Farm fresh builds! *Farming focused builds and tips*

Warlawk

30 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

What's a summary on the discourse between Musculature an Spiritual mentioned?

Oof, need to revisit that, lol.

The substance would be that it depends on how you farm. If you play solo and aggressively, combining reds to eat constantly and always having a full group around you it's quite possible that you will be damage capped to the point where musculature is just wasted much of the time. If you are often tabbed away or have people in group with you (meaning less inspiration drops) then this is not likely to be an issue.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

2 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Ok, but the builds listed now have gravitated to Agility instead of either?

3 of the 4 builds in my OP have Musculature in the build part of the post, the only one that doesn't is the spines because I forgot to toggle it on so it has nothing listed. Not sure about other peoples builds I didn't look too close at the incarnates TBH.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

Really interesting, with good numbers behind it!

I don't farm myself, but I was wondering what sort of realistic yields (in inf) a follower of this guide could expect?  For example, when you quote, say 2mm inf a minute, or 120mm inf an hour, I assume there is friction time.  Since you are (I presume) soloing you don't need to form a team, but there are undoubtedly all kinds of things that pop up.

So, my question is:  what can an average, a good, and a great farmer expect to gross over a 15-minute, 60-minute, 120-minute session at any hour of the day or night?  From log in to log out.  Thanks for your help!

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Really interesting, with good numbers behind it!

I don't farm myself, but I was wondering what sort of realistic yields (in inf) a follower of this guide could expect?  For example, when you quote, say 2mm inf a minute, or 120mm inf an hour, I assume there is friction time.  Since you are (I presume) soloing you don't need to form a team, but there are undoubtedly all kinds of things that pop up.

So, my question is:  what can an average, a good, and a great farmer expect to gross over a 15-minute, 60-minute, 120-minute session at any hour of the day or night?  From log in to log out.  Thanks for your help!

The assumptions for the numbers are in the first post. A run of 5 asteroid maps takes ~20 minutes, then maybe 5 minutes to clear inventory, hit the bathroom and grab a drink or something so maybe 12 minutes of downtime average over an hour.

Using the 49 farming method it's pretty easy for even a budget farmer to get up to 1.5mil inf/minute, midrange I would place at 2 m, good at 2.2-2.3m/minute.

You can plug those numbers into a calculator as easy as I can, see Statement #1 lol. I've just gotten an average earnings per minute, how many minutes are played is going to vastly differ from player to player and I can't really research that part.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, Giocondi said:

Lots of great information here, inspired me to start up a Rad/Fire brute over the weekend (Got her to 50 yesterday!). I had a questions about how you slot enhancements as a fresh 50. Obviously these builds are REALLY expensive with a lot of purple sets. Would you recommend just slotting the basic IO's and farming with that until you can flat out afford the purples or would you maybe look for cheaper IO sets to fill powers and then work towards purples? I mean I'm just thinking about how long it will actually take to farm for my build and whether or not I want to dump in countless hours to get a my farmer build strong, AND then farm countless hours to funnel influence to other characters. At the pinnacle of farming you can get get 5 purples and hour. So me being in nothing by basic IO's probably farm wayyy slow. I've been doing +3/8 with bosses and it's pretty slow. Do you have any intermediate type builds for the Rad/Fire brute that doesn't use purples. I figure if I can spend 60 million or so to increase my farm time to 80% of optimal, this would be a net gain overall (i'm lazy and not going to crunch numbers.)

What did you do on your first farming character when you hit 50 regarding enhancements? I'd love maybe a section in the OP of budget builds for the most common builds. M3z has a video on spines fire and you could use his budget build showcased in the video for a start!

Really appreciate this thread, thanks!

I started out getting the powers with only a few slots or ones with cheep sets first and left the attacks for last.  The first sets I got was everything that got my Fire defense to 40ish.  At that point is when I started using the macro to change everything into reds and use them to stay at or near the damage cap for longer.  That made farming the rest much faster.  I saved the purples for last and only had to buy a couple as I was able to fill out most of the sets with making drops and converting them to something I can use.   Yes it took a long time to get there but I can clear the lvl 53 Comic Con farm in around 4 min for around 10 million plus drops. Sometime under 4 min when everything lines up right and the pathers seem to all cross the same spot at the right time. 

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

How do you actually proceed through these maps most efficiently?  Do you try and aggro everything and fight in one spot?  Do you kill one group at a time and move on?  What's the method.

I don't know how other people do it since I haven't been able to find much discussion. My usual approach is to jump to the helper NPC since he will summon pets and you get a huge pile of enemies, while I clear those I try to throw ball lightning/ion at any enemies that patrol within range. If you get good placement and patrols you can often clear half to 3/4 of the enemies on the map without taking a step. Then it's just cleanup from there. Often times the placement is less than optimal and you'll get less of a pile and more cleanup, but that's how I approach it.

Regarding:

A small change suggested by Luka on discord (@Luka#8022 on Discord, @12thPower here on the forums).

Change Fiery Embrace to a single slot 50+5 Recharge IO.

Slot Fusion with Gausian ToHit/Rech, Rech/End and Build up Proc.

Fiery embrace will now be exactly double the recharge of Fusion so you can line them up to use together every other rotation. While this was specific to the Rad Melee build all of the standard build up powers should be 90 second CD by default (this will not work for rage or any of the other unusual ones) so this change should be universal across the /Fiery Aura builds and gives you a floating slot that you can do what you like with. Adding the Numina Proc to Health on the Rad build was one suggested possibility.

