pvp only accolades?

Firi

any chance on pvp only accolades temp powers? (Or perm to be bought with bounty in siren call?)

GM JimmyToday at 5:15 PM

Interesting idea actually.

FiriToday at 5:15 PM

Or auto acoladrs on Indom

GM JimmyToday at 5:15 PM

Throw it up on the forums

FiriToday at 5:16 PM

Is it technically possible currently?

GM JimmyToday at 5:16 PM

No promises on the technical feasibility, but when it comes to actual updates we will consider it.

Not currently, but can't speak for the future.

FiriToday at 5:19 PM

:ok_hand:  this is something the pvp community asked for endlessly back in the day. A path for accolades via pvp

Server gods, any thoughts?

PvP only/unique accolades that give PvP oriented stat boosts would be awesome.  I can’t speak for everyone in the PvP community but I no longer have the time to be grinding PvE endlessly in order to keep my character competitive in PvP with things that require hours to complete such as task forces or killing a large amount of certain mobs to get.  Instead I’d love to be able to login and spend the few hours I do have per day or week doing what I enjoyed the most about CoH, which is the PvP.

PvP only/unique accolades that give PvP oriented stat boosts would be awesome.  I can’t speak for everyone in the PvP community but I no longer have the time to be grinding PvE endlessly in order to keep my character competitive in PvP with things that require hours to complete such as task forces or killing a large amount of certain mobs to get.  Instead I’d love to be able to login and spend the few hours I do have per day or week doing what I enjoyed the most about CoH, which is the PvP.

i second this, back in the day before getting older working more etc i had the time. I played this game for years getting enough money and io sets and accolades. It a be impossible now. Id love a io vender for pvp, maybe only on the pvp server or something.

The thought of badge/accolading hunting to get back all of those health and stamina bonuses, etc. makes me cringe. I put a lot of hours into collecting them (the equivalent of months' worth of gameplay) when the game was live last decade through to the official servers shutting down. I have limited time to play the game these days, and as grateful as I am to be playing the game in 2019, I'd rather focus my time (as limited as it is these days working full-time, and being a family man) on the gameplay itself: PvE content/story, and PvP. Free accolades? Yes please!

Very good idea. Hopefully it will get a good look. A lot of us just don’t have the time we used to. Full time jobs, wives, kids. Like someone said it would be nice to just log on and do pvp.

Maybe even just make them purchaseable at the P2W vendor.

In this current proc-laden iteration of PvP, IOs and +hp accolades matter more than they’ve ever mattered. They’re basically a requirement.

Quick and painless accolades would make PvP more enjoyable for those already doing it (more even playing field, people get to play more characters) and more accessible to those not doing it.

If it has to be PVP only, one possibly technically feasible way to do it would be making what are essentially clones of the normal accolade powers, and having them do nothing in pve.

Ie: a power called “Task Force Commander: PVP” which for PvP effects gives 5% max hp, and for pve effects gives 0%. Obviously, these should be flagged in some way not to stack with regular accolades.

i second this, back in the day before getting older working more etc i had the time. I played this game for years getting enough money and io sets and accolades. It a be impossible now. Id love a io vender for pvp, maybe only on the pvp server or something.

That vendor best be on all servers.

I'm not really a big PvP player, but I can see some merit to this idea.

Besides being bought for reasonable amounts (ie. not too large) of Merits and/or Influence at the P2W vendors, it could also be based upon logged-out times in certain locations, just like Day Jobs.  Right now I believe Day Jobs take 100 hours logged out in appropriate locations to earn.  Also I believe the Day Job Accolade Powers charge from 0 to full in 7 days logged out in their appropriate locations.

Back on Live in 2012 and before (with much longer times to earn and charge), I tracked this in my toon spreadsheet.  So even for my least played alts, I knew when they were finished either earning or charging and could then log in on them to move them to the next one.

Yea this doesn’t sound like a good idea. Just might as well give me full purple IO sets. It’s actually funny how many people just want everything spoon fed to them in this game.

• Confused 1

Bad idea imo. The point of grinding the game has already been taken out. The whole point of the game is to grind for things. It is supposed to take a long time to get to level 50. Now there is constantly 1.5x -2x Xp. Also you used to have to earn things like capes, wings, roman armor, etc. Now everything is given to you as a handout. If everything is going to be given without any effort, why not just be preset level 50 and not have to buy IOs or anything?

Yea this doesn’t sound like a good idea. Just might as well give me full purple IO sets. It’s actually funny how many people just want everything spoon fed to them in this game.

If there was accolades for PvE, but only way to get them was to pvp with your pve toon for 100 hours and get 100 pvp kills and 2000 pvp assists, and 100 hosipal visits and collect 400 bounty in sirens, would that be good for you?

Either disable pve accolades in PvP or make some way to get them in pvp or an equibalant. ignore the pvers

Thanks

If there was accolades for PvE, but only way to get them was to pvp with your pve toon for 100 hours and get 100 pvp kills and 2000 pvp assists, and 100 hosipal visits and collect 400 bounty in sirens, would that be good for you?

This cannot be understated.

Yes, most PvPers have in the past grinded for all of the accolades and done so very efficiently. But the point is that it's NOT what they are playing the game to do. If they were playing for the grind, then they wouldn't want to fight other PLAYERS.

I wholeheartedly believe that there should be a way to implement PvP only accolades. It impacts nothing on the PvE side of things and evens the playing field out for everyone else if they decide to enter a PvP zone or Arena match.

PvPers will still need to grind out influence to buy IOs or farm them. So it's not as though all of the grind is removed from the game. But implementing this would allow people to actually do what they enjoy much faster than previously.

Every char needs to grind accolades, every char needs to grind to 50, every char needs to do Incarnates, every char needs to do the AH grind for IOs just so they can get to the point where they are PvP ready.

Its whack, we've all done it before on multiple alts. BTW sometimes you end up doing all this for nothing because your toon is garbage in PvP.

Lower the barrier to entry just a little bit so everyone can get to PvPing faster and on more characters. The P2W vendor has already lowered the barrier to PvE, Null the Gull is another QoL change. Yall wanna go back to grinding Tip missions to switch sides again?

Prestige is turned off for people who build bases. Incarnates are easier to craft. Almost every aspect of the game has been made easier to access content sooner.

Why does PvP still gotta have this massive barrier to entry when 80% of the pop doesnt even PvP, its a small niche community but nah they cant have theirs.

This is what you do, you make Accolades purchasable at the P2W Vendor HOWEVER they will only work in PvP, if you want to get the benefits of Accolades in PvE yous till must acquire them via traditional way.

There, PvErs get their wish and PvPers get theirs.

I never really PvPed in CoH. But, does the accolades really make that of a big difference?

When it's true what you all say. That you don't have time anymore to grind these. Then the playing field is still equal since nobody apparently got time to grind them.

Those that do dedicate time maybe should actually get the advantage.