Farm fresh builds! *Farming focused builds and tips*

Warlawk

5 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

I am currently running fire farm missions with bosses off at +3x8 at lvl 48 and while I feel like I could manage a run at +4 and/or bosses on I am not sure if that would make the runs take so much longer that it would reduce the inf/min. At 47 I just switched to lvl 50 vanilla IOs, but was going to wait to do sets because they can be kind of expensive. Do you need set bonuses to make doing +4 with bosses worth it?

The most important part of the transition from +3 to +4 is going to be your alpha level shift. I'm sure it can be done without that, but I'm not sure it would be efficient. I haven't really done any testing on builds below level 50 or running only basic IOs, if you decide to share your experience and opinions in the thread that would be great!

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

Updated claws numbers with all T3 incarnates for a gain of 140K per minute! I think taken to T4 this will be in line to play with the big boys over 2.2m/minute. I will likely now do a respec on this since I have a build in mind that would offer much better playability for all content and provide a more general access character for those who want it.

Also added a note about Banished Pantheon lore to the incarnates section as that is what I tried on this test.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

93124ede4c9f7ea05b29f83cbaaf46cb.jpg

It's time to rest and admire the gains. I've done some digging through damage logs and comparisons of DPA and such. Did some revisions on attack priority/rotation and saw some gains across the board. Adding a spoiler with a bit about the rotations used and I kept logs of all the tests if anyone wants to dig into them and see where the damage is coming from so they can really bite into those juicy numbers. Electric Melee had to be dragged kicking and screaming over the 2mil/minute mark but we got it done!

tDmp4oh.png

What's that you say? You want a farmer that can also crank out normal content? I got your back. I'm adding a claws/fire build that incorporates Consume into the farming rotation so that it can use barrier to stay (slightly over)capped to s/l/f/c/Melee defenses. It does have a bit of a hole to energy/negative but what are you gonna do, there's only so many slots to go around. Perma Hasten and taunt so you can tank for groups if you want. I wouldn't take it to tank iTrials or anything, but it should do just dandy for normal content... oh, and it farms at 2.1 Mil inf/minute! Cha Ching!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Can you update the OP Incarnate section on Core vs Radial in Alpha and Interface?

Done, new text in red.

27 minutes ago, BrainDDOS said:

I've noticed that for the second build of Radiation/Fire, there is x6 of the 7.5% recharge reduction. Would it be more worth to drop Vengeance for Tactics? Or possibly 5 slot Taunt and add that slot somewhere else?

/facepalm

Good catch, will revisit.

Luck of the gambler has a different name than 7.5% rech set bonuses so you can have 5 lotg and 5 set bonuses.

Edited by Warlawk

10 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

/facepalm

Good catch, will revisit.

Luck of the gambler has a different name than 7.5% rech set bonuses so you can have 5 lotg and 5 set bonuses.

Wait for real?

This whole time I've been making builds with x5 7.5% rech reduction max. So you can have x10 7.5% rech reduction with 5 LotG and 5 other sets?

EDIT: Rereading, you just answered what I asked. Thanks for the response!

Edited by BrainDDOS

At the risk of demonstrating my ignorance I was just wondering, how do you get the merits to buy the IOs that go in most of these builds with a farmer? Those are gotten with merit rewards. Do you take time out to do content in Ouroboros?  I look on the AH and see them as an options, but none are for sale for inf.

3 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

At the risk of demonstrating my ignorance I was just wondering, how do you get the merits to buy the IOs that go in most of these builds with a farmer? Those are gotten with merit rewards. Do you take time out to do content in Ouroboros?  I look on the AH and see them as an options, but none are for sale for inf.

Which IOs are you not seeing for sale? Is it that it actually shows 0 for sale, or that there's no history? If the first, unsure. The vast majority of my IOs have come from the market. If the second, if you keep clicking between IOs in a set, eventually history comes up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Which IOs are you not seeing for sale? Is it that it actually shows 0 for sale, or that there's no history? If the first, unsure. The vast majority of my IOs have come from the market. If the second, if you keep clicking between IOs in a set, eventually history comes up.

I looked for one, Obliteration I think, and it showed 0 offered, 0 sales.  No history and I am on Excelsior, which usually has the pretty high activity. I did a little bit of research on "the internests" and Paragon wiki said these were only available as recipes bought with merits. I bought some Thunderstrike enhancements for my main off the AH though, so maybe I just caught a lull? I will check again. So, you are saying most people just buy them off the AH for inf?

1 hour ago, quixoteprog said:

So, you are saying most people just buy them off the AH for inf?

Not sure what most folks are doing, but I've gotten to the point that I sell everything (if it's common I sell it at normal store) on the market for 1 inf. I get charged 5 inf and the highest bid at the moment gets it. So I'll sell a purple recipe for 1 inf and get 15 million inf back... minus that next market fee, of course.

Then, I buy everything attuned except AT IOs and Purples. Purples I buy and leave unattuned, AT IOs are half price compared to the catalyzed version, so cheaper if you catalyze them yourself.