This was a great suggestion and adds a nice little bit of flexibility to those who like to make sure cooldowns all line up nicely!

How does one move one slot out of Fiery Embrace, and then add 2 more slots to Fusion, and still end up with an extra slot?

53 minutes ago, cyberwraith said:

I'm curious about something.  Why no taunt on the Radiation Brute build?  You took it on all of the others.

No particular reason that I recall, I've added the alternate build to the OP and it has taunt in it.

13 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Regarding:

A small change suggested by Luka on discord (@Luka#8022 on Discord, @12thPower here on the forums).

Change Fiery Embrace to a single slot 50+5 Recharge IO.

Slot Fusion with Gausian ToHit/Rech, Rech/End and Build up Proc.

Fiery embrace will now be exactly double the recharge of Fusion so you can line them up to use together every other rotation. While this was specific to the Rad Melee build all of the standard build up powers should be 90 second CD by default (this will not work for rage or any of the other unusual ones) so this change should be universal across the /Fiery Aura builds and gives you a floating slot that you can do what you like with. Adding the Numina Proc to Health on the Rad build was one suggested possibility.

This was a great suggestion and adds a nice little bit of flexibility to those who like to make sure cooldowns all line up nicely!

How does one move one slot out of Fiery Embrace, and then add 2 more slots to Fusion, and still end up with an extra slot?

You aren't adding slots to Fusion, you are just changing what is in the existing slots to the listed IOs to line up the cooldowns.

13 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

You aren't adding slots to Fusion, you are just changing what is in the existing slots to the listed IOs to line up the cooldowns.

I'm trying to learn too many things at once and getting confused.  Sorry for my dumb questions.  There's probably many more on the way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarknessEternal said:

I'm trying to learn too many things at once and getting confused.  Sorry for my dumb questions.  There's probably many more on the way.

No worries man, everyone went through the learning process at some point, that's exactly the reason why these kind of threads are important!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Summon Striker:  Useful power or just another place to hold some set bonuses?

Set mule for 6.5% recharge out of 4 slots.

3 hours ago, Silvanthis said:

I've been hearing of some people succeeding at farming with a Water/Storm Corruptor. Could you do some tests on ranged farming classes? 

This is amazing work.

Well the big issue is... I just don't have much interest in farming with ranged classes. Currently Herostats does not work on Justin which means I can't do any conclusive testing on a freebie 50. That's something I'm willing to do to get some numbers, PLing a 50 and paying to kit it out on live... yeah, that's beyond my level of investment for a farmer that I don't really actually want in my stable.

In other news it looks like the transition to 64 bit may have killed the Herostats project which makes Baby Statesman cry. Apparently Herostats was written as a 32 bit program and simply does not transition to 64 bit short of completely remaking the program. The devs actually want to implement similar functionality into the game but it's not a high priority right now so that kind of leaves us in a limbo for the moment.

I'm happy to add info to the thread that other people submit from their own farmers while Herostats is still up and running but I can't test builds on Justin anymore and use herostats inf tracking function.

When I did a little bit of testing with an ice/fire blaster I was very frustrated with the number of runners. It cleared but was frustrating and felt slower than brute builds despite being very high damage.

24 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Do you actually use Electrifying Fences in farming?

Primary purpose is a set mule, and required to get Ball lightning. It actually does have better DPA than Spine burst and such though, so I do use it, but it's very low priority.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, Avilister said:

As I have been wanting to play with Rad Melee anyway, I've constructed a Rad/Fire alt based on the build in the first thread. While I'm still leveling up, I'm already over 40 and headed on to 50. I am wondering, though, when I get there, how do I exemplar down to do these missions at 49 as the guide suggested if I am not on a team? Is it just a matter of picking a level 49 mission on the AE terminals?

I might be wrong on this, but it looks like the 49 exemplar only works if you run it at +4.  With a new 50 like mine running it at +1 I'm fighting at 50 and getting xp.

53 minutes ago, cyberwraith said:

I might be wrong on this, but it looks like the 49 exemplar only works if you run it at +4.  With a new 50 like mine running it at +1 I'm fighting at 50 and getting xp.

The " What's the deal with level 49 farming anyway?" section of the first post lays out exactly what setting you need to use to make it work. As a fresh 50 you will usually want to farm on level 50 maps with xp on until you have your incarnates in order though.

18 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

The " What's the deal with level 49 farming anyway?" section of the first post lays out exactly what setting you need to use to make it work. As a fresh 50 you will usually want to farm on level 50 maps with xp on until you have your incarnates in order though.

That's what I figured, but it didn't explicitly state that.  The very next part makes it seem a bit ambiguous.

" It seems to be assumed that all farmers are going to be farming at +4x8. When you're just getting your build online that is 100% not the case."

3 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

What's your opinion of  "in order" for incarnates?  For example, I have a basic in every slot and a level 3 alpha.  Keep farming incarnate stuff or double down on money?

Preferred order would depend on the specific set, some are thirstier for ageless than others are. First priority IMO would always be T3 alpha for the level shift, then likely T3 destiny, Interface then Hybrid. Lore and Judgement as you see fit.

Personally I would push to at least T3 in everything but Lore and Judgement before really chasing inf, but if you desperately need the inf RIGHT NOW to finish your farmer's IO build or something then use your own judgement of course.