Anyone tried Water/Storm?

natewest1987

Seems like it would be pretty potent.  Lots of opportunity to slot +recharge, you get the heal from water, good mix of AOE and single target.  Curious if anyone has given it a go and what their thoughts were. 

I just leveled a fire/storm, and while the damage is berserk, I mostly leveled it to experiment with fire rain + ice storm.  Was actually pretty lackluster, but whirlpool + ice storm might be a hell of a lot better. 

On the defender forums there is a whole thread dedicated to talking about storm and what to pair it with. I'd read that and then also the proc monster new offender thread. With water you can proc out a lot of your attacks which will yield more overall DPS. I have not played this exact combo, but if I was making it, I'd start with a proc focused build due to the i24/25 proc changes.

I play a Storm/Water Defender and it is pretty insane damage-wise. However, I'll note that I play a Defender rather than a Corruptor for a few reasons:

• Storm damage between the two AT is the same.
  • Heavy use of procs in Water Blast means that 40%+ of the Water Blast damage is the same.
  • Freezing Rain is -35% resist for Defenders vs. -30% resist for Corruptors. Since this applies to all of your damage and most of your damage is the same between Defender/Corruptor, this means Defender tends to deal more damage.
  • Defenders have a significantly easier time soft-capping defenses. Part of the reason I'm able to slot my attacks so heavily for proc damage is because I don't need to slot them for defense. A Corruptor would have a much harder time reaching the (admittedly outrageous) levels of defense I run (Ranged/AoE soft-capped, S/L/F resist capped).

Some of the key elements:

• Slot Force Feedback into Tornado, Lightning Storm and Geyser. Potentially put it in Water Burst as well (I don't use Water Burst on my build).
  • Be aware that you can 'split' one of the Corruptor/Defender ATOs by putting 3 of it in two different powers to grab a 10% recharge bonus twice. Normally this would be AE powers because they're the ones that need recharge (you don't want recharge in your single target powers or it hurts your procs) and AE IO sets are generally poor.
  • Water Jet should have a pile of procs in it. Because you get to use it 3 times in an 8 - 10 sec span without hurting your proc chances (due to the double tap mechanic), it is one of the most proc-friendly attacks in the game.
  • Char/Dominate from epic pools is a good choice to round out the rotation since it can slot Unbreakable Constraint. You don't actually need more than two single target attacks (Water Jet and a basic attack) to exploit Water Jet effectively.
  • As usual, slot the Aim power with Gaussian's build up proc.
  • Steamy Mist can be 6-slotted for both defense and resistance pretty effectively. This allows you to take multiple endurance reduction set IOs without wasting enhancements on superfluous qualities like recharge.
  • Tornado is where you put the Overwhelming Force proc - nothing else really needs it unless you plan to slot Gale as an AE attack.
  • Freezing Rain doesn't really need anything except recharge but it can be a useful mule.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

I play a Storm/Water Defender and it is pretty insane damage-wise. However, I'll note that I play a Defender rather than a Corruptor for a few reasons:

• Heavy use of procs in Water Blast means that 40%+ of the Water Blast damage is the same.
  • Freezing Rain is -35% resist for Defenders vs. -30% resist for Corruptors. Since this applies to all of your damage and most of your damage is the same between Defender/Corruptor, this means Defender tends to deal more damage.
  • Defenders have a significantly easier time soft-capping defenses. Part of the reason I'm able to slot my attacks so heavily for proc damage is because I don't need to slot them for defense. A Corruptor would have a much harder time reaching the (admittedly outrageous) levels of defense I run (Ranged/AoE soft-capped, S/L/F resist capped).

• Slot Force Feedback into Tornado, Lightning Storm and Geyser. Potentially put it in Water Burst as well (I don't use Water Burst on my build).
  • Be aware that you can 'split' one of the Corruptor/Defender ATOs by putting 3 of it in two different powers to grab a 10% recharge bonus twice. Normally this would be AE powers because they're the ones that need recharge (you don't want recharge in your single target powers or it hurts your procs) and AE IO sets are generally poor.
  • Water Jet should have a pile of procs in it. Because you get to use it 3 times in an 8 - 10 sec span without hurting your proc chances (due to the double tap mechanic), it is one of the most proc-friendly attacks in the game.
  • Char/Dominate from epic pools is a good choice to round out the rotation since it can slot Unbreakable Constraint. You don't actually need more than two single target attacks (Water Jet and a basic attack) to exploit Water Jet effectively.
  • Steamy Mist can be 6-slotted for both defense and resistance pretty effectively. This allows you to take multiple endurance reduction set IOs without wasting enhancements on superfluous qualities like recharge.
  • Tornado is where you put the Overwhelming Force proc - nothing else really needs it unless you plan to slot Gale as an AE attack.
  • Freezing Rain doesn't really need anything except recharge but it can be a useful mule.