All this said... my brother just did a secondary build for his main where he boosted almost all his enhancements to +5 instead of attuning them. Based on his observations, I may have to give that a go sometime on my main.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

OK, so, I was able to buy them. It was weird though. When I did the SEARCH by name, no history showed up for Obliteration, and it showed 0 offers on 0 buying. Then I drilled down into the collapsible menu and when I found it there I saw like 173 bidding on 11 offered. Still no history though.

Then, I made an offer for one for 100 inf., which (or so I have found) will sometimes make the history show up in the bidding window. Which worked. I saw some having been sold for 3-4 mill inf. I made an offer and got one.

Is it me or does the code in the AH seem to be the buggiest part of the game?

12 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Not sure what most folks are doing, but I've gotten to the point that I sell everything (if it's common I sell it at normal store) on the market for 1 inf. I get charged 5 inf and the highest bid at the moment gets it. So I'll sell a purple recipe for 1 inf and get 15 million inf back... minus that next market fee, of course.

Then, I buy everything attuned except AT IOs and Purples. Purples I buy and leave unattuned, AT IOs are half price compared to the catalyzed version, so cheaper if you catalyze them yourself.

All this said... my brother just did a secondary build for his main where he boosted almost all his enhancements to +5 instead of attuning them. Based on his observations, I may have to give that a go sometime on my main.

So YOU are the reason winter enhancements drop down to 11 mil occasionally...

1 hour ago, Frostweaver said:

Man, some of your attack chains are kinda odd.

Yeah, probably doesn't make much sense if you didn't actually read the post indicating that EVERYTHING on these farmer tests is run by a simple mouse macro, and it's not an attack chain but rather the order they are put on the bar to be used in.

59 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

So YOU are the reason winter enhancements drop down to 11 mil occasionally...

Winter enhancements aren't drops, which is what he was talking about, so I kind of doubt that's the case here.

Lord protect us from humor, for we understand it not.

I do appreciate your binds, they have absolutely helped to up my farming game considerably, especially since I no longer have to disable everything but red drops...It helps in both teamed and non-teamed situations.

My only implication is that I am pretty sure, that there is probably room for more...established attack chains, that maximize farming potential and help to exploit each set's potential to the fullest. I am in the process of exploring such chains, and would be happy to provide the results of such exploration... at least for the radiation melee and claws sets. based on timing of runs (rather than herostats tests) some of my discoveries that help dramatically increase the speed of runs are...surprising, to say the least.

For instance, using your macros results in follow-up actually slowing you down (The damage bonus breaks brute damage caps and is not worth the time out of your aoe chains it takes to use), and there is a rather big question that I am exploring as to the actual utility of both hasten and the patron pools in comparison to more usage of spin and eviscerate...One I am presently happily exploring.

Just as soon as I can get herostats working correctly. It is not particularly happy with the current CoH build.

Is there any chance you could provide clear times as well as the inf/hour for those of us not having a good time wrestling with herostats, as a baseline for comparison?

Edited by Frostweaver

12 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

Lord protect us from humor, for we understand it not.

I hear text without context is great for making that perfectly clear, not like most of my posts incorporate humor (self depreciating and otherwise) or even memes just a few posts up, clearly I just have no sense of humor. Frankly, the only other time I've read your posts was the BS/SD thread when you misinterpreted things and got all snotty while insulting an entire server (TorchBEARER btw, Torchlight is a different game) as being elitists. You came in here and started misinterpreting things and making comments that would be snotty in that context. *shrug* The first of your posts I read was unpleasant and then your commentary here appeared to be the same while adding nothing productive to the subject of the thread. If you have a question or something constructive to add, feel free. Otherwise as a guide thread please try to keep the unrelated chatter to a minimum.

2 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

My only implication is that I am pretty sure, that there is probably room for more...established attack chains, that maximize farming potential and help to exploit each set's potential to the fullest. I am in the process of exploring such chains, and would be happy to provide the results of such exploration... at least for the radiation melee and claws sets. based on timing of runs (rather than herostats tests) some of my discoveries that help dramatically increase the speed of runs are...surprising, to say the least.

I'm sure this is correct. Even using a mouse macro just changing up the order I have them on the bar can impact performance. For those who are manually hitting their powers a proper rotation would be a great resource.

2 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

Is there any chance you could provide clear times as well as the inf/hour for those of us not having a good time wrestling with herostats, as a baseline for comparison?

Done. No logs exist for the old Rad Melee build but it's going to be in the same ballpark as others with similar earnings. I don't have them broken down by individual run time as I test using the full 5 mission block, only using 1 mission while punching Lore and Hybrid in particular would give skewed frontloaded results, I've seen first mission finishes topping out up in the 2.8 to 2.9 mil inf/minute range and then it will normalize over time.

3 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

Just as soon as I can get herostats working correctly. It is not particularly happy with the current CoH build.

As far as I can tell it will only work with the "Safe Mode" selection from the launcher. I think I've messed that up and tried to just run the 64bit by habit almost every time I've tried to test.

@Warlawk you mention that your rotation for Rad/Fire is Ball Lightning, Burn, Electrifying Fences, and Atom Smasher, which would be the first 4 slots of Tray 1. What else do you put in Tray 1 to use with the /bind keys you setup to run powers and macros? 

@Crimson-one | Torchbearer

UI/UX Designer by day, Gamer by night!