Art/Commission Sharing Thread

5 minutes ago, MysteryMouse said:

So this became very dramatic. 😮 

That's my character Darla Drake. No prize for guessing her archetype. 😉 She's a California sorority girl who has soughtrefuge in the Rogue Isles after having used certain forbidden tomes and summoning spells to wreak vengeance on her former sisters.  😈  Now, thanks to her diabolical pets, she's having the time of her life. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MysteryMouse said:

So this became very dramatic. 😮 

darla drama smaller.jpg

That's great Mystery Mouse. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Yeah I think "Dramatic Entrance" is an 

inherent secondary ability of Demon Summoning.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

@MysteryMouse is on a roll now, working her way through our characters! When she'd just finished lightbringer and sorority starlet Phi Beta Betty above, she got right on to finish pink goth sorceress Misty here:

203370834_Mistyscreen.thumb.png.0d34d901c416bc04871a4f7103f812e6.png

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Misty is a dark/dark controller, self-taught in the dark arts of the occult. 😄

• Like 9

I decided to commish the talent pool here and I'm having my old/new char. who had numerous looks, power sets/AT's from live (I brought him out of Beta to launch wayyyyyy back when) to now HC. Kobolt is the name and @MysteryMouse is making me some artz.  We have been going back and forth with messaging/screenies and everything is pretty set 😄 Sooooo just from seeing the sketches I'm pretty excited about the art and sharing it here also 😄 Be posting the finished piece from my eyes to you all asap 😄 

• Like 2

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

Here's another character by @MysteryMouse, finished today. Leylah, a vampire blood-magus of clan Tremere, who diablerized her sire and used ancient magics to be able to walk in daylight. A continued unlife in Vienna is a bit too risky, though, so she's sought refuge in the Rogue Isles.

(Yes, one of the great things about CoH is how easy it is to accomodate your own stories, even if you want to mix in elements from other soures! 😄 )

Leylah-web.thumb.jpg.515e0d7abd632473e0cdf91bee3993c7.jpg

She's a Water Blast / Poison Corruptor, but of course I've colored all the fluids red, to illustrate how she's tossing the blood around. 🙂 

In-game, I have to make do with her looking like this:

Leylah-CoH.thumb.jpg.594a7cd23bbef46d49f8e38bb41c370f.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later

I've loved seeing all of the  excellent work by MysteryMouse (didn't want to harass with an unnecessary ping)!  I always love seeing artists familiar with the game take on our characters!

On some websites I rotate my avatar on a monthly basis, and was running low on options.  Now thanks to excellent work by https://www.deviantart.com/junkdoesart I should be set for a while, and can now match my mood 🙂.

image.thumb.png.186273daf8883539bcac8205c9e189a6.png

• Like 6

Draggynn, Storm Summoning/Psychic Defender, formerly a resident of Virtue

My collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

Oh nice, is she running a package deal of some kind and did you pick which expressions

you wanted or do you just send her face refs and she runs the gamut herself?

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

She's doing a set of 15, you can choose the emotions yourself or let her choose.  You get the set as 15 individual images that you can use for icons but I figured it was easier to share as a full sheet: https://commiss.io/junk  Also, I like having Cashoo's image for my avatar and I don't have the heart to change it, so these may get less use than I original thought they would.

(probably should have included that link in the original post, but had a moment of panic about forum policy on that sort of things, although I now realize that I have used links folks have posted for other artist's shops so should have known that wasn't an issue)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MysteryMouse has drawn another couple of my characters! This is Ruby and Tamara, Praetorian/Primal twins. 🙂 Ruby, on the left, is from Praetoria, where she grew up on the streets of Brooklyn after her parents died in an accident and her grandmother, who was watching her, died in a fire.  Those accidents never happened on Primal Earth, however, so Tamara grew up in the lap of luxury. Ruby ended up as a knife-wielding street gang member (dual-blade brute), while Tamara became a highly skilled assassin (archery/ninjitsu blaster) - and both ended up dating their world's version of the same guy (the above-pictured Black-Eyed Pete). 🙂

Tamara og Ruby-resized.jpg

Mystery Mouse is still open for commissions, by the way! Forty bucks for a single character, fifty for two like this. Backgrounds, effects, pets, etc, can be added for a little bit extra, you'll have to describe it and ask her. 🙂

Edited by nwisth
(pressed enter too fast)
  • Like 5

I was strolling through my dA favourites and came across these creations by CMKook, figured they be a nice blast from the past.