Thanks for the detailed reply & thanks to all who commented before.

What else do you tend to slot lightning storm with ?   and you mentioned recharge effecting proc in single target... is this not true also for AOE's or PBAOE's?

Edited by natewest1987

1 minute ago, natewest1987 said:

Thanks for the detailed reply & thanks to all who commented before.

What else do you tend to slot lightning storm with ?   and you mentioned recharge effecting proc in single target... is this not true also for AOE's or PBAOE's?

It is true, but proc chance in AOE's is pretty low anyway, so you don't worry about it. Better to get the global recharge for all your other attacks which does not affect proc chance. PBAOEs in general have such a high recharge that their proc chance is at or close to the max proc chance anyway (90%).

14 minutes ago, Darkir said:

It is true, but proc chance in AOE's is pretty low anyway, so you don't worry about it. Better to get the global recharge for all your other attacks which does not affect proc chance. PBAOEs in general have such a high recharge that their proc chance is at or close to the max proc chance anyway (90%).

Having trouble understanding the new changes to procs... so if I'm understanding right...

ST = Give procs to

TAOE = No Procs

PBAOE = Give Procs to?

Curious also what others have slotted in lightning storm.   I don't notice the damage proc hitting that often, if at all.   And is Tornado a good place for achiles heel ?

34 minutes ago, natewest1987 said:

Having trouble understanding the new changes to procs... so if I'm understanding right...

ST = Give procs to

TAOE = No Procs

PBAOE = Give Procs to?

Curious also what others have slotted in lightning storm.   I don't notice the damage proc hitting that often, if at all.   And is Tornado a good place for achiles heel ?

In general:

St: give procs

Taoe: depends on the power and base recharge

Rains/pseudo pet: don't give procs (unless it has a very high recharge)

Cones: don't give procs (I don't take them either as the range slotting and line up requirements don't make them worth it imo)

Pbaoe: give procs (especially if it is a high recharge power)

Edited by Darkir

In terms of Water & Storm in particular, the way I did it:

• Water Burst (not currently in build): Place Force Feedback and other procs here as able.
  • Geyser: Same as Water Burst
  • Whirlpool: Don't bother with procs (location AE generally don't work with them)
  • Single Target: Triple procs. Thunderstrike 3-piece + 3 procs is a nice breakpoint. Water Jet is where Apocalypse (and ATO if Corruptor) should go. Your basic attack will inevitably have a bad proc rate based on the frequency with which you'll cast it, so it's the best place to mule complete sets or put other low-value enhancements.
  • PBAoE: None available to Water/Storm, but these can take a number of procs.
  • Tornado: I don't generally slot for procs (except Force Feedback) since they proc at a lower rate than expected with the attack rate (it works on a 10 sec cycle like a toggle, but has a tiny AE radius that provides a penalty to proc rate despite rarely hitting more than 1 target). I haven't experimented with Soul Allegiance Build Up, but it might be worthwhile. However, since Tornado doesn't need accuracy, it tends to have slots to spare (although your build might not).
  • Lightning Storm: This has a problem similar to Tornado in that it has a tiny AE radius that penalizes the proc rate while not often hitting multiple targets. This is exacerbated by the fact that Lightning Storm is generally used on hard single targets like AV/GM rather than large crowds.
  • Cones: The problem with cones is the range issue. I don't use Water's Cone attack, but if I did I'd want to extend the range out to 70+ yards. This consumes slots you'd otherwise put procs in, so my general rule is that I'll probably just use Position's Energy proc (since you can grab a cheap 2-set with Damage/Range from the same set).

