Art/Commission Sharing Thread

20 hours ago, battlewraith said:

I'm starting work on a webcomic and thought it might be helpful to have another artist basically do concept art for what a couple of characters look like. I commissioned Flashtoo for clean lines of the two and gave her a description and a style sheet that featured a bunch of things that might be appropriate--but I didn't have an actual set design. I got the linework today:

soopy_and_loopy_lines_by_battlewraith_dd

I'm very pleased. I think she nailed what I was going for and it was a good commission experience. She sent me updates, asked for clarification if she needed it, incorporated my feedback and had a pretty quick turnaround. Check her out if you're looking to have a character done.

That's excellent - for some reason, the characters remind me of Harley Quinn!

@Christopher Robin I tried shading her again - digitally, this time. The light source is supposed to be coming from the front and slightly to the left. Is it better? I don't know.

Rendora3.thumb.jpg.e51d34f3b71b7349d95fe56d30d4c235.jpg

Edited by QueenBethari
Added picture
  • Like 4

This is better QueenBethari. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I have a few more different examples

I can post tomorrow that may help as well.

I will post them in Art Talk since they have

nothing to do with the OP title of commissions.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 10/31/2019 at 5:51 PM, QueenBethari said:

That's excellent - for some reason, the characters remind me of Harley Quinn!

I was thinking more of Tank Girl or perhaps the DC Bombshells line.  The girl on the left kind of reminds me of Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, too.  I also kind of get a "Dirty Pair" vibe...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Back on live I had a couple of comissioend pieces for Kallisti Gold, the first was by Douglas Shuler to represent her in her original costume which was the 'metal' pattern and before the bunny ears were made available :)

KGoldLO.jpg

The next was after bunny ears and is by an artist called Celtic Bolt

Kallisti_Gold_by_CelticBolt.jpg

Edited by kallistiuk
  • Like 7

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

• 2 weeks later

And now, for another traced picture thing! 

H-P-Lovecraft.png.518f06ac9fd451afdb01ca9045736030.png

Obviously, it isn't done, but I really like how the lines on this turned out. 

Spoiler

Yep, you guessed it! That's H. P. Lovecraft. This picture was digitally traced over a photograph that's in the public domain. (Thanks, Wikipedia!)

I'm making a family tree for Marilyn and Co. using a nifty site called Plum Tree App. It's meant for Sims 4 legacies, but it's the only tree maker I've found for fictional people. Using a real tree maker just doesn't seem right to me. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, you can add pictures of your sims, so I figured I might as well practice my digital art skills. That way, the portraits match!

EDIT: I did the lines for another one, too! It has shading!

Sonia-Greene.thumb.png.768d08013a72d31d3d94ebf54478cadf.png

ANOTHER EDIT: More lineart - this time with shading and color!

AnnabelsDad.thumb.png.bf93aca5052e394bdaef490af79cb8bd.png

Edited by QueenBethari
Added another picture
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later
5 hours ago, Foo said:

Whoa, this dude still orange textin' over here

Okay who ordered a @Foo for Me-mas?.... Whaddaya mean I did?

No I'm pretty sure I ordered spicy "food" with a D at the end this is a Spicy Foo...

uh hunh,  yeah I'll hold...

No they are not the same thing!...

What?

No one makes you "wanna fart"

the other says he "won a FArt"

something like a decade ago.

Wait you shipped him Cash On Delivery???

I need to speak to the manager...  07K1tHnz_o.png

-------------

Sup Suckah! What took you so long? Even BW beat ya here. Yes that one.

Welcome back to the best part of the forums. Good to see more of the OG's finding their way here. zb7XgP0P_o.png

It's not the quite the old 606 here, (it's the new 62) but it means we have our city back.

P.S. we have "reputation points" now, not sure what they are for

but I just gave you your first one (too late no take backs!).

Oh and since this a thread about art commissions I'll

just say I've commissioned the Foo before and

this bit of awesomeness was the result.

sapph_vs__deedee_by_agent_foo_d4r5f3r-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDQ2ZmUxYjItNjBiZC00ODhlLTk1YmMtMmYyN2RmNmMzYjIyXC9kNHI1ZjNyLTc5YWJkYjhhLTcxZGUtNGE2Ny1hYmFmLTVjMmYwMjRkYmIxMC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NDAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.QptbQKCbfiz-DDYNcC9JuHry0Tno1VE_gWPR2_A20q8

DD and Sapphy are both friends from the old forum.

Clicking the image takes you to Foo's DA page.

Also FArt is short for Fan Art and it was a

yearly contest on the old 606. Foo did

indeed win it 10 years ago. My how time flies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

I can spend all the time talking up Flashtoo, she's great.  But I feel the work is more relevant, which is why I commissioned these in the first place.
They're up in a couple places, but they're awesome, so I'm down with them being up in another.

KalSpiro_Web.png

This costume's not actually physically possible ingame.  I had to work with her from a couple different costume designs, but she's portrayed my main perfectly for how I wish he could look.

QuickshotKid_Web.jpg

This one is a character I have spanning multiple ATs, so each of the weapons is one of the ATs

Edited by KalSpiro
  • Like 6

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

I've never gotten a commission of one of my CoH heroes before but because I offered a lot of free art up on the forums I do have a couple of cool Art Trades to show off. The first is a South Park style Hawkbrand, the second is an 8-bit rendition of two of my heroes and the third is an homage cover for Red Automaton. Totally different styles but I love them all.

