TW advice

Tankshock

My TiW scrapper is Willpower.  You're going to want all the recovery advantages you can get with TW.  Bio and Rad are also worth a look.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Between WP and Nin, I'd go WP just for the convenience of an aggro aura. With those slow TW animations you really want to keep everything glued to you- it's no fun to waste Momentum chasing a runner.

Edited by nihilii
wording, clarity

Unless it's been changed, Willpower has an aggro aura, but it is noticeably weaker than the ones in older sets like Invuln. 

If thaat's a concern, yu may want to consider Bio again.  You get an aura that does damage. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Id go with WP.  Im a proud owner/operator of TW/Bio, but WP seems a better pairing - a low maintenace defense set that feeds END.  I think the damage loss from not having Offensive Adaptation is in real play situations going to be at least in part offset by not being animation trapped and unable to hit a ‘dont die button’, or having your cycle interrupted by the need to hit a dont die button.

I cant speak much for or against Ninjitsu - but Id think clicky mezz prot would be a downer on a long animation set, and I dont recall if the Scrapper version has END tools - END tools are very valuable to TW.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I'm afraid I didn't get all of that. The cost reduction I get, I've slotted all I can find or buy, but are there unique enhancements I didn't know about? Is there a newbie guide for these things? Every guide I've seen just talks about team things and late game builds rather than solo leveling. 

First off brutes just have end issues at 20, sorry. Getting to 22 where you can slot regular level 25 IOs will help if you can't afford to already be running sets. Make sure you're slotted for accuracy as that'll be more bang for your buck than endurance reduction. As to uniques - numina's regen/recovery, panacea hp/end, miracle +recovery, performance shifter +endurance (looking at 20-25 million for the lot). Also go buy the survival amplifier temp power from the p2w vendor, it has a good recovery buff (the offensive and defensive ones are great too if you can afford). Should be fairly cheap at 20 still - grab 8 hours now as the price goes up the higher level you are.

Thanks for the advice. Only problem is that right now I can't even afford the basic workbench invention enhancements. I just hit 22, and made one level 25 accuracy enhancement, but now I can't afford to make another, even though I have the salvage. I'd been using the XP boost from the P2W vendor for a while, so that's probably part of it, but I've found even on characters that don't use that, the Inf gain tends not to be very high. 

Significant influence isn't gained from actually playing until you hit 50. Sell your stuff on the market. Convert garbage to gold. Market forums and guides have several threads that'll help you in no time. Look for Shinobu's step by step guides.

4 hours ago, CreepyShutIn said:

I'm afraid I didn't get all of that.

Sorry, let me give a more thorough response with less jargon.

• Slot cost reduction. For lowbie brutes in particular, thanks to Fury, slotting for damage is your last priority. As a basic template, I'd give attacks 1acc, 2 endredux, 1 recharge, and only then maybe some damage.
  • Get the Miracle: +Recovery and Numina's Convalescence: Regeneration/Recovery IOs, and slot them in Health.
  • Get the Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance IO, and slot it in Stamina. Of course, slot Stamina for endmod too.
  • Get the Unrelenting Fury ATO proc, which gives a cost reduction buff. Put it in your favorite attack.

Even with 2× XP, you can still make decent inf from drops and merits via the auction house. Rare salvage sells for 500k apiece, and any recipe with "Gladiator" in the name is worth a few million and so are some other rares. If you run any story arcs or task forces, you'll get Reward Merits; use those to buy Enhancement Converters and sell them for 90k apiece. 10 merits gets you 30 converters gets you ~2.5 million influence, which will comfortably fund common IOs in every slot.

The unique IOs I mentioned above will run you several million apiece, so that may take longer, but it's still very doable in the 20s if you just do stuff that gives merits.

• 3 weeks later
1 hour ago, TungstenShark said:

Almost every secondary has a minimal fx option you can choose (like Bio).

This is true to a point with Bio. All three stances, even with effects turned off, still show snake-like coils emanating from the body, and upon using ablative carapace your character is enveloped within an ugly slime ball before breaking out. Not sure about the other powers....

On 8/15/2019 at 6:26 AM, Cheapshot said:

Do any of the TW/WP players mind posting a build?

I'm not at a computer, but I've posted mine before if you're willing to dig through post history. It's not ideal, but it works well, and although it's a high budget build, the purples could easily be swapped out.

I have some ideas for a respec; may put up a build thread this weekend.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

SheRo: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(3), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(5), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Pnc-Heal:50(3), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(50)
Level 2: Titan Sweep -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx:50(5), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(9), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(11), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43)
Level 4: Fast Healing -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), Mrc-Heal:40(7), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx:40(50)
Level 6: Follow Through -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg:35(9), KntCmb-Knock%:35(15), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(39), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46)
Level 8: Super Jump -- UnbLea-Jump:50(A), UnbLea-EndRdx:50(50)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), Rct-Def:50(13)
Level 12: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(13), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(15)
Level 14: Kick -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 16: Rise to the Challenge -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(17), Prv-Heal:50(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), DarWtcDsp-Slow%:50(40)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(19), KntCmb-Knock%:35(37), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(37), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43)
Level 20: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(21), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(21), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc:50(40)
Level 22: Mind Over Body -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), Ags-ResDam:50(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Ags-Psi/Status:50(48)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(40)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx:50(27), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(29), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43)
Level 28: Heightened Senses -- Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), Rct-Def:50(46), Rct-ResDam%:50(46)
Level 30: Weave -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx:40(A), GifoftheA-EndRdx/Rchg:40(31), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:40(36), GifoftheA-Run+:40(45)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(33), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34)
Level 35: Combat Jumping -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx:50(A), WntGif-ResSlow:50(45)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(42), RechRdx-I:50(42)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(A), RgnTss-Regen+:30(39)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(23), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(31)
Level 1: Momentum
------------

This is a wish list build for my TW/WP scrapper.  It's already obsolete because she's running a couple PvP and purples that dropped. 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, TungstenShark said:

Almost every secondary has a minimal fx option you can choose (like Bio).

This is true with a few exceptions ..

Energy doesn't plus one of its best powers turns you invisible.  Well sort of glowing invisible.   Kind of a shame since it would solve the END issues nicely.