Lastly, pay attention to accuracy. Most level 50 builds are 'over-accurate'. They slot powers without regard for the fact that anything over 95% hit chance is wasted. If you're just naively straight-slotting everything, this isn't a big deal since you're wasting your slots anyway. However, if every slot you save on a power is one that can be re-purposed to more damage, knowing where the limit on accuracy lies can allow you to reduce the number of slots required to enhance the power itself (and this limit can vary between powers since some are far more accurate than others).

This also means that Tactics and Kismet can be important on builds even when you can easily hit enemies - because it lets you reduce your commitment to accuracy and save slots.

That being said, the reason I tend to triple proc is because that's where the breakpoint on sets like Thunderstrike and Defender/Corruptor ATOs lies. If you managed to save another slot, you'd need to find something to usefully slot with a 2-set bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Ok. Regarding accuracy and tohit.   In pines what should I be looking for?   How much is enough for +4x8?

Go to 'options>configuration>exemping and base values' and set the to hit to 48. Then get your powers to 95% that is enough for +4x8 as long as you have a tier 3 alpha (so +3x8 really).

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, Hjarki said:

I would love to see your build! I have a 49 Storm/Water Def that I can't wait to slot! 

I'm not sure it's 100% updated, but I've listed my Storm/Water build below. A lot of the basic ideas can be ported over to Water/Storm, but obviously you're trying to hit different breakpoints. The goal I was going for - soft-capped Ranged/AoE, hard-capped S/L/F - probably isn't reasonable for a Corruptor build. Also, my current thinking is that building around Agility/Spiritual (probably the former) makes more sense.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender

Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning

Secondary Power Set: Water Blast

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: O2 Boost

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (3) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (3) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance
  • (5) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (7) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Aqua Bolt

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (9) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (11) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (11) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage

Level 2: Snow Storm

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Endurance/Recharge/Slow

Level 4: Super Speed

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (15) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (17) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range

Level 6: Steamy Mist

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (19) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (19) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

Level 8: Freezing Rain

• (A) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal
  • (23) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage
  • (25) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 10: Whirlpool

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • (27) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 12: Hurricane

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 14: Hover

Level 16: Fly

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (31) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (33) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 18: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 20: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (33) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 22: Maneuvers

• (33) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (34) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 26: Tornado

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
  • (34) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (36) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 28: Water Jet

• (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (37) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (39) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 30: Tidal Forces

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 32: Lightning Storm

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 35: Char

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (43) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (43) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 38: Geyser

• (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (43) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (45) Superior Vigilant Assault - RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb
  • (45) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (45) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (46) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 41: Fire Shield

• (A) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (46) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (46) Aegis - Resistance
  • (48) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (48) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 44: Weave

• (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance

Level 47: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 49: Afterburner

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 1: Vigilance 

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run 

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (13) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (13) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (15) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge

Level 1: Combo Level 1 

Level 1: Combo Level 2 

Level 1: Combo Level 3 

Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 

Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 

Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 

Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally 

Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 

Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 

------------

Edited by Hjarki

On 8/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, DarZindel said:

Fully slotted O2 boost while poor Hurricane only has one end reduction slot.  I get the feeling you play your stormy, very different than I do. 

6 Slotting O2 with Numina is fair.   Going to give you recharge, resists, and the ranged defense he was after.  It’s always fun looking at other people’s builds. 

I did end end up making a water/storm corruptor and it’s a monster.  I slotted almost completely different, except for some of the obvious procs.  I keep noticing that other builds for water/storm are missing out on the best procs of all.  

The fact that the build can slot three build up procs... while also hammering out +recharge.  I’ve been putting the soul bound +BU in tornado and the decimation one in lightning storm. Guardians in tidal forces. Slotted this way, I get the build up proc every time I cast either of those spells, which is about every 20 seconds if together, or I can split the rotation to keep the buff up  indefinitely while mixing in tidal.  

I went with corruptor, still.  I can’t get behind defender in my head for whatever reason.  I really just like all the pretty damage numbers and the ability to scourge. 

Edited by natewest1987

On 8/22/2019 at 11:00 PM, natewest1987 said:

6 Slotting O2 with Numina is fair.   Going to give you recharge, resists, and the ranged defense he was after.  It’s always fun looking at other people’s builds. 

I did end end up making a water/storm corruptor and it’s a monster.  I slotted almost completely different, except for some of the obvious procs.  I keep noticing that other builds for water/storm are missing out on the best procs of all.  

