Art/Commission Sharing Thread

Hi all,

I love seeing City of Heroes art, and I felt it would be nice to have a communal art-sharing thread for stuff that you have created yourself or have had commissioned. If you have made or received any art recently (or not recently), please feel free to post it here!

I was never in a position to commission art while the game was live, but at this point I was finally able to request my first:

Lunar Lancer by Europa777

Spoiler

FWNUXc5.jpg

I'm super happy with the way it came out, and I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff!

• Like 8

Oh goodness, I'd fill up pages and pages and pages...... how about this one, this was near closure and I went all out with a set of mine and a good friend's characters in an extended family portrait based around Blackstar Rising and Roxy Acetylene/Black Radiance, all of them save two existed in CoH. MaHenBu on deviantArt is the artist.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Left to right:

Kyle Rymes - Roxy's half brother, Jason and Sonja's son in Prime

Bya-ko(Tianyi Xu) - Kyle's wife, Laurel's former roomate

Black Symphony(Azkythe and Zeke Covington) - Laurel's husband and his demon

Blackstar II(Laurel Smith) - David's daughter

Blackstar Rising(David Smith)

Whitestar(Hope Smith) - David and Roxy's daughter when older(we played some time travellers who ended up in Praetoria at one point)

Roxy Acetylene/Black Radiance

Radiance - Roxy's Echo in Champion's Online

Gina Myers - Jason and Sonja's daughter in Praetoria

Sonja - Never existed in game, but was referenced a lot

Jason Myers - Roxy and Kyle's father(he got drawn a bit young, but what can you do)

Edited by _Kai_
artist name added
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

Oh goodness, I'd fill up pages and pages and pages...... how about this one, this was near closure and I went all out with a set of mine and a good friend's characters in an extended family portrait based around Blackstar Rising and Roxy Acetylene/Black Radiance, all of them save two existed in CoH. MaHenBu on deviantArt is the artist.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Exactly the kinda stuff I like to see; they're awesome! I like the artist's dedication to the costume parts, they look very true-to-the-game while still being in a sweet comic book style.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Let me share some stuff too... (I'll share more later if you want 😉)

I have been given some awesome gifts, and also had some stuff commissioned myself. I do love seeing other artist's takes on my characters.  ❤️

I think my "addiction" may have started with Christopher Robin's drawing of my character Darth Delicious (aka DeeDee)... though it was actually an art-trade. I drew his character Xlussya and in return he drew DeeDee - I was just starting out with digital colouring, so I had a go at that, after which CR added some touch ups and I finished the thing with a background 🙂 .
d3b41cj-7d1b13bc-b1ea-4e3b-9c37-4f30c905d875.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M1ZGYzZTBjLTA0OWEtNDRhNy04MWJhLWE1ZWZjZjVmZWZlOVwvZDNiNDFjai03ZDFiMTNiYy1iMWVhLTRlM2ItOWMzNy00ZjMwYzkwNWQ4NzUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.aqbVdUUMGoU6eelWrxAwTLq4txM6HSURIqzSoqACnw4875b1e61513af6d51eaca9f432d39799-d4pw7ig.png

It lead to so many commissions and collaborations!
In no specific order;
Darth Delicious by Nojitsu      /      DeeDee and Mysterious Mike by Europa777 (coloured by me)

spacer.pngdceh3fi-e61232f8-83b0-47da-8f8d-4636b5167351.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M1ZGYzZTBjLTA0OWEtNDRhNy04MWJhLWE1ZWZjZjVmZWZlOVwvZGNlaDNmaS1lNjEyMzJmOC04M2IwLTQ3ZGEtOGY4ZC00NjM2YjUxNjczNTEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Cy6nOTQBiIeFHgOW4l8n18N8VSWTqkr780Hgh3Ed-sMdce9id7-bba25da2-07f2-43c4-8404-bfcce3774016.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M1ZGYzZTBjLTA0OWEtNDRhNy04MWJhLWE1ZWZjZjVmZWZlOVwvZGNlOWlkNy1iYmEyNWRhMi0wN2YyLTQzYzQtODQwNC1iZmNjZTM3NzQwMTYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.iQDWv3ptcKYyczkvi1XOXR1SaPjYA0CLXQ8uOB0hyeM

@Christopher Robin surprised me once with a drawing of DeeDee he had commissioned. It came coloured and everything!

I then, went behind his back and contacted the artist Eeren to draw both CR's character Brahn Fuhrnos and my Mysterious Mike as if they were having fun. That way they could be put together or be a separate drawing.

But what I didn't for-see was that DeeDee fitted right in!
I managed to colour both Brahn and Mike in the style Eeren colours (also with her approval) and also managed to surprise not only CR, but also myself with this one 😄 .

how_to_cheer_up_deedee_by_anjasylvie_db3u4y5-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA1MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M1ZGYzZTBjLTA0OWEtNDRhNy04MWJhLWE1ZWZjZjVmZWZlOVwvZGIzdTR5NS0zNjY2ZjYwOC1iMWVkLTQ3ZjgtYjc5Mi03ZmJiOWU1NmM1NmUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEzNzIifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.3zu8tzyKP00-GwR9aAOFcfc2B5hiWQfTNP8IY5U-u5Y

Edited by Darth Delicious
  • Like 8

DDLU21.jpg.d32d788cc9a9ad28e1d0bd53f83c1e5d.jpg

• 3 weeks later

Those are beautiful @Darth Delicious! I especially love the style of the Nojitsu piece, and your coloring is top-notch.

