Use that like button

Lunchmoney

In the bottom right corner of each post is a little button that can be clicked to show you like a post (it has a few other options as well). If you like a post, hit that button 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

8 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

While one is at it, if you think the post has some merit beyond just a "reaction", don't be afraid of giving that poster +1 influence/reputation.

I think in the new forums @Abraxus they are one in the same.  Liking a post is the same as giving +1...There isn't a separate way to do it that I have found. 

Edited by justicebeliever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

I think in the new forums @Abraxus they are one in the same.  Liking a post is the same as giving +1...There isn't a separate way to do it that I have found. 

Clicking the "+" next to the Reputation count does it too, but it also takes you to the poster's account info.  So, if the "like" does the same thing, then...so be it!

What was no more, is REBORN!

Just now, Abraxus said:

Clicking the "+" next to the Reputation count does it too, but it also takes you to the poster's account info.  So, if the "like" does the same thing, then...so be it!

Mine doesn't do that...I'm always happy to give you more Influence Abraxus, but I just clicked your "+51" and it took me to your page and it still says +51.  Refreshed the browser, and it still says +51

(I gave you a like on the other thread you commented on, so know you have 52)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Silly as it sounds, the only thing that keeps me personally from hitting it is that the default icon is a heart.  To this old gamer, that means something other than "like."

The response that gives +1 Inf. is the trophy. The default option is the trophy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Says +10 for you right now @Some Random User.  

I just clicked the Like "Heart" button...

And now you have 11

EDIT:  Wait a second, was this just a Nemesis plot to get me to like your post?  I see thru you now!!!

Edited by justicebeliever
Add humor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry I wasn't clear in my prior response...any of the like options work...it does not have to be the trophy (just tested it, see below).  And if you are really in doubt, you guys can test it on me!!

🙂

8 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Says +10 for you right now @Some Random User.  

I just clicked the Like "Heart" button...

And now you have 11

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Sorry I wasn't clear in my prior response...any of the like options work...it does not have to be the trophy (just tested it, see below).  And if you are really in doubt, you guys can test it on me!!

🙂

Not ALL of them do. I just tested them (using your account), and here's a quick infographic:

image.png.94cbe27c581fc7f0d2c48fab41e8ca7a.png

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

@The Philotic Knight I'm going to assume you accidentally switched Confused with Laughing...Appears you are right otherwise - sad and confused do not seem to harm someones reputation but doesn't add to it...

Just tested on yours!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

@The Philotic Knight I'm going to assume you accidentally switched Confused with Laughing...Appears you are right otherwise - sad and confused do not seem to harm someones reputation but doesn't add to it...

Just tested on yours!

Fixed! Also, apparently those little buggers can also shift around, I think perhaps depending on the last one(s) that you used maybe?

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
I'm out.

That's good testing on the like/inf system for the new forum software, peeps. 

So dont forget to share the love 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

Two folks are confused by the OP. Clearly they are Nemisis agents....

Edited by Lunchmoney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I can neither confirm *bzzt* nor deny *bzzrrrtt* any thing. Now about those TPS reports...

36s17f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Generator said:

I'd have thought the fact that they were confused was proof they aren't Nemesis agents...

That's what they want you to think....

• Haha 3

• Retired Game Master
4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Silly as it sounds, the only thing that keeps me personally from hitting it is that the default icon is a heart.  To this old gamer, that means something other than "like."

Cardiac arrest?

(as one old gamer to another)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

2 hours ago, Some Random User said:

I apologize for my mistake.

It's not your mistake, it's mine.

I actually remember giving you that 4th point of Rep ... testing out my theory at that early date, that the trophy (having the same color as the Reputation field in our profiles) was how you gave +rep.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom & Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

2 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

That's what they want you to think....

But what if they want you to think, that that's what they want you to think, so that you'll think something else, and THAT'S what they really want you to think?  😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom & Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Good to know about how the Like/Thanks and Inf system work on these new forums, but I have a fairly unrelated question. Is something displaying incorrectly for me? There are a few posts in this thread (and I've noticed in other threads) where someone added what I'm assuming is an emoji at the end but all I see is a tiny empty rectangle? Examples:

The first post, Lunchmoney's: "If you like a post, hit that button 🙂"

...then it happens a few more times with justicebeliever...

and finally, PaxArcana: "how you gave +rep.  🙂"

Yeah, what the heck is up with that? Is it just something completely going over my head? I just feel like I'm missing something there. Unless other people see something besides empty boxes at the end of the sections I copy/pasted above (within quote marks). Please elucidate.