The fact that the build can slot three build up procs... while also hammering out +recharge.  I’ve been putting the soul bound +BU in tornado and the decimation one in lightning storm. Guardians in tidal forces. Slotted this way, I get the build up proc every time I cast either of those spells, which is about every 20 seconds if together, or I can split the rotation to keep the buff up  indefinitely while mixing in tidal.  

I went with corruptor, still.  I can’t get behind defender in my head for whatever reason.  I really just like all the pretty damage numbers and the ability to scourge. 

Be interested to see your build as a contrast to the other if you're willing to post it. Thanks!

I use this build. It's pretty good.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1616&c=733&a=1466&f=HEX&dc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

On 8/21/2019 at 5:55 PM, DarZindel said:

Fully slotted O2 boost while poor Hurricane only has one end reduction slot.  I get the feeling you play your stormy, very different than I do. 

Healing sets actually have some very solid options for set bonuses. However, I'd also argue that O2 Boost - at least on a Defender - is one of the better heals out there.

First of all, it's a targeted heal. At low levels, when you can't target yourself and you don't have much in the way of decent enhancements, this may seem like a bad thing. But at high levels, it's a very good thing. Once you get away from the "we all travel in a tight little pack" model, AE heals just stop being all that effective. They're not bad in league play, but there's no real point building for league play since everything is just taken up to 11 anyway. Targeted heals are what really make a difference - and the only sets with targeted heals tend to 'healing sets' (which are not amongst the stronger sets). What this means in practice is that Storm Summoning tends to spend a lot of time as 'the healer'.

Second of all, it removes status effects. I'd argue that O2 Boost is just about the only useful status effect removal power. No one actually pre-buffs with these powers because it's too much of a nuisance (and most of the time players don't need it). So they need to be used reactively. However, the UI just isn't sufficient for this. Technically, it's possible to look at the character in the gamefield and tell that they're sleeping/stunned/held/whatever. In practice, this never happens. Because O2 Boost removes status effects as a side effect of its healing, it ends up being the primary tool for removing status effects - because you don't have to know someone has a status effect on them.

Inarguably, it's tough to do traditional MMORPG-style tank healing with O2 Boost because it's relatively small. But there isn't much call for that sort of healing.

In terms of Hurricane, it tends to diminish in usefulness in the later stages of the game. When you first get it in the teens, it's an incredible ability. It's a nearly unbeatable defense against any melee enemy and you can cripple mobs by sticking them in a corner.

Later on, these tactics start to become less and less viable. You spend a lot of time in places without corners to stick mobs in. The relatively low magnitude Repel is insufficient to deal with many melee enemies. Even the hit debuff gets resisted into nothingness against targets you really want to hit debuff.

Even if this were not the case, why slot Hurricane? All of its features are fine out of the box. The only component you can meaningfully buff is the hit debuff - and that's either more than enough or can't possibly be enough. Fiddling with the knockback doesn't really do much for you since you don't want to be flinging enemies around and you can't keep them in the Hurricane long enough to usefully proc anything (in most cases). About all you need is endurance reduction.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, Hjarki said:

Any reason to put the overwhelming force dmg/knockdown in tornado vs lightning storm ?  Been running it in LS, since I mostly pile procs in my LS and need the extra DMG. 

5 hours ago, MechTon said:

Be interested to see your build as a contrast to the other if you're willing to post it. Thanks!

On my phone but I’ll try to copy from another thread that I posted it in... see below.  

- build is mostly used in fire farms so YMMV.  

- I think it’s at 45% fire def/69%res plus scaling res ( can’t see from here )

- relies mostly on souldrain for accuracy checks. 

Probably my favorite build for a corruptor. Seems to really benefit well from Spiritual Incarnate as it makes the build really self reliant, being able to cc/heal, etc. 

biggest difference between how I slot it and what seems to be the norm is I use buildup procs in tornado and LS.  I doubt the procs effect the mini pets, but it absolutely fires on the PC just about every cast of either spell. 

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A)SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- Dmg-I(A)Dmg-I(3)FrcFdb-Rechg%(5)JvlVll-Dam%(5)PstBls-Dam%(7)Ann-ResDeb%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)RechRdx-I(9)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A)SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 8: Steam Spray -- Rgn-Knock%(A)Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48)Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48)Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A)Prv-Heal(15)TchoftheN-%Dam(15)AchHee-ResDeb%(17)GldJvl-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)Ags-ResDam(25)Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25)Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(31)GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Apc-Dmg(A)Dmg-I(19)ImpSwf-Dam%(19)EntChs-Heal%(21)GldJvl-Dam%(21)Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)LucoftheG-Def(34)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36)Ags-ResDam(36)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(34)WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(50)ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 26: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 28: Freezing Rain -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A)SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31)SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(34)
Level 30: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A)Dmg-I(37)PstBls-Dam%(37)JvlVll-Dam%(37)Ann-ResDeb%(39)FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32: Tornado -- BldMnd-Dmg(A)BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(39)BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)SlbAll-Build%(40)SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40)FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)GldJvl-Dam%(42)Dcm-Build%(43)SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A)SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam(A)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(46)Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
------------

11 hours ago, natewest1987 said:

Any reason to put the overwhelming force dmg/knockdown in tornado vs lightning storm ?  Been running it in LS, since I mostly pile procs in my LS and need the extra DMG. 

Lightning Storm's knockback is magnitude 1.0 - the knockback is reduced to knockdown on anything +1 level or above. In contrast, Tornado's knockback is magnitude 6.23, meaning it flings enemies every which way.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, natewest1987 said:

On my phone but I’ll try to copy from another thread that I posted it in... see below.  

- build is mostly used in fire farms so YMMV.  

- I think it’s at 45% fire def/69%res plus scaling res ( can’t see from here )

- relies mostly on souldrain for accuracy checks. 

Probably my favorite build for a corruptor. Seems to really benefit well from Spiritual Incarnate as it makes the build really self reliant, being able to cc/heal, etc. 

biggest difference between how I slot it and what seems to be the norm is I use buildup procs in tornado and LS.  I doubt the procs effect the mini pets, but it absolutely fires on the PC just about every cast of either spell. 

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A)SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- Dmg-I(A)Dmg-I(3)FrcFdb-Rechg%(5)JvlVll-Dam%(5)PstBls-Dam%(7)Ann-ResDeb%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)RechRdx-I(9)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A)SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13)SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 8: Steam Spray -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A)Prv-Heal(15)TchoftheN-%Dam(15)AchHee-ResDeb%(17)GldJvl-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)Ags-ResDam(25)Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25)Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(31)GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Apc-Dmg(A)Dmg-I(19)ImpSwf-Dam%(19)EntChs-Heal%(21)GldJvl-Dam%(21)Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)LucoftheG-Def(34)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36)Ags-ResDam(36)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(34)WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(50)ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 26: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 28: Freezing Rain -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A)SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31)SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(34)
Level 30: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Dmg-I(37), PstBls-Dam%(37), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Ann-ResDeb%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32: Tornado -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(39), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SlbAll-Build%(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)

Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)GldJvl-Dam%(42)Dcm-Build%(43)SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A)SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam(A)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45)Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27)SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(46)Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
------------

Thanks for posting this!

For some reason when I click on the data link for every build that is put up in the forums, it won't open. I get an error message that says I don't have an app to open this with. So, like every other build I'm curious about and see on the forums that doesn't have a chunk to copy and paste, I build it off of what I see. I notice when building this, that you've got 3 powers in the wrong level spot. Steam Spray is a level 26 power. Geyser is a level 32 power and Tornado is a level 35 power.

Other then that, how the heck don't you have end issues? I know that you said this was mostly for fire farms, but even with that, it seems like you'd be poppin blues like they're going out of style. Stamina isn't slotted, health isn't stam slotted, no end reduction in a lot of your attack powers. Does everything die so fast and do the procs just help kill that much faster that end isn't an issue? Or does DC help to where end isn't a concern even though it's on a near 2 min cool down w/o the FF procs hitting? Anyways, lots to chew as I try and make this an non farming build for myself.

Ahh.   I have numina's in health and +end in stamina.   Pay no attention to the way the powers are taken by level.   Its based off lvl 50 respec.  Sometimes I have to move things around to get pines to accomodate that correctly.   The build is really reliant on ageless and uses consumption during it's cool down.   You have to stay really active in the fights, making sure that your recharge buff stays active.   If shit hits the fan I will pop a blue, but it's not often.   I mostly only carry reds.    I also only turn on toggles that are relevant to the situation.   

• Thanks 1