I happened across a commission thread on the CoH reddit and this artist was mentioned: https://commiss.io/alicekaninchenbau

Her work is amazing, so I commissioned a piece:

spacer.png

I am so overjoyed with the way it came out ❤️ words can barely express it! I highly recommend the artist, she is kind and extremely professional (and her art is totally beautiful!)

• Like 10

• Community Rep

I have a couple of pieces...but they're not traditional comic book style. I don't know how to do that, lol. This is just my best stab at art, using an iPad.

First  up, the first I did. This is of Dacy's Trick, my katana scrapper, and Fire Onyx, my best friend's inv/fire tank. We took all comers, and it was the start of a wonderful friendship, so I decided to do art as a salute to my friend. Completely surrounded by a host of foes from City, they are not worried. "We got this!"

Fierce.thumb.jpg.d1ab536f84bebcad5e45a0d8a2a68081.jpg

-Dacy

• Like 7

• Community Rep

The second piece I did is a duo my friend and I started together, and proved to be amazingly effective; we did pretty much every task force, not to mention story arcs and sig arcs, as just a duo on Live. My friend had a Fire/Ice tank, and I had an Earth//Rad controller. Celestia i and Earthbound i. (i is a Chinese word/concept for "of the mind", if I recall correctly).

150016960_Earthbound_I__Celestia_i_2.thumb.jpg.f37e94bf4769cba7f5f755903ad525c8.jpg

-Dacy

• Like 5

Love the fiery hair and black skin in that first piece and shoulder kitten is giving no quarter!

Best you hit the bricks villains! ...and by bricks I mean Brickstown!  

...and by Brickstown I mean the Zig!  ....Cuz that's where you're headed! ...So take that!

...Yeah!

Is what I imagine the cat saying, or you know, meowing at them. E9rkOkuW_o.gif

Also these are really nice,  I recognize all the costume pieces (which is always

a very good sign) and the wings, cape, clouds and Katana are stand outs.

You should totally start an art/story-telling/creative thread Dacy. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• Community Rep

Thanks, Chris! It means so much to hear back from people.

Yeah, the cat's name is Chip (yes, Fire's got a Chip on her shoulder...), and he is really, really good at the trash talk. Also with the following through on the violence he promises. Chip appeared some time after my story takes place, so, he's not in the story. Just appeared one day, and like all cats, doesn't care to answer questions. I think possibly he is somewhat fashioned after the cat-like creature Honor Harrington had with her at all times. Obviously, I used my own interpretation of how he'd look, and did not go with the "shoulder kitten" piece as it appears in Icon, lol. 🙂

-Dacy

• Like 3

I don't think these are collabs DD, unless I mistake her meaning she

is drawing them alone but they are of a duo not by a duo. 07K1tHnz_o.png

and Dacy just know that there were bunches of 2, 3, 4 and even 5 part collaborations happening back in the day on the live.

I took part in like 25+ of them myself. They were very commonplace and hopefully will be again here as more artist types find their way here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

56 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

An electric crow, neat. The posi head comic label is a nice touch too. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Raven, actually, but close.

And yeah, the Posi head was meant to evoke the "sticking Spider-Man's head on the cover instead of a UPC" thing Marvel used to do.

• Like 2

Yeah I got that you used the Latin name for a common raven but there is no real consistent distinction

between a raven and a crow, they can even interbreed and produce viable young.  I suppose 

they are sometimes portrayed differently in media/culture so yeah raven if you prefer.

Nice.

• Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Yeah I got that you used the Latin name for a common raven but there is no real consistent distinction

between a raven and a crow, they can even interbreed and produce viable young.  I suppose 

they are sometimes portrayed differently in media/culture so yeah raven if you prefer.

Nice.

I mean, I get what you mean: the most meaningful distinction among the members of the Corvus genus is size. There's one quote I like, and I forget who said it (although I suspect it was either Dr. Carl Bergstrom or Dr. Kaeli Swift if only because they're the two big corvid people I follow on Twitter), but it's something like "the best way to tell crows and ravens apart is that if you look at a bird and think it's too big to be a crow, it's a crow; if you look at it and go 'holy crap that thing's huge', it's a raven".

• Like 1

I know right?

So in people terms the difference between a male crow and a male raven

is like the difference between a guy and a slightly taller guy. 07K1tHnz_o.png

So if you had the Arnold Schwarzenegger of crows and the Danny Devito of ravens and

the Arnold crow could sleep with the Danny raven's wife (or his maid rs4wmRnk_o.gif) and have

a kid then they would essentially be ............. (wait for it)  .................... Twins!

• Haha 4

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 9/4/2019 at 8:56 PM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

I am so overjoyed with the way it came out ❤️ words can barely express it! I highly recommend the artist, she is kind and extremely professional (and her art is totally beautiful!)

I can second this!  I had kaninchenbau do a piece for me too, and here it is:

hit 'n run commission small.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 9