Spoiler

mug_rootbeer_praetor_s_reserve_by_cmkook_24601_d3dt0yv.thumb.jpg.ef1bf171b30709b4440631d100fd0d69.jpg

dr__pepper_widow_s_kiss_by_cmkook_24601_d3dr8yg.thumb.jpg.30c8432c40cb738e783154d38faa6797.jpg

mountain_dew_duplicity_by_cmkook_24601_d3dr7xm.thumb.jpg.530121537fb2e59de62e3dcb74b74154.jpg

diet_mountain_dew_detection_by_cmkook_24601_d3dr8rv.thumb.jpg.48721bddfbb5f33f2af64612b8f23cde.jpg

mountain_dew_hero_slayer_by_cmkook_24601_d3dr8b9.thumb.jpg.ff152aee1944cb08f3acd3f80c1a3b0d.jpg

mountain_dew_bullet_rain_by_cmkook_24601_d3dzu9f.thumb.jpg.fb8db9b88570f96ea36d1d7bb2f18520.jpg

pepsi_clockwork_by_cmkook_24601_d3dr6p3.thumb.jpg.b2e6f5efe3cc521ef9b0c14006af8727.jpg

pepsi_nemesis_plot__by_cmkook_24601_d3e12c1.thumb.jpg.09cee825264e47ec247ee387bf905271.jpg

• Like 4

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Also, one of the artists I watch has open commissions this month.

https://www.deviantart.com/redgvicente  (Warning, artist's landing page is NSFW)

Not one of my character, but an example of their work.

dd73gkt-7763fa8e-bfdf-4452-a180-d7ca9f53

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 6

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

@Oubliette_Red that link to his DA front page is definitely NSFW. You may want to mention it or use a spoiler box.

Yeah Redg Vicente is one of those artists on my "someday when I can afford it" list.

The quality is worth the price for sure though.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

@Oubliette_Red that link to his DA front page is definitely NSFW. You may want to mention it or use a spoiler box.

Yeah Redg Vicente is one of those artists on my "someday when I can afford it" list.

The quality is worth the price for sure though.

Thanks @Christopher Robin , I added a warning. Didn't even think about that since I keep my dA filters on.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

................................Didn't even think about that since I keep my dA filters on.

No worries Red. It's not a problem for me but I know there are others who web surf from the office.

Filters on DA are a good thing (understatement!) but some of the content I watch that I don't

think is risque at all gets blocked by them so I have to switch them on/off on occasion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

I snagged a commission from MysteryMouse of Dragg picking up some flowers at his local florist!  Are they for someone, or does he just need something to brighten his drab apartment?  We may never know.  It was such a pleasure working with @MysteryMouse, I highly recommend the experience.  Just message her on the forums if you are interested in discussing a commission with her.  Tusen takk!
Draggynn

(This seems to have turned out a bit large, so if someone knows forum commands to make this easier to see, let me know!)  Also, I think I might have a slight problem, that was largely ameliorated when the game was live by not having disposable income....who knew I was such a spendthrift! 😉

Edited by Draggynn
  • Like 9

For a while I thought it was great fun to keep a tally on my dA profile about the total amount of money spent on CoH art. I uh....stopped that when I got a job making double what I had been and realized that while I had kept the max spendage per piece the same I had increased the frequency enough that my tally also doubled in a year... >.>

• Like 1

Hello MaryJane, this is a thread for sharing art commissions. Find an artist who is taking commissions,

pay them and they can draw whatever you're requesting for your room decor. Cheers!

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png