerous than the mobs they replaced. The Cysts in particular though; were hated because they were felt to punish the rest of the team for just having a Kheldian with them.

As for Void Hunters, I vaguely remember forum complaints about how they "leeched XP" when they spawned next to hostile factions like the Rikti or Devouring Earth and the two would fight.

• Finland 1