Ejecting someone from an SG base

The General

Getting ready to start my own supergroup, but one thing I had a hard time finding was how I would boot someone from the SG base if they started being toxic after getting invited.  It's not too hard to just /gkick, but what if they're on a team with someone in the base or entered via using the base code?  How do you eject those people from the base without having to change a setting that could kick anyone else?

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm not an expert on SG bases, but just something I observed in my own experience:  I was a guest in an SG base while on a team with members of the SG.  When the team leader left, the leadership defaulted to me.  A window popped up immediately trying to boot me to Atlas Park.  From what I could tell, I would remain in the base until I chose an Atlas Park instance to go to, and I could not get rid of the window (I could hit cancel, but it would pop right up again).  The only way I got rid of it and stayed in the base was by passing leadership to someone who was in the SG.

I can assume that if there was only one instance of Atlas Park, and there was no decision to be made, that I would have been immediately kicked out of the base as soon as I left the team/became team lead.  But as busy as AP is, you probably can't count on there being only one instance at the time you happen to want someone out of your base.  At least you can know that as long as they stay in your base, they'll get an annoying window popping up until they leave.

If there's no option to actually boot them from the base, you could always just put them on ignore (and get everyone on your SG to do likewise, at least those currently in the base).  People like that tend to get bored pretty quickly when they realize no one is paying them any attention.

Edited by Blackbird71

It'd be pretty hard (if not impossible) to prevent said person from being on a team and getting in. You only really have control over the general base permissions (members only, etc) and I 'think' changing the base code would work like changing the locks, but then you could never put that in the Base Codes thread, etc.

Beyond the "breaking the RP vibe" type stuff, unless they're somehow being abusive (aka: against the TOS), then there's not much beyond the /gignore you can do. Even if you Did this as a group, then you'd have to look-up every PUG based team mate that you join with...ever. Now THAT's a headache right there.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

In a lot of cases just their presence is the damage.  People can disrupt RP pretty easily by running around in circles and abusing broadcast and emotes, so I'm looking for a way to get them gone entirely.

/ignore is your friend in this case and changing the passcode for the base

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster