The Boys

Gravitus

Dredd is the main villain (well if you don't count the heroes as villains) so I'm in. 26th is the launch.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

15 hours ago, Gravitus said:

Called “The Boys” apparently all the super heroes are power hungry egotistical douche bags that practically rule the world. Praetoria anyone?

It's based on an Eisner-nominated comic series of the same name, by Garth Ennis (same person who wrote Preacher, and what is likely the best run of the Punisher ever made), that ran from 2006-2012. It's a deconstruction of the genre intended to shock that looks at what would happen not only to superpowered beings, but to corporations, governments, and to the non-powered dealing with collateral damage, if a tiny group actually had so much more raw personal power than everyone else. And what some people would risk, would do, to keep that kind of power and how it corrupts in check. 

Edited by Transhumanish

One more day!  I'm stoked for this one. I love the comic series. If this is half as wild as the books, it's gonna be a helluva ride.

Edited by Skyhawke

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On 7/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Redux said:

Sounds like Washington D.C 

If only we could send The Boys into DC to spank the bastards. 

What channel/network/service is it going to be on...There were so many cool announcements from Comic Con I lost track on this one...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Gravitus said:

Called “The Boys” apparently all the super heroes are power hungry egotistical douche bags that practically rule the world. Praetoria anyone?

I saw a preview trailer of it 2 days ago and I'm interested in giving it a try in a bit but it did look a bit low production quality wise.  That's not to say it wont be a good show but sometimes when production quality is meh so is the writing acting etc.  Not always mind you but sometimes.

1 hour ago, Sanguinesun said:

I saw a preview trailer of it 2 days ago and I'm interested in giving it a try in a bit but it did look a bit low production quality wise.  That's not to say it wont be a good show but sometimes when production quality is meh so is the writing acting etc.  Not always mind you but sometimes.

I was actually blown away by the production values I've seen so far.  For a streaming series, it looks damn good.  The trailers don't do justice in that respect.

I'll try to catch the show but my ex-wife got our Amazon Prime account in the divorce and she changed the password. It looks really good.

• Confused 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I'm watching the first episode right now.  I am completely ignorant of the comic so I'm coming at it with no expectations, nor any idea what it's about.  My jaw has been dropped twice so far.  Very entertaining!

Heavy, man

I'll have to wait until I get some "alone time" to watch it. I have Amazon, but I explained to my wife the premise of the comics, and she just about gagged. So... yeah, it looks like I'm on my own with this one... 😢

• Like 1
I'm out.

55 minutes ago, Graviton said:

I'm watching the first episode right now.  I am completely ignorant of the comic so I'm coming at it with no expectations, nor any idea what it's about.  My jaw has been dropped twice so far.  Very entertaining!

it’s out now? awesome! 

5 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

Gonna start watching later - VERY happy to see they put it all up at once and not one episode each week. 

Das it. Gotta be able to get my binge on proper.

I know how ill be spending multiple hours of this weekend.

Alright, I went through the first ten minutes watching on my phone during my lunch break and... I'm out. 

They gave Starlight super strength? More importantly, they made Wee Hughie AMERICAN??? WTF? His nationality is kind of CORE to his character, in fact they have a SEVERAL book storyline where he goes back to his home country to deal with some things... How the hell are they gonna pull that off when he's American? 

I'm out. 

• Like 1
I'm out.

45 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Alright, I went through the first ten minutes watching on my phone during my lunch break and... I'm out. 

They gave Starlight super strength? More importantly, they made Wee Hughie AMERICAN??? WTF? His nationality is kind of CORE to his character, in fact they have a SEVERAL book storyline where he goes back to his home country to deal with some things... How the hell are they gonna pull that off when he's American? 

I'm out. 

It took me a bit to accept and adapt to the changes, but, in my opinion, it's worth it. I mean, Aunt May is hot, Mary Jane is a skinny black girl and Ned Leeds is not only NOT the Hobgoblin, but he's Peter's best friend. All massive deviations away from the source material. Yet, billions of dollars don't lie. 

I'd say give the first episode a chance, turn off that inner voice we all have that tells you this isn't the way is has to be and see if it doesn't grab you. It may, it may not. I do think it deserves a chance if you enjoyed the books. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but Canadians are just Americans with a slight accent. Friggin Wee Hughie is a truebred friggin' Scot. And that's about as far from American that you can get and still be a white dude. I mean, I don't care that they made A-Train a black dude, because his race has nothing to do with the character and role that A-Train fills in the story... but Wee Hughie being a Scot is SO central to the story and to his character and perspective as an outsider... I can't see them completing the story without it.

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 2
I'm out.

Finished it and loved it.  Yes, there's a lot of changes, but , jings, there's a whole lot they got spot on and the things that are different mesh pretty damn well.  As with the books, there's plenty gore, violence, sex and other nefarious stuff yet underneath it all are amazing stories being told.  The acting, production and story all are amazing...especially for a streaming show.  I figured budget constraints would mellow things out, but it didn't.  After that ending, I would very much love season 2 now...alas, the wait.