AC

HawkbrandPark.jpg.48bb670c7d883e63dab63fd09308b003.jpgChooseYourHero.png.f07abcc8f41636784b663ec1eeda177e.pngRedAtomaton6.jpg.8ac26a807022eeca848b4e2f5642459b.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/31/2019 at 8:51 AM, sbloyd said:

Kinda sketchy Amy the Android done while watching TV the other night...

4 hours ago, sbloyd said:

Another Amy the Android drawn while watching the Twilight Zone marathon...

Very nice @sbloyd. I like both styles. zb7XgP0P_o.png

So is Amy your character then? A friends?

Is she a Hero, Villain, Rogue? Any Bio or info on her?

Wait there was a Twilight Zone marathon on??? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

------------

@Agent Canada Cool! I too started out with art trades (and still do them on occasion) which turned to

small name talent hunting which became big name sale seeking and now I find myself on the

verge of buying some of the stuff I've always wanted... still don't have the

disposable income to do it yet though, more's the pity.  rFYv2e1c_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Very nice @sbloyd. I like both styles. zb7XgP0P_o.png

So is Amy your character then? A friends?

Is she a Hero, Villain, Rogue? Any Bio or info on her?

Wait there was a Twilight Zone marathon on??? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Every New Year's Day, Sci Fi does a Twilight Zone marathon.

Amy's a Tanker (bio/em) based off of my old Marvel Super Heroes character, an android designed in the footsteps of the Super Adaptoid.  In CoH I dropped the Super Adaptoid stuff and just had her be a prototype AI housed in an adaptive nanotech body.  Her creators were killed in a raid by the Sky Raiders; she escaped, and wanders the city righting wrongs and trying to figure out her life... which has gotten weird since recently teaming with a Warshade, who used "Soul Extraction" on a Mek Man, leading her to go on a crusade for AI's souls.  She's squarely in the Hero column.

• Like 2

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

4 hours ago, sbloyd said:

Every New Year's Day, Sci Fi does a Twilight Zone marathon.

Amy's a Tanker (bio/em) based off of my old Marvel Super Heroes character, an android designed in the footsteps of the Super Adaptoid.  In CoH I dropped the Super Adaptoid stuff and just had her be a prototype AI housed in an adaptive nanotech body.  Her creators were killed in a raid by the Sky Raiders; she escaped, and wanders the city righting wrongs and trying to figure out her life... which has gotten weird since recently teaming with a Warshade, who used "Soul Extraction" on a Mek Man, leading her to go on a crusade for AI's souls.  She's squarely in the Hero column.

Back on live, I had a Valkyrie (Got her on Virtue too!) that was involved in a story line about AI's and souls, and if an AI could reach Valhalla. One of my regrets was that Sunset happened before the story line could ever finish and poor TenTen never did get to figure out if she could take an AI to Valhalla or Folkvangr.

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

• 3 months later

Some time back I was slapping together comic book covers for Cliffside Avenue, Tipsy's unique RP brainchild, as art practice on the retired ipad mini I inherited. Sadly, my life circumstances changed and I wasn't able to continue with the group, but it was a great experience all round, with some really engaging misfit characters, and I felt like I should finally post them here.  These are all quick and dirty, more amateur impressionism meant to capture the mood of the characters than anything else, and in that regard, I think the mission was accomplished.

ieQOQkF.jpg

Oblique, "A Looking Look"

2F7TFNf.jpg

Scry, "Scry Me a River"

CBf7cbC.jpg

Mystery, "Lies, Damned Lies, and Cliffside Avenue"

UENidUR.jpg

Bonus Euryale, which I doubt I'll ever finish, but wanted to include just for the sake of that facial expression.

anJO38c.jpg

Bonus SKULL.

• Like 3
UPS1xkf.png

Here's one I just completed this past week. This is a gift for my good friend on Homecoming Indomitable server, Sinferna and my character the Boricua Soldier.

I began this as a challenge to myself to work on some of my weaknesses. 1) Drawing women, always the hardest thing for me to accomplish, making women attractive and giving them more than static expressions, and 2) drawing backgrounds, I usually just give up after the characters are done. And lastly 3) finishing costumes to higher details, I too often would just draw the lines of the costumes and shade them, instead of actually making them extensions of the body that hang off and cast their own shadows or pick up highlights properly. 

Over all I'm pretty happy with it for my first try at these weaknesses, I mean I don't love the background, but it could be a lot worse, lol. I also made the mistake of not doing any thumbnails to include the over all background with the characters, so starting the background with no plans of attack after the characters were finished was just an unnecessary additional difficulty. 

I'm glad to finally be able to contribute to this thread, I used to love seeing all the commissions when the servers were live. I was a huge fan of Jomaro Kindred's work, and always wanted to get one of my characters done by him, but couldn't afford it at the time.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it and any feedback is most welcome! 😄

OT

Sin and BS 2.jpg

Edited by Overthrower
  • Like 5

Trying to use Imgur, I haven't done this in sooo long, hope it works. Anyways, here's my latest of Sinferna, she's become quite the muse for me.

So imgur was a fail, I'll just upload it like the last one at lower quality.

Sinferna Sexy.jpg

Edited by Overthrower
Problems posting from imgur
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later

Just commissioned this piece for one of my long-time favorites, Windy Skye:

Image may contain: 1 person

I also had this piece done awhile back for my former blaster turned sentinel:

I liked it so much, I had it made into a coffee mug!  That worked out so well, I might turn Windy into a T-shirt.

image.png.f9e3f9a8ac3461478eabf5c059704b8d.png

Edited by Player2
  